House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
texan katie

Texan Katie V Certain Expats !

Well I've been busy today trying to delete my account on the expats site. After being called names in a playground childish manner, I decided I had better things to do with my time than to continue posting on their site....I had been a member all of two weeks !

It truly felt like you weren't allowed to be a member if you post on HPC and a choice had to be made. Don't be surprised if I'm terrifird to voice an opinion from now on, I'm hiding behind a tumbleweed in a desert in Texas !

I was going to start a post on HPC anyway just congratulating ALL you folks for being sooo civil compared to your counterparts. I'm aware there is always ''bullying'' on forums but compared to expats you lot just tease !

I will say now that there are genuine people on expats site that I've been given helpful information from concerning my return back to UK, I just picked the wrong one to give advice to and plus my honesty to their situation caught a nerve ! I hope she never sells her house and does let it to the local authority and it gets trashed. :angry:

Thank you for the replies of support xxxxxxxx :D

I hope the expats preparing to leave the UK find the grass is greener, for me it wasn't and I can't wait to return to the UK with its overpriced housing !

Love Katie

Katie

I was also glad to return home, although the housing situation sucks. Where are you looking to move to?

Katie

I was also glad to return home, although the housing situation sucks. Where are you looking to move to?

Shorter answer is where not !

Dorset (poole), Hampshire (andover/amesbury), Wiltshire (devizes/warminster), Somerset (bridgwater) or any other towns within these counties. We have the luxury of no work ties so can go more or less anywhere, but hubbies mum is in Shaftesbury so most we want is hour'n'half away from her.

Welcome to the 'dark side' Katie. :)

Are you sure THIS is the dark side...after my experience I think I found the light !

Anyway as a kid I always hung around with the ''troublemakers''......far more fun :lol:

Welcome ot the site Katie. The one thing you'll find here is that most people are very open minded and prepared to think and disscuss. It seems that the Expats are simply not prepared to consider that the market is not going their way.

Well I've been busy today trying to delete my account on the expats site. After being called names in a playground childish manner, I decided I had better things to do with my time than to continue posting on their site....I had been a member all of two weeks !

It truly felt like you weren't allowed to be a member if you post on HPC and a choice had to be made. Don't be surprised if I'm terrifird to voice an opinion from now on, I'm hiding behind a tumbleweed in a desert in Texas !

I was going to start a post on HPC anyway just congratulating ALL you folks for being sooo civil compared to your counterparts. I'm aware there is always ''bullying'' on forums but compared to expats you lot just tease !

I will say now that there are genuine people on expats site that I've been given helpful information from concerning my return back to UK, I just picked the wrong one to give advice to and plus my honesty to their situation caught a nerve ! I hope she never sells her house and does let it to the local authority and it gets trashed. :angry:

Thank you for the replies of support xxxxxxxx :D

I hope the expats preparing to leave the UK find the grass is greener, for me it wasn't and I can't wait to return to the UK with its overpriced housing !

Love Katie

welcome to the site!

That avatar is putting me off my tea! :blink:

I take a look at their site from time to time to see what they are whinging about now.

Usually its the fact that they can't get their additive filled Tesco's processed junk food abroad, there's no Marks & Spencers or that things are different to the UK.

Plus they are a bunch of greedy ungracious bastards about selling their houses

Guest Bart of Darkness

I was thrown off the expats site after just one post!

Something that those bleeding heart troll lovers who winge about "freedom of (troll)speech" here might want to think about. <_<

I was thrown off the expats site after just one post!

Something that those bleeding heart troll lovers who winge about "freedom of (troll)speech" here might want to think about. <_<

Oh you made me chuckle..... :lol:

To be fair this site isn't really as open as it should be to new members or posters. There is a fair share of negativity towards those who voice against HPC so it does limit debate a bit. I know there have been quite a few trolls but to be honest there are people on here who do similar anti posting elsewhere. :ph34r: