House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anonguest

Washing fruit

So here's todays random factoid query......

Just how long/how much should one wash most fresh fruits (e.g. grapes) before eating, as per recommendation on the packing, to ensure pesticides, etc are removed?  Do they wash off pretty much instantly or are they quite water resistant?

As for other fruits such as apples, which these days are apparently coated with some sort of waxy film, gawd knows what to do - I just peel them now to avoid the taste that stuff on the peel leaves.

Anyone?

18 hours ago, reddog said:

I just wash mine under the tap for a few seconds, probably not enough, is there any official advice? 

and fruit?

On 30/10/2017 at 11:23 AM, anonguest said:

So here's todays random factoid query......

Just how long/how much should one wash most fresh fruits (e.g. grapes) before eating, as per recommendation on the packing, to ensure pesticides, etc are removed?  Do they wash off pretty much instantly or are they quite water resistant?

As for other fruits such as apples, which these days are apparently coated with some sort of waxy film, gawd knows what to do - I just peel them now to avoid the taste that stuff on the peel leaves.

Anyone?

if you are paranoid you shouldn't eat them at all, because they've been covered in horse and cow sh1t their whole lives.:rolleyes:

the vegetable liberation front will shortly be releasing a slowed down audio file of the moment these poor littlethings get cut from their stems(the have feelings and scream you know!)

chlorophyll drinks will become the new "vegan"fashion accessory as people will have to learn how to exist on sunlight.

5 hours ago, oracle said:

chlorophyll drinks will become the new "vegan"fashion accessory as people will have to learn how to exist on sunlight.

That's the UK screwed then.