House Price Crash Forum
Saving For a Space Ship

One in four people 'trapped in low-paid jobs'  

The BBC doesn't appear to have made the connection between mass unskilled immigration - from 2004 on - and wage growth suppression. Funny that...

2 hours ago, Pindar said:

The BBC doesn't appear to have made the connection between mass unskilled immigration - from 2004 on - and wage growth suppression. Funny that...

That's racist and I'm triggered.:o 

5 hours ago, Pindar said:

Whatever man. Haters gonna hate. All these immigrants and their suppression of the government's ability to enact fair policy on social justice!!!

In other words...poor people are poor and make poor wages, reflecting that part of society that is poor.

I'll take poor and British over most, thank you.

The triggering continues. Pointing out the effect that mass immigration has on wages is not blaming the immigrants, it's merely pointing out the effect that this phenomenon has on wage growth (Britain has "enjoyed" the lowest wage growth of all the major economies in recent years). The BBC, on the one hand, likes to take a pro-EU stance, and on the other, whines about poor wage growth. Presumably that's because it really doesn't see the connection or wilfully ignores it. This is not the first time that the "public service broadcaster" has failed to connect the dots or even realise what real British men and women actually think - particularly the working poor who've been shafted by successive governments and systems in Great Britain for hundreds of years.

5 minutes ago, Pindar said:

The triggering continues. Pointing out the effect that mass immigration has on wages is not blaming the immigrants, it's merely pointing out the effect that this phenomenon has on wage growth (Britain has "enjoyed" the lowest wage growth of all the major economies in recent years). The BBC, on the one hand, likes to take a pro-EU stance, and on the other, whines about poor wage growth. Presumably that's because it really doesn't see the connection or wilfully ignores it. This is not the first time that the "public service broadcaster" has failed to connect the dots or even realise what real British men and women actually think - particularly the working poor who've been shafted by successive governments and systems in Great Britain for hundreds of years.

They dont like people noticing things. 

Noticing things is racist.

If living costs were not so high it wouldn't matter if pay was low, without help people would feel they were able to support themselves independently with dignity.;)

not so much immigrants but 40 years of Thatcherite failure that has resulted in low investment low productivity crapitalism, which just so happens needs lots of low paid immigrants. Fix the economic system.

We used to build our own nukes in this Country but thanks to Blue Reich, now need to borrow off the commies to lend to the French to build them for us. Total fail

If you are going to run the economy like Mogadishu, this is what you get. We used to have high tech mills here in the North. Now dance studio's and car washes.

Oh but I'm forgetting the Tory success. Ex Council shitholes in Delapre Northampton now go for £250K apparently. What a success story.

Edited by @contradevian

5 minutes ago, @contradevian said:

not so much immigrants but 40 years of Thatcherite failure that has resulted in low investment low productivity crapitalism, which just so happens needs lots of low paid immigrants. Fix the economic system.

We used to build our own nukes in this Country but thanks to Blue Reich, now need to borrow off the commies to lend to the French to build them for us. Total fail

If you are going to run the economy like Mogadishu, this is what you get. We used to have high tech mills here in the North. Now dance studio's and car washes.

Oh but I'm forgetting the Tory success. Ex Council shitholes in Delapre Northampton now go for £250K apparently. What a success story.

Immigration drives down wages at the bottom end. This is a fact.

My cousin is trapped in a low paid job working in the local fish and chip shop 50 yards from her house.She gets £28.75 an hour tax and national insurance free,she works four four hour shifts.(She sometimes does an extra shift cash in hand).

20 minutes ago, @contradevian said:

That's what the Franco-German power axis has done - with Thatcher as its agent - to Britain since it joined the "EEC" in 1973. It's not a coincidence that the former "Coal and Steel Community" wanted to lay waste to Britain's heavy industry and energy supply. Look at tory policy (and it was the tories who illegally signed Britain into the EEC in 1973) to see that it was merely EEC/EU policy being implemented. Thatcher then proceeded to make Britain dependent on France/Germany for its electricity and water supplies in the 1980s by "privatising" (a.k.a transferring from public ownership by the British to public ownership by the French and Germans) them. Britain may have "won" the war but it has been asset stripped and converted into a cash cow for the benefit of the continental power elite ever since. Not a coincidence.

People have always moved to other places where they see a better quality of life, pay and conditions, safety and freedoms.....British people live and work all over the world always have done, people have always employed maids and butlers cooks and bottle washers.;)

5 minutes ago, Pindar said:

That's what the Franco-German power axis has done - with Thatcher as its agent - to Britain since it joined the "EEC" in 1973. It's not a coincidence that the former "Coal and Steel Community" wanted to lay waste to Britain's heavy industry and energy supply. Look at tory policy (and it was the tories who illegally signed Britain into the EEC in 1973) to see that it was merely EEC/EU policy being implemented. Thatcher then proceeded to make Britain dependent on France/Germany for its electricity and water supplies in the 1980s by "privatising" (a.k.a transferring from public ownership by the British to public ownership by the French and Germans) them. Britain may have "won" the war but it has been asset stripped and converted into a cash cow for the benefit of the continental power elite ever since. Not a coincidence.

All the problems with the UK are down to the UK. The Tories just love to sell everything off and this is what happened. We were not forced to sell our utilities off to foreign rentiers. The failure is entirely Tory.

Now we are leaving the EU, who you gonna blame now? The EU, immigrants, single women on tax credits? its never a fecking Tory is it?

If I were a senior Tory I'd have an overnight bag packed at all times and a fast car readied for the airport. Things are going to get ugly

3 minutes ago, @contradevian said:

All the problems with the UK are down to the UK. The Tories just love to sell everything off and this is what happened. We were not forced to sell our utilities off to foreign rentiers. The failure is entirely Tory.

Now we are leaving the EU, who you gonna blame now? The EU, immigrants, single women on tax credits? its never a fecking Tory is it?

If I were a senior Tory I'd have an overnight bag packed at all times and a fast car readied for the airport. Things are going to get ugly

They're all components or symptoms of a larger malaise.

Edited by Riedquat

I remember Mrs T said she wanted the people who use the utilities have a share in the companies they use, they could buy shares free of charges and tax.....these did well until the people were forced to sell to foreign investors.......thinking the electricity share ........ ended up having no share at all.....conned.;)

4 hours ago, sPinwheel said:

Does every thread have to turn into "immigrants innit".

threads about wage inflation cannot ignore mass immigration bruv

3 minutes ago, winkie said:

I remember Mrs T said she wanted the people who use the utilities have a share in the companies they use, they could buy shares free of charges and tax.....these did well until the people were forced to sell to foreign investors.......thinking the electricity share ........ ended up having no share at all.....conned.;)

How naive people were/are. "You know, there's a lot of opportunity..." as long as you went to eton and are well connected.

Edited by Pindar

15 minutes ago, @contradevian said:

Well if my post wasn't blaming the tories, I don't know what is

2 minutes ago, thewig said:

threads about wage inflation cannot ignore mass immigration bruv

Although I don't think the question about which are causes and which are effects has been completely resolved.

Just now, Riedquat said:

Although I don't think the question about which are causes and which are effects has been completely resolved.

good point that

8 minutes ago, Pindar said:

How naive people were/are. "You know, there's a lot of opportunity..." as long as you went to eton and are well connected.

Quite......got anything another wants they will do their damdest to see you are relieved of it.....but make out they are doing you a favour.;)

8 minutes ago, Pindar said: