House Price Crash Forum
Dave Beans

Here's a new one - win a house through a spot the ball competition

spot the ball vanished decades ago when the incredible precision required to win was revealed. Total scam. I guess they hoped everyone had forgotten so chose now to revive it

Edited by @contradevian

Spot the ball competitions have the advantage of actually being legal as they are not draws but a game of "skill". 

I actually have far less problems with people trying their hands with a legal competition rather than illegal lotteries - not that it makes any difference as few of these competitions will ever reach critical mass and sell enough tickets to be worthwhile.

What they do however scream as they did when they first appeared in 2007-8 is that the end is in sight and we are now at the plateau where prices are high soon reality will hit and  prices will start moving...

Edited by Houdini

Surely most people who enter will just want to sell it. I wouldn't want to move to London, even if it is in a quiet location. Why not just sell it to someone who actually wants it ... oh, that may require dropping the price. I would have to ask why they are doing this. It is surely more work than selling it via the normal channels.

They were struggling to find a buyer for Reve House despite months of searching because of the stagnating property market.

Mrs Weller told Get Reading: 'It's about giving someone who would never be able to afford a house like this a chance to own it.

It costs approximately £500 per months in gas, water, council tax and house insurance to run the property - something which Mrs Weller says is 'affordable' for most people.

The couple plan to sell at least 200,000 tickets.

They should pull the other one as it has bells on it. They want £5m for a house they can't sell for £3.5m. There will be costs of running the game but something isn't right here. They are either very greedy or desperate.

Edited by doahh

1 hour ago, doahh said:

Surely most people who enter will just want to sell it. I wouldn't want to move to London, even if it is in a quiet location. Why not just sell it to someone who actually wants it ... oh, that may require dropping the price. I would have to ask why they are doing this. It is surely more work than selling it via the normal channels.

They should pull the other one as it has bells on it. They want £5m for a house they can't sell for £3.5m. There will be costs of running the game but something isn't right here. They are either very greedy or desperate.

both - I doubt the or is valid there...In  fact the one thing all these lotteries seem to have in common is people who clearly have mortgages far bigger than both their current income and the property can justify....