House Price Crash Forum

Mark Carney: There is no housing bubble

Either:

He's been told to keep line because of EU negotiations and market sentiment by the Gov.

He;s been told by the banks to keep rates low.

Or

He genuinely thinks this is ok.

In any scenario the crash is going to be even worse during the upcoming depression.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carney knows full well that there is a housing bubble. He also knows that if he puts interest rates up the whole edifice will come crashing down and the economy will tank (separate but connected events). He's just where all central bankers have been for the last ten years: essentially clueless and between a rock and a hard place.

4 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

What in god's name is going on in that photo?!

That's taken at Carney World Theme Park. 

A land where money is plentiful and edible, where £1 million council flats are good value. A world where having to pay ten or twenty times the local salary for a flat in no way indicates a housing bubble. A world where any working-class debt worries can be dismissed as minor and not important.

A world where you can promise and not deliver over and over and nobody minds. A world where you can constantly ummm and errrr in front of MPs and nobody worries you might be out of your depth.

Everyone you meet in Carney World is doing very nicely, thank you, from the house price boom that Mr Carney's edible money helped fuel.

Rumour has it that Mr Carney has no idea what lies outside Carney World as he never goes outside. Some say he won't even acknowledge it exits...

If people do exist outside Carney World, he says they can "eat cake". 

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

What can we say that's not already been said.

Arrest this **** before he does any more damage.

I’ve been thinking about this for a while,,is it possible to take an MP/government official to court for corruption in a private prosecution? I have read many things about MP’s and their dealings, lots sound like they should be investigated, like hammonds land buy back deal with a house builder.. 

could we find a target embroiled in house investment and crowd fund a private investigation/prosecution? 

Im no lawyer but I’m sure we could find enough dirt to at least make the MSM fill front pages.. 

2 hours ago, Tempus said:

That's taken at Carney World Theme Park. 

A land where money is plentiful and edible, where £1 million council flats are good value. A world where having to pay ten or twenty times the local salary for a flat in no way indicates a housing bubble. A world where any working-class debt worries can be dismissed as minor and not important.

A world where you can promise and not deliver over and over and nobody minds. A world where you can constantly ummm and errrr in front of MPs and nobody worries you might be out of your depth.

Everyone you meet in Carney World is doing very nicely, thank you, from the house price boom that Mr Carney's edible money helped fuel.

Rumour has it that Mr Carney has no idea what lies outside Carney World as he never goes outside. Some say he won't even acknowledge it exits...

If people do exist outside Carney World, he says they can "eat cake". 

3 minutes ago, macca13 said:

I’ve been thinking about this for a while,,is it possible to take an MP/government official to court for corruption in a private prosecution? I have read many things about MP’s and their dealings, lots sound like they should be investigated, like hammonds land buy back deal with a house builder.. 

could we find a target embroiled in house investment and crowd fund a private investigation/prosecution? 

Im no lawyer but I’m sure we could find enough dirt to at least make the MSM fill front pages.. 

Start a crowd funding page, I'll donate.

17 minutes ago, crouch said:

Carney knows full well that there is a housing bubble. He also knows that if he puts interest rates up the whole edifice will come crashing down and the economy will tank (separate but connected events). He's just where all central bankers have been for the last ten years: essentially clueless and between a rock and a hard place.

Thanks Mark.

11 minutes ago, macca13 said:

No, but if they start a war and lose it they may get hanged.

1 hour ago, Mr Banks said:

Still anyone predicting a rate rise in November. The markets don't think so. The bank give jack s**t about inflation only wage inflation which is well under control. I bet there will be no rate rise whilst he is cheif BoE stooge and those replacing him will be cut from the same cloth!. 

This nonsense about a rate rise in November has got out of hand. Of course there won't be a rise.

The whole "rate rise in November" story was created by the BBC and picked up by every other new outlet when Carney did an interview on the BBC R4 Today programme last month. Carney never actually said that rates would rise in November, only that rates "could rise in the relatively near term".

That was typical Carney-speak. He's been saying similar things for years, yet on this occasion the BBC decided to wet themselves and declare that rates would rise in November.

30 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

It goes with the job. Mervyn King's denial was high rewriting history in 2012:

This was the BoE cutting rates to a 55 year low in 2003 when annual HPI was over 20%

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2732645.stm

Seriously wtf. This is persuading me more and more to vote for comrade Corbyn.

Edited by Si1
1 hour ago, winkie said:

If policy decision makers were people that are not paid, they were unpaid volunteers, could they then be more impartial and make better economic decisions?......or is higher inflation, erosion of the value of money, a low pound, bubble assets, low/negative interest rates with cheap credit all good for hard working people and their futures?;)

Re policy makers.  I have held for a long time a very vague idea that something modelled around this say with random/ volunteers etc holding seats of gov etc.  I'm honestly probably just bring niave and haven't properly grown up but can't help thinking this would be better all round than the system we have that is ruled by self servers, lobbyists et al.   

Maybe the coming AI overlords will be the answer instead?

5 minutes ago, Broken biscuit said:

This nonsense about a rate rise in November has got out of hand. Of course there won't be a rise.

The whole "rate rise in November" story was created by the BBC and picked up by every other new outlet when Carney did an interview on the BBC R4 Today programme last month. Carney never actually said that rates would rise in November, only that rates "could rise in the relatively near term".

That was typical Carney-speak. He's been saying similar things for years, yet on this occasion the BBC decided to wet themselves and declare that rates would rise in November.

Ding! We have a winner!

Just now, Broken biscuit said:

The pound is already down a couple of percent against the dollar from when Carney spoke. The market doesn't believe him.

Why would the markets or anyone else believe him.  He's blatantly lied for 5 years now.

By all accounts tho...IRs are going up !!!

You heard it here 2nd

@boomsbustsshow

He can't say housing is in a bubble, it's our biggest export! 

He can think it, or rather know it as everyone else does. And he can put off interest rate rises, hoping to inflate the UK public debt away or reduce it substantially, until just below a level which is proven to cause a public backlash. Could be predetermined at 5% but can be lower if enough people make a stink. Unfortunately with the triple-lock in place the majority of voters won't say anything.