House Price Crash Forum
hi5lo5

"weird market" in mumsnet

I think these sellers think money grows on trees.....where do they think buyers are getting it from.....the demand might be there but the ability to pay certainly isn't.....still drop the price and see that the price of the place they plan to buy is dropped the same....win, win.;)

for ten years I have been thinking money doesn't grow on trees, where will folks get the money, prices wont go up...we have learned money does indeed grow on trees . But Trees with deep roots that will suck the life out of the nation for decades to come.

This is telling

"Yes prices are definitely falling or at the very least stagnant in London. Our NDN (zone 4) has their house on the market and dropped the price by 100k recently and still no offers. It depends on the price bracket but definitely mid sized to large properties are not moving round here"

The only stuff selling is the stuff right at the bottom of the pyramid that people can just about afford.

This does not bode well for them or the people up the pyramid.

I was impressed by the grownup quality of that mumsnet thread. I expected tons of indignation and do they expect us to just give it away, but actually they showed a good grasp of reality. In particular that if they have to reduce their price it doesn't matter if buying another one because that dropped in price also. 

Now, if that thread hasnt been trolled by people from here then you'd have to say it was pretty significant.

Sounds like there's a realisation that prices are turning and it's no bad thing.....for normal people.

The bit about councils buying up peoples houses in London was a bit disturbing tho !!!

This is interesting to me as a potential buyer one day

"Admitted not London but...

We’re selling our house at the moment in an area of the country where the market is booming. They can’t get enough family homes. We put ours on the market and had 19 viewings in a week but only one second viewing and one low offer. So on day 7 we decided we would lower the price. Luckily an offer came in that day so we didn’t actually go through with lowering the price but I’d say if there’s little interest, it’s never too early to lower the price (to a realistic level where you’re still happy though!)"

So only 1 week of viewings and thinking of lowering the price at that early stage.

Edited by Flopsy

1 hour ago, hi5lo5 said:

Hear it from horses mouth. Read through the posts to feel the agony of sellers .

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/3062266-this-weird-property-market?pg=1&order=

She's going to wait till January...in a market where forced sellers are having to drop their pants.

If the IRs go up in Nov or Dec....sentiment will collapse...

9 minutes ago, deadlyavenger said:

Loving reading that mumsnet post :) Trolls or not...

I know we've seen them before but deep down you know they are definitely pooping their pants now...lolz.

Reminds me of this:

Mumsnet brings together some of the most vile people on the internet. The kind of people that would love to be slave masters back in colonial days but describe themselves as left leaning and were forced to become BTL landlords as they couldn't sell their house for the 60% more than they bought it for that they believe it's worth and tool it off the market when people were being cheky as asking for a 1% discount, they didn't want to give it away. 

4 minutes ago, Bsmf said:

Mumsnet brings together some of the most vile people on the internet. The kind of people that would love to be slave masters back in colonial days but describe themselves as left leaning and were forced to become BTL landlords as they couldn't sell their house for the 60% more than they bought it for that they believe it's worth and tool it off the market when people were being cheky as asking for a 1% discount, they didn't want to give it away. 

Vile people?

Middle aged women living in West London.... like Stalin with a Boden catalogue.

55 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I was impressed by the grownup quality of that mumsnet thread. I expected tons of indignation and do they expect us to just give it away, but actually they showed a good grasp of reality. In particular that if they have to reduce their price it doesn't matter if buying another one because that dropped in price also. 

Except....'Have you considered tidying up the children's toys? Makes a lot of difference...'

Yep, you sold me luv. Any hint of lego and I was out the door.

That thread reads like members of a club discussing how important they all are. Like they all "Own".

Do they all own though?

I wonder how many are mortgage-free and how many are up to their eyeballs in debt.

Pretty measured for Mumsnet apart from one 'house prices will rise forever' merchant.  Quite a bit of fear sprinkled with faint optimism that next year will 'sort it all out'.

General nonsense memes to sidestep away from the falling prices issue include

Going sideways

Treading water

Steady as she goes

Waiting for spring

And now - being weird

It is good to see that people are starting to realise that the market in London is falling.  Where I live in Herts, 40 mins train ride from London the market is very London influenced with buyers getting big prices in London then moving here pushing up prices.  So I'm hoping it's not long until that situation is less rosy and has an impact on prices in commuter belt.  Fingers and toes crossed.

Prices are so overinflated in London, it's unbelievable to read on Mumsnet that people are looking to move up, god knows how much extra debt that involves.  100k for an extra bedroom here, something's got to give...God only know how much it costs for 1 more bedroom in London...

21 minutes ago, Yvonne said:

It is good to see that people are starting to realise that the market in London is falling.  Where I live in Herts, 40 mins train ride from London the market is very London influenced with buyers getting big prices in London then moving here pushing up prices.  So I'm hoping it's not long until that situation is less rosy and has an impact on prices in commuter belt.  Fingers and toes crossed.

Prices are so overinflated in London, it's unbelievable to read on Mumsnet that people are looking to move up, god knows how much extra debt that involves.  100k for an extra bedroom here, something's got to give...God only know how much it costs for 1 more bedroom in London...

If you follow @HousePriceMania on twitter or serach on RM with PB...then you'll see that Harpenden is collapsing !!!!

or Harpendown as I now call it.

58 minutes ago, Si1 said:

General nonsense memes to sidestep away from the falling prices issue include

Going sideways

Treading water

Steady as she goes

Waiting for spring

And now - being weird

Memesnet