House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Now it's Buy a Bed

New tory scheme to hand tax payers cash to the rich landlords !!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/oct/25/nhs-to-pilot-airbnb-type-scheme-for-patients-recovering-from-surgery?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet

"NHS to pay people up to £1,000 a month to house post-op patients"

How low can these scum bags go !!!!

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I think I'm having a vision.... yes... yes.... it's a newspaper article from the future... something to do with 12 bunk beds in a small dark room... a carer earning £200,000 a year... 11 occupants suffering from malnutrition... not sure how long the dead one had laid there undiscovered....

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

I think I'm having a vision.... yes... yes.... it's a newspaper article from the future... something to do with 12 bunk beds in a small dark room... a carer earning £200,000 a year... 11 occupants suffering from malnutrition... not sure how long the dead one had laid there undiscovered....

as long as the dead ones standing order is going out each month on time whos counting eh?

You almost fooled me - I thought this was real news! ;)

Everyone knows that the EU is responsible for all the UK's hospital bed shortages so by 2020 there will be no need for any of this.

They got rumbled with this, but now the idea has been planted it won't seem at all odd in a few years when people are taking out mortgages on bedspace in communal dormitories.

15 hours ago, EmmaRoid said:

As it says, the family used to do this but we know how governments have treated families for decades now.

Family members "got on their bikes" and now the families are dispersed. 

That's what happens when you economically abandon large swathes of your country.

Isn't it the case that hospitals are normally required to boil hospital gowns and bedding to ensure they're sanitised properly? In my experience, I can't see your average airbnb host sticking to these requirements...

In a few years the beds will be full in IKEA or "I kill ya" it will get nicknamed when the bodies start piling up. They could roll this out to other retailers with beds for sale too.

Edited by Arpeggio