Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mapatasy

Average UK house price falls £1,000 since start of year - Zoopla

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, sPinwheel said:

£100 a month? Small change. We need £1000 a week...

A small start but at least its going in the right direction.  I do like the idea of £1000 a week though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Zoopla might be trying to gee the market up a bit, sales must be slow for them.

If they really want to give the mule a kick I might suggest they adjust their property valuation tool to make the property worth lower rather than higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Im seeing drops of £10k (off £300k places) after a week on the market ... so £1000 a year sounds incredibly low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, crazypabs said:

Sounds like Zoopla might be trying to gee the market up a bit, sales must be slow for them.

If they really want to give the mule a kick I might suggest they adjust their property valuation tool to make the property worth lower rather than higher.

Tbf they just extrapolate the sales data onto surrounding properties....probably the closest you will get to an accurate valuation. I found it was 100% accurate on my previous property. It's not them that are kite flying it's the vendors. They just report the facts when the eventual discount to asking price goes through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sPinwheel said:

£100 a month? Small change. We need £1000 a week...

exactly - £100 a month is no use.  Prices near me (Hampshire) for typical 4 beds increased by around £100 per day typically from around 2013 until recently...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

Im seeing drops of £10k (off £300k places) after a week on the market ... so £1000 a year sounds incredibly low.

Yeah doesn't sound plausible does it. I am sure they can find some way of reframing it to give a polite version of the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

In my neck of the woods prices for semis are down 5k in 90 days ... 

GunuWk4.png

Similar.....although you would never know it from asking prices.

 

59e9e70aa219d_ScreenShot2017-10-20at13_06_11.png.829aa9f1ea198aa32aab75cca778f390.png59e9e701993e0_ScreenShot2017-10-20at13_06_42.png.63ef3a1934074203e013fec4c03045c9.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I think the penny is dropping. Looks to be the same in southampton (I'm in worthing), and Brighton (especially flats). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't Zoopla adjust their base figures from time to time when more local data becomes available? IIRC his has sent the HPC collective into brief states of euphoria before... In my experience, Zoopla valuations are some of the most optimistic out there and losing a bit of froth counts for very little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, rantnrave said:

Don't Zoopla adjust their base figures from time to time when more local data becomes available? IIRC his has sent the HPC collective into brief states of euphoria before... In my experience, Zoopla valuations are some of the most optimistic out there and losing a bit of froth counts for very little.

Hush those sweet lips of yours. Let's have some Friday positivity.... You can bring us down to earth with a bump on Monday ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 293 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.