House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Everything's great.

As far as I can tell.  Everything is great.

FTSE's Up.  House Prices Up.  Unemployment Down.  etc etc etc.

Have the fixed everything ?

Ok, it's not great if you are young, on 0 hour contracts, drive anywhere, have to eat, dont own a house, own a house at the bottom of the pyramid in London, have savings etc, but the bankers dare doing great, the rich are loaded and they've told us we're happy.

Suck it up, effectively.

Is there any end to this nightmare that doesn't involved a large wooden box or a small brick one ?

As far as I can tell.  Everything is great.

FTSE's Up.  House Prices Up.  Unemployment Down.  etc etc etc.

Have the fixed everything ?

Ok, it's not great if you are young, on 0 hour contracts, drive anywhere, have to eat, dont own a house, own a house at the bottom of the pyramid in London, have savings etc, but the bankers dare doing great, the rich are loaded and they've told us we're happy.

Suck it up, effectively.

Is there any end to this nightmare that doesn't involved a large wooden box or a small brick one ?

58 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I doubt you will get a box.

The rich will want your organs and the rest of you will go into Soylent Green for the masses.

31 minutes ago, oatbake said:

Rate rise next week now nailed on.

Rate rise back to where they were for 9 years is nailed on. 

It's the money printing I want to see stopped, the mortgage/savings rates will shoot up.

That only will collapse prices now.

33 minutes ago, oatbake said:

Rate rise next week now nailed on.

Highly unlikely given Carney never increased rates in his career. Even if there is a rise, it won't be more than 0.25% which brings it back to where we were before it was reduced from 0.5% to 0.25%

42 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

Highly unlikely given Carney never increased rates in his career. Even if there is a rise, it won't be more than 0.25% which brings it back to where we were before it was reduced from 0.5% to 0.25%

It's coming, maybe not next week but it's coming.

As soon as rates rise and the money printing stops the bankers will want their money back and your deposits.

That will destroy the bubble.

I think you're depressed.

It saddens me to see people here after so many years, still with nothing to show for it - indeed, house prices are much higher now than what they were when many posters first started out here. All i'm seeing now is bitterness.

It's now time to realise that you lost. It's a corrupt manipulated old world, and logic doesn't play any part whatsoever. 

Maybe we 'lost' compared to buying in 2005 or so, but personally I have never really been in a position to buy as I only had short, fixed-term work contracts until 2010. Renting here makes you feel like a loser for sure. I suspect I would be a bigger loser, however, if buying now in the SE (Reading), given that prices are falling in most of London YoY, and it leads the SE as a region. Also, I'm not sure I would feel that much of a "winner" either, sitting on a pile of speculative gains, essentially at someone else's expense. ;-)

1 hour ago, Simhadri said:

I agree that if (big IF) Carney raises, it will be 0.25% - however dont underestimate the psychological impact that will have.

I can already smell the whiff of panic amongst people who have only known rates to head ever downwards... people I know personally have absolutely maxed out their borrowing last couple of years on the basis that rates are not going anywhere for a decade or so.

They will be in for a shock to their world shortly, even if if the first rise is pitifully small this will bring out some cold sweats IMHO - it may not turn out to be November but I think its imminent.

32 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

It saddens me to see people here after so many years, still with nothing to show for it - indeed, house prices are much higher now than what they were when many posters first started out here. All i'm seeing now is bitterness.

It's now time to realise that you lost. It's a corrupt manipulated old world, and logic doesn't play any part whatsoever. 

People are following what is logical in a free market, nobody expected the amount of financial manipulation we have had. We still don't know what they will do going forward.

Everything is easy with hindsight. 

The correction may be just around the corner or it may never happen. What incentive is there to raise rates, it's only voters after all and they've already had too many chances to vote.

1 hour ago, Simhadri said:

Rate rises will only happen when Carney has gone.

18 minutes ago, BearlyBegun said:

They will be in for a shock to their world shortly

Agreed for those with mega mortgages, it's a bit scary, especially IO mortgages for BTL @$$es

39 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

It saddens me to see people here after so many years, still with nothing to show for it

You are wrong mate. People said the same about Brexit, it will NEVER happen, Trump will NEVER win.

I would rather trust the word of some count in this forum than some self proclaimed expert from CityA.M.

I stopped trusting media since Brexit referendum.

Last 18 months clearly shows people defying media propaganda, EU Ref, Trump, Corbyn

3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Suck it up, effectively.

Sadly and brutally that's the future for millennial like me. I consider myself lucky as I got escaped by narrow margin.

Its like a shredding machine ready for fresh meat of young population to enslave them to victorian landlords.

24 minutes ago, frederico said:

People are following what is logical in a free market, nobody expected the amount of financial manipulation we have had. We still don't know what they will do going forward.

Everything is easy with hindsight. 

The correction may be just around the corner or it may never happen. What incentive is there to raise rates, it's only voters after all and they've already had too many chances to vote.

I've blocked Dreamcasting, so I saw his post in your reply.

It seems I was right to block her.

Even my worst savings account has out performed property :lol: 

homepage.png

so when the 50% nominal crash we now get I'll be EVEN better off :lol: 

How depressing :(:(:(:(

Mrs Dreamcasting, if you're such a winner, why are you here slagging me off ?

I wont reply to you BTW, I wont see your reply :lol:   You could always PM me :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

F**k you people sounds angry and bitter for no reason.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMUXzBsThz99f2llcYUaN

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

1 hour ago, Dreamcasting said:

It saddens me that after 12 years house prices and so the economy as a whole is as screwed as it was when I first found this site. 

The bit that concerns me is that the end result is inevitable but the balloon gets bigger daily and hence the resultant pain will be worse. 

23 minutes ago, Houdini said:

It saddens me that after 12 years house prices and so the economy as a whole is as screwed as it was when I first found this site. 

The bit that concerns me is that the end result is inevitable but the balloon gets bigger daily and hence the resultant pain will be worse. 

The bit that gets me is it's the same trolls coming on telling us we're sad cases for still posting here :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

There must be some people up to their necks in debt and terrified about any drop, that is pretty sad, how could anyone be so stupid to think the magical money tree would continue forever, as soon as the banks were re-capitalized it's game over for the savvy BTL investors.

Hopefully this time as prices fall no one will dare step in to bail anyone out, the thought of waiting 10 years to see nominal prices collapse after riding a wave of gold/stocks/savings/low rents/free cash while idiots piled into housing makes the end result much sweeter.

Maybe the angry trolls that have (re)appeared recently are finding it difficult to shift their "investment" pwopatee are have realise exactly how f**ked they really are.

As my scottish friend in france says

obtenir  il droite putain haut vous

2ccl0so.jpg

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere