House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Eagle

Flu shots weaken immune response in subsequent years

A medical study conducted at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center found that women who received flu vaccines had a weakened immune system response in subsequent years.

Lisa Christian, PhD, the lead researcher on the study, concluded, “Growing evidence shows that those who received a flu shot in the prior year have lower antibody responses in the current year.”

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-10-17-bombshell-flu-shots-scientifically-proven-to-weaken-immune-response-in-subsequent-years-researchers-stunned.html

Still getting a flu shot this year or would you rather strengthen your immune system by taking 5000iu of Vitamin D3 daily?

Obvious troll is obvious.  Why is there no link to this medical study in your post or the 'news' story?

22 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

That said, I am not sure of the benefit of getting immunised against a virus that mutates so rapidly.After having the Government try and force it, I’m Evenmore resistive was to unnecessary change.

There is a process for managing that problem. Flu monitoring centres around the world collect samples from patients with flu and send them for genetic analysis to identify the strains. Twice a year the WHO uses information on which strains are circulating to recommend which ones (up to 4) to put into vaccines. It's inevitably imperfect as mutations can arise or different strains to the 4 in the vaccine might suddenly spread but most years the vaccine is reasonably effective against the strains people are likely to encounter. You can see a list of the strains for each flu season here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_annual_reformulations_of_the_influenza_vaccine

On 10/24/2017 at 12:18 AM, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

That said, I am not sure of the benefit of getting immunised against a virus that mutates so rapidly.After having the Government try and force it, I’m Evenmore resistive was to unnecessary change.

I don't bother with the flu shots, if it happens, it happens. A friend of similar age get a flu shot every year and is then ill for a couple of weeks.

I can't think why anyone would need a shot, unless they are either very old, very ill already or in another highly at risk category. Even then it's probably pointless.

30 minutes ago, Errol said:

Even then it's probably pointless.

Not pointless. It is a very good method of transporting £billions of your money into the coffers of the big pharmaceutical companies. There was one year where the major strains were predicted/guessed incorrectly, and the jab was going to be completely ineffective, but it was still dished out to the masses.

On 26/10/2017 at 10:01 AM, Errol said:

I can't think why anyone would need a shot, unless they are either very old, very ill already or in another highly at risk category. Even then it's probably pointless.

Useless for over 65's    http://www.cochraneprimarycare.org/pearls/insufficient-evidence-benefits-influenza-vaccines-elderly

and generally    http://www.cochraneprimarycare.org/pearls/limited-evidence-effectiveness-influenza-vaccine-healthy-adults

On 26/10/2017 at 9:30 AM, John51 said:

I don't bother with the flu shots, if it happens, it happens. A friend of similar age get a flu shot every year and is then ill for a couple of weeks.

Client of mine had the flu. Told me they got it from their colleague who was unwell after getting the flu shot. Another client had a dead arm a week after getting the shot.