Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Trolling by private message

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

After my announcement that I am packing it in and leaving I got the most off private message from giggler000 about my impending move.

I'd no idea who he was or if I'd had any interactions with him/her.

Anyways, I politely ( mostly ) but thought it a bit odd at the time.

This week he PM'd me again about buying a car off soem bloke and how the buyer was too bust to sell due to doing up his BTL.

There just happened to be an autotrader email in the stuff he'd apartment cut and pasted into the message.

I emailed the autotrader account to inquire about the car but it was bounced back, so the message was totally bogus.

I alerted the MODs and now his account seems to have disappeared ( thanks to TMT for pointing that out ).

I've no idea what his game was but I'd like to warn people about divulging personal info on PMs.

God knows what his game was ( if anything at all ), but c'mon folks, get a grip.

 

P.S. If the MODS would like to comment on this, I'd be very interested to hear what they have to say on the matter.

 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, nome said:

I'll guarantee he will be one of them pricks off MSE.. they're obsessed with HPC. 

I googled countofnowhere a few months ago and was quite taken aback by the hostility.

I dont get it TBH.

They perceive themselves as winners.  They have their BTL empires and their nice houses and almost affordable mortgages.

Yet they still come on here.

I suspect they know we're more right that they care to let on and are terrified then can loose it all at the drop of a hat.

But really, what sort of a moronic p***k PMs someone with fabricated stories.

The sooner I get out the UK the better, place is full of loons.

P.S. I'll be keeping details of my move off HPC now.  I am not having some loony put my children in danger.  What a bunch of moronic ****s

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I googled countofnowhere a few months ago and was quite taken aback by the hostility.

I dont get it TBH.

They perceive themselves as winners.  They have their BTL empires and their nice houses and almost affordable mortgages.

Yet they still come on here.

I suspect they know we're more right that they care to let on and are terrified then can loose it all at the drop of a hat.

But really, what sort of a moronic p***k PMs someone with fabricated stories.

The sooner I get out the UK the better, place is full of loons.

P.S. I'll be keeping details of my move off HPC now.  I am not having some loony put my children in danger.  What a bunch of moronic ****s

I agree, I don't know who is right but if I were convinced that you were an idiot and a loser for renting and I am a winner to be in BTL, I would be keep quiet about as idiots like you (not my view I add) rent my houses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's probably trying to shore up his own porous beliefs by attacking you. Playing the man not the argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2017 at 1:52 PM, iamnumerate said:

I agree, I don't know who is right but if I were convinced that you were an idiot and a loser for renting and I am a winner to be in BTL, I would be keep quiet about as idiots like you (not my view I add) rent my houses.

I agree.  I am clearly the idiot.  The poor deluded fool.  I'd just ignore my rantings.  I'm clearly a nutter.

But somehow, they dont, they can't.  The says 1 thing to me.....FEAR.

 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Si1 said:

He's probably trying to shore up his own porous beliefs by attacking you. Playing the man not the argument.

If his account hadnt disappeared i'd not have mentioned it.  I PMd him back to say i'd checked the email in his PM and it was bollax then he disappeared. What can I saw.

I was wary about replying the first time and would have blocked him the second time had it not been for the email he'd included.

It's pretty pathetic to be honest.  Leave us nutters alone please :lol: 

Im now questioning why I bother now, maybe they want me to keep quiet, maybe they really are dangerous nutters.  Who knows, is it worth finding out tho, think not.

We'll be off in a couple of months, it's not wroth the agro any more.

I just wanted a nice home at a fair price in line with my income.  Instead I've had 10 years of incredulity, watching the bankers rape us.  The only up side being i've made more money not buying a house than buying one.

They were wrong, we were right but the establishment shafted us all, but has fooled them into thinking they have won.  They wont collect on their ill gotten gains, the countys in debt and there's one source of money ripe for the picking.

Bye Bye Mr Troll.

Good luck.

You got to be up early to out smart the HPC gang of 16 ( was it ? ) :lol: 

P.S. They must be s**ting themselves if they've resorted to PM trolling, first time i've had that in 10 years.

P.P.S.  Be careful.  Never forget the crazy gun threats from 2007/2008 !!!

 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I agree.  I am clearly the idiot.  The poor deluded fool.  I'd just ignore my rantings.  I'm clearly a nutter.

But somehow, they dont, they can't.  The says 1 thing to me.....FEAR.

 

Sometimes you want people who are wrong (in your opinion) to change their view.  For example if you think politician x is either a) wonderful or b') will make us like Venezuela with better weather you want others to agree with you so that the desired outcome happens.  However if you think an investment is wonderful you don't want people who disagree with you to change because then there will be more competition for it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iamnumerate said:

Sometimes you want people who are wrong (in your opinion) to change their view.  For example if you think politician x is either a) wonderful or b') will make us like Venezuela with better weather you want others to agree with you so that the desired outcome happens.  However if you think an investment is wonderful you don't want people who disagree with you to change because then there will be more competition for it!

Surely you'd want people who didnt disagree with you ( and therefore wont buy ) ?


You'd not want people to disagree with you in the hope some mug will buy it off you.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2017 at 11:00 PM, Si1 said:

He's probably trying to shore up his own porous beliefs by attacking you. Playing the man not the argument.

Having thought about it, to try and let someone bully anyone here into silence would be giving up.

After 10 years, I refuse to give up.

High House prices and the corrupt government using our future to prop them up is a crime against humanity.

Anyone threatening people standing up for what is right are also criminals IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

After 10 years, I refuse to give up.

I suspect your life might have been a whole lot stressful if you simply hadn't stepped out of the market in 2007.

Are you really sure it's a case of "refusing to give up" rather than "refusing to accept I made a bad call".

Just think. All the hours you've spent venting your spleen on here could have been used for something more constructive instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Broken biscuit said:

I suspect your life might have been a whole lot stressful if you simply hadn't stepped out of the market in 2007.

Are you really sure it's a case of "refusing to give up" rather than "refusing to accept I made a bad call".

Just think. All the hours you've spent venting your spleen on here could have been used for something more constructive instead.

175 posts and he knows my 10 year history.

 

Bad call, despite gold going through the roof, then shares. Renting cheaper than buying except for 1 tiny window of opportunity, deflation, house prices, unlike savings, not keeping up with inflation, living abroad, moving forcwork easily, cash in the bank, stress free life, 2 good landlords who's forked out a small fortune keeping a roof over our heads.

The trolls really are deluded desperate and thick as pig s##t.

 

There's nothing more constructive than the fight against bankers and social injustice...you ####ing moron.

 

The blockings are coming thick and fast this week.

At least I know who giggle000 is now.

What so you people want? For us all to agree you are right, your are so intelligent, you will make a fortune from your house(s), the economy is strong, the banks are righteous, for us to go all in and buy a house, for us the just give you everything because you deserve it, for us to stop calling think ignorant self serving society destroying retards?

This new level of trolling surely means 1 thing..

 

 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

175 posts and he knows my 10 year history.

 

Bad call, despite gold going through the roof, then shares. Renting cheaper than buying except for 1 tiny window of opportunity, deflation, house prices, unlike savings, not keeping up with inflation, living abroad, moving forcwork easily, cash in the bank, stress free life, 2 good landlords who's forked out a small fortune keeping a roof over our heads.

The trolls really are deluded desperate and thick as pig s##t.

 

There's nothing more constructive than the fight against bankers and social injustice...you ####ing moron.

 

The blockings are coming thick and fast this week.

At least I know who giggle000 is now.

What so you people want? For us all to agree you are right, your are so intelligent, you will make a fortune from your house(s), the economy is strong, the banks are righteous, for us to go all in and buy a house, for us the just give you everything because you deserve it, for us to stop calling think ignorant self serving society destroying retards?

This new level of trolling surely means 1 thing..

 

 

Jesus wept. Get a grip. Man up. You're coming across as an angry loon.

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Broken biscuit said:

Jesus wept. Get a grip. Man up. You're coming across as an angry loon.

:rolleyes:

Post 176 :lol:

 

I am an angry loon because of brain dead ####s like you.

 

Nice try with the PM troll by the way, you must think I'm a bit dim, turns out I'm not.

 

Do us all a favour, burn the cheap suit, put the hair gel down and get a real, productive job.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Broken biscuit said:

I suspect your life might have been a whole lot stressful if you simply hadn't stepped out of the market in 2007.

Are you really sure it's a case of "refusing to give up" rather than "refusing to accept I made a bad call".

Just think. All the hours you've spent venting your spleen on here could have been used for something more constructive instead.

 Firstly, to my mind, if it is worth posting about, it is worth arguing about, and if it is worth arguing about, then people who post ought to have argument to support their posting. If they don't and they find me wanting to tip into them, why did they post? 

It's more than "the money" for some of us.

Time spent on HPC can be very constructive (a cause for some of us / learning / friendships)..... 

Quote

PB:  We stand for something. We are here to show those guys that ....the human spirit is still alive.

And Count - maybe a bit overly-enthusiastically at times, and maybe allowing his emotions to get better of him at times as well - together with putting too much blame on bankers/media alone imo (when people buy houses at these prices and HPIers are everywhere).

I get the view he doesn't just think about himself, and overall has a good heart + can be sensitive.  (Although needs to tone down some emotions/views from time to time - he knows I mean him no ill-will, so he won't be offended by that suggestion - and I certainly have faults too and have my moments.).

11 hours ago, Broken biscuit said:

Jesus wept. Get a grip. Man up. You're coming across as an angry loon.

:rolleyes:

You're taking the time to engage him though, in not particularly nice way.  (I have no view about the thread topic)  - try and avoid such things where you can Count (imo).

You're far from the first new member to rock up claiming long-term HPCers still here, and knowing about their past.... getting a dig in. 

.....

Quote

Yes, BB is still here. Still seeing no value in UK houses and still aware that there are other places to put capital. 

You're not the first relatively recent account on this thread with opinions about the distant past of the HPC forum. An odd coincidence?

 

As far as I'm concerned, your positioning here is on the trolling side of things.  2017 member, just 176 posts, is troll-ish (imo) - you need to establish yourself as a member of the forum before making posts that tip into choices of long-term members - at most other times sound money would have replaced bubble money, but we got QE/BTLer double down and so on instead.

And Count knows a lot and has pushed back against societally destructive housing financialisation - which many of us see as still ongoing.

There are some outright/equity rich owners HPCers who've been here from 2007 (and before) who are full HPC minded as well.

You seem to know a lot of Count's housing background (but in 2007 he sold a house that he wasn't happy with.)

On 07/01/2015 at 4:18 PM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The last house i owned, it took me about 12-15 months to find a buyer, I only lived there 18 months, realised what a mistake it was living their shortly after I moved in. I completed shortly before the NR collapse, at which point I realised it was all a big con.

Not being able to sell was a weight round my neck. The agents ALL wanted to put the house up for silly money, it sold for 80K less then the initial asking price ( 10K more than I paid for it, which just about covered my buying/selling costs ).

It was depressing not being able to find a buyer. It was perhaps the unhappiest time of my life

..Had I not accepted the offer when I did I'd have been stuck for years because of the 2007 collapse. The people who bought off me put the house up for sale 12 months after moving it and it took them 3 years and a £50K hit before the sold.

Being stuck in a house is no fun.

The costs/risks involved in owning a house are huge.

And from there he found HPC and came to see more about BTL/housing financialisation.

How many hours you spent reading the forum 2017 joiner (and a 2012 buyer) that could have been spent elsewhere 'more constructively instead' ????

Why you here?

It's also possible to have fun as active forum member.  Big fun on its way for many BTLers who danced right into doubling down on trying to capture Generation Rent Forever (S24).  Always more to learn.

And you're not perfect either - you've already got it spectacularly wrong  in just 176 posts.  At the same time my view was to guard against complacency and Corbyn/Labour going to be a serious challenge.

On 31/05/2017 at 9:25 AM, Broken biscuit said:

Sounds like the pollsters are covering themselves - if they come out with enough different results one of them is bound to right eventually :lol:

The simple truth is it's all rather boring. The tories will increase their majority by a smallish to moderate number. All that talk a week or two ago about a massive landslide bigger than '83 was complete cobblers. Now today, all this nonsense about the tories losing their overall majority is frankly embarrassing.

 

On 02/06/2017 at 6:53 AM, Broken biscuit said:

Easy Tory win increasing their majority to about 70.

 

There was a time I got a bit snappy with Count, for he was posting new threads of reductions, on top-end houses.  Such threads/houses didn't have much relevance to me. 

Perhaps that Count isn't the average HPCer..... maybe he could buy your house outright + plenty of money left over.  He clearly sees no value in the market, remains true to his ideals on housing/prices/, pushes back against housing financialisation, and his choice how he spends his time, including constructively, on HPC forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Venger said:

 Firstly, to my mind, if it is worth posting about, it is worth arguing about, and if it is worth arguing about, then people who post ought to have argument to support their posting. If they don't and they find me wanting to tip into them, why did they post? 

It's more than "the money" for some of us.

Time spent on HPC can be very constructive (a cause for some of us / learning / friendships)..... 

And Count - maybe a bit overly-enthusiastically at times, and maybe allowing his emotions to get better of him at times as well - together with putting too much blame on bankers/media alone imo (when people buy houses at these prices and HPIers are everywhere).

I get the view he doesn't just think about himself, and overall has a good heart + can be sensitive.  (Although needs to tone down some emotions/views from time to time - he knows I mean him no ill-will, so he won't be offended by that suggestion - and I certainly have faults too and have my moments.).

You're taking the time to engage him though, in not particularly nice way.  (I have no view about the thread topic)  - try and avoid such things where you can Count (imo).

You're far from the first new member to rock up claiming long-term HPCers still here, and knowing about their past.... getting a dig in. 

.....

 

As far as I'm concerned, your positioning here is on the trolling side of things.  2017 member, just 176 posts, is troll-ish (imo) - you need to establish yourself as a member of the forum before making posts that tip into choices of long-term members - at most other times sound money would have replaced bubble money, but we got QE/BTLer double down and so on instead.

And Count knows a lot and has pushed back against societally destructive housing financialisation - which many of us see as still ongoing.

There are some outright/equity rich owners HPCers who've been here from 2007 (and before) who are full HPC minded as well.

You seem to know a lot of Count's housing background (but in 2007 he sold a house that he wasn't happy with.)

And from there he found HPC and came to see more about BTL/housing financialisation.

How many hours you spent reading the forum 2017 joiner (and a 2012 buyer) that could have been spent elsewhere 'more constructively instead' ????

Why you here?

It's also possible to have fun as active forum member.  Big fun on its way for many BTLers who danced right into doubling down on trying to capture Generation Rent Forever (S24).  Always more to learn.

And you're not perfect either - you've already got it spectacularly wrong  in just 176 posts.  At the same time my view was to guard against complacency and Corbyn/Labour going to be a serious challenge.

 

 

There was a time I got a bit snappy with Count, for he was posting new threads of reductions, on top-end houses.  Such threads/houses didn't have much relevance to me. 

Perhaps that Count isn't the average HPCer..... maybe he could buy your house outright + plenty of money left over.  He clearly sees no value in the market, remains true to his ideals on housing/prices/, pushes back against housing financialisation, and his choice how he spends his time, including constructively, on HPC forum.

Venger, you're a good man. 

Now, stop feeding the trolls :lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's noticeable about HPCers is that for the most part they want a better situation for the majority.

What's noticeable about BTLers that I know and see on forums is that they're selfish, generally boastful and even if clever (most not), definitely not wise.

Those people who lead productive lives are being screwed.  Vat and income taxes (arguably others) are a brake on adding value through brain or brawn.  Perhaps this is a big part of the economists productivity puzzle?

Speculation, hoarding and other anti-social activities like corruption, lying and box ticking are rewarded.

Moral, hard working and clever people are being oppressed.  The parasites are close to killing their hosts.

What to do? I'm too old to join in, I wouldn't anyway. 

I'll follow DurhamBorn and hope the next economic stage does some good. Otherwise try not to be too exposed and concentrate on family.

 

 

Edited by NorthamptonBear
productivity puzzle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20 October 2017 at 2:15 PM, Broken biscuit said:

I suspect your life might have been a whole lot stressful if you simply hadn't stepped out of the market in 2007.

Are you really sure it's a case of "refusing to give up" rather than "refusing to accept I made a bad call".

Just think. All the hours you've spent venting your spleen on here could have been used for something more constructive instead.

I see.....Inspirational and totally turned me around on the whole housing issue. 

I see now that debt has been good for the economy and hope soon 2m landlords all step up and buy 10 houses each. Everyone should also buy including The Count regardless of the price being asked....infact we should pay more than the buyer wants. I think it helps the building of more houses and saves famine in Africa too. 

Count. Seem to be a lot of trolls who believe HPC won't happen...and prices are hunky dory. This feels like 1989 again...I was there and the more people tell me a HPC will not happen the more I know it will. You are one of the 32.....feared by the troll. Stay with HPC if you can ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 295 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.