House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash4781

Bradley Walsh joins the Doctor Who cast

Well good on Bradley obviously working hard at the acting. I think he created a new game show for ITV that was mad!  I can’t help but get the feeling the new Doctor Who series will be rubbish. I think with some shows at the BBC they go past the point where the show would be taken off air (The Apprentice, Dragons Den  , Eastenders , Masterchef, Top Gear to name a few). It must be a symptom of how the place operates! I have no idea of how the place operates - committees and many layers of managers ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41716877

Film Industry is the same, it goes like this:

IronMan film did well, let's make IronMan#2 - it's a safer bet than commissioning an unknown. We can then make Ironman#3, and a few where IronMan meets the other multi-sequel bat/sheep/dog/alien characters that we've worn out....ad naus.... 

I think there's a huge degree of casting inbreeding and nepotism in the past 10 to 15 years when you've got a tedious over saturation of former small time British/Irish and Aus/NZ actors in North American productions all putting on cod American accents (crowding out the underused US actors and actresses who are more likely to get discarded).

EDIT - To be fair, a lot of them are very talented and charismatic, but they become a victim of their own success and arguably short circuiting the entertainment industry and showing the limitations of how the US cultivates home talent  (much like how European footballers and managers have helped to unintentionally terminally undermine English club football).