House Price Crash Forum

Who believes the BoE will raise rates in November ?

Who believes the BoE will raise rates in November ?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the BoE will raise rates in November ?

• Yes, nailed on
    • No, are you out of your tiny mind
    • Maybe, they've taken me in again

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2017 at 11:59 PM

8 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

TPTB have spent the last few decades convincing voters that increasing house prices is a sign of a healthy economy. Your predictions will only be right if someone actually spells out to people why decreasing house prices puts more money in their pockets and benefits them when moving to a bigger place.

Very true.  it's a shame the establishment dont have some way of sending out messages into peoples living rooms.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Very true.  it's a shame the establishment dont have some way of sending out messages into peoples living rooms.

I'm so looking forward to the episode of location, location, location when they show an above average earning couple moving out of their decorated prison cell and into a house with a spare room and garden with Kirsty adding enthusiastically, " and its all thanks to the house price crash!" 

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Nice to see Bruce's thread on trolls, they do exist BTW, google housepricecrash or countofnowhere and see what the desperados are saying on other forums, these are not harmless middle aged men/women, these are loonies who's kind were willing to make death threats around 2008 and try to out someone as TCON and try to  humiliate him a while back, anyone who thinks all the trolls here are harmless are misguided, some I would imagine are desperate, scared, angry little men willing to lash out at anyone they can blame for their impending failure.  At the end of the day, we are not to blame, they are.

The visitors would do well to work out, how come some on here were able to see interest rates going up this year while many post disinformation about it making no difference, mortgages still available, that's all they'll do, TCON is sad because all he does is post on here ( posted over the weekend when I've been out living my life )  etc etc etc etc etc.

I thought about not posting the following as making preduictions is difficult, but given the real state of the economy, the house price mania and Carney's ill looking boat I'd say it was clear to even this most mentally challenged troll what is afoot.

So, dont hang the messenger....from what I understand now, this is just the start, the next steps are:

FLS will end. 

Term Funding will end.

The BoE will tighten.

Carney will leave and be replaced by a man with an opposing view.

Interest Rates will be 1 to 1.5% by Dec 2018, following the US as they go.

Interest Rates will be 4%+ by 2022, following the US as they go.

BTL will be hammered/taxed into oblivion, this is a political decision.

Banks will act like banks again, houses will be repo'd, 40% deposits will be lost, BTL empires will vanish along with their family homes.

HTB2 will be claimed, the banks will not lose.

No one makes a profit if prices just keep going up, it's the old adage, if everyone has a £1M, then no one is rich. The bust mist follow the boom for the men in the know to crystallize their winnings, the mug punters must pay the price.

It very much looks like the end is nigh.  TPTB know continuing this bubble will cause more problems that collapsing it.  

The new paradigm was the same old paradigm after all.

What this all means for house prices is anyone's guess.....

!!!! THEY'll F**KING COLLAPSE !!!!

Sure, you don't have to believe me, no reason to is there.

63e728454305e0bd296d183d3181f2ab.jpg

nice pic

so true, the vast majority of people have been so deeply conditioned by lies since birth that the actual truth is terrifying, all by design of course

37 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

I'm so looking forward to the episode of location, location, location when they show an above average earning couple moving out of their decorated prison cell and into a house with a spare room and garden with Kirsty adding enthusiastically, " and its all thanks to the house price crash!" 

the glutton would not fit into a slimmed down version of any property propaganda show, it'd need some healthy young fittie to spell the message out

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Nice to see Bruce's thread on trolls, they do exist BTW, google housepricecrash or countofnowhere and see what the desperados are saying on other forums, these are not harmless middle aged men/women, these are loonies who's kind were willing to make death threats around 2008 and try to out someone as TCON and try to  humiliate him a while back, anyone who thinks all the trolls here are harmless are misguided, some I would imagine are desperate, scared, angry little men willing to lash out at anyone they can blame for their impending failure.  At the end of the day, we are not to blame, they are.

The visitors would do well to work out, how come some on here were able to see interest rates going up this year while many post disinformation about it making no difference, mortgages still available, that's all they'll do, TCON is sad because all he does is post on here ( posted over the weekend when I've been out living my life )  etc etc etc etc etc.

I thought about not posting the following as making preduictions is difficult, but given the real state of the economy, the house price mania and Carney's ill looking boat I'd say it was clear to even this most mentally challenged troll what is afoot.

So, dont hang the messenger....from what I understand now, this is just the start, the next steps are:

FLS will end. 

Term Funding will end.

The BoE will tighten.

Banks will act like banks again, houses will be repo'd, 40% deposits will be lost, BTL empires will vanish along with their family homes.

No one makes a profit if prices just keep going up, it's the old adage, if everyone has a £1M, then no one is rich. The bust mist follow the boom for the men in the know to crystallize their winnings, the mug punters must pay the price.

It very much looks like the end is nigh.  TPTB know continuing this bubble will cause more problems that collapsing it.  

This is quite bizarre, please bear with me this is my first post on here, or anywhere for that matter.  My fiancee and me started looking for a house to buy and we were looking at the prices and thinking, something isnt quite right.  We both earn what id say was an average wage, (Livingston in Scotland) our mortgage advisor is telling us we can borrow £200K and we'd only be paying back about £800 a month, then I could get something called help to buy on a new build and somehow I can buy a £300K house, which seems an awful lot of money for a wee house.Then right out the blue the government raise the interest rates and we think, oh no, now we'll never be able to afford to buy anywhere decent to live.  So while im looking at stuff about interest rates I come across this website. I was wondering what it was all about so I've had a good read of a few postings since the weekend and I am now thinking what the hell is going on.  I am freaked out.  How the hell can you people know all this.  How the hell is any of this true.  How the hell doesn't everyone know all this.  What the hell is going. Am ah meant to believe some bloke on the internet can tell what the governments going to do even though everyone says the opposite?  I literally dont not know what to believe right now. Who the hell are you people?  You cannot tell me I can get all this money and help from the government and its all just a big scam ?  Something really doesnt feel right to me, I cannae put my finger on it, but right now, my head is spinnin.  This is no real.

27 minutes ago, Wee Brother said:

This is quite bizarre, please bear with me this is my first post on here, or anywhere for that matter.  My fiancee and me started looking for a house to buy and we were looking at the prices and thinking, something isnt quite right.  We both earn what id say was an average wage, (Livingston in Scotland) our mortgage advisor is telling us we can borrow £200K and we'd only be paying back about £800 a month, then I could get something called help to buy on a new build and somehow I can buy a £300K house, which seems an awful lot of money for a wee house.Then right out the blue the government raise the interest rates and we think, oh no, now we'll never be able to afford to buy anywhere decent to live.  So while im looking at stuff about interest rates I come across this website. I was wondering what it was all about so I've had a good read of a few postings since the weekend and I am now thinking what the hell is going on.  I am freaked out.  How the hell can you people know all this.  How the hell is any of this true.  How the hell doesn't everyone know all this.  What the hell is going. Am ah meant to believe some bloke on the internet can tell what the governments going to do even though everyone says the opposite?  I literally dont not know what to believe right now. Who the hell are you people?  You cannot tell me I can get all this money and help from the government and its all just a big scam ?  Something really doesnt feel right to me, I cannae put my finger on it, but right now, my head is spinnin.  This is no real.

I pretty much had the same experience- I've got a good job which pays alright in the south east. Was looking for a flat and I could pretty much just get a tinnie one and thought, heh, most people aren't earning more than me- what's going on. Went to a couple of open days and saw a load of "investors"-after making with a few I thought there's no way these guys are business savvy and have worked hard for masses of dosh. Was looking for answers and stumbled upon this site- everything was consistant. Pulled away completely and am so happy not to have jumped in! 

32 minutes ago, Wee Brother said:

Oh dear nice try.

200k would need a household income, net of utils, car loans, student loans, of 60k.

That would require you both to be on more than the uk mean salary.

Sadly houseprices.io does not have scottish data.

And Scottish htb only offers 15%, not 30%

1 hour ago, Wee Brother said:

go balls deep, better still, get two, rent one out to some scumbag family of immigrants or whatever, cram em in and chuck as many extras in the small print as your conscience will allow, then wait a few months until the price has gone up a few thou, extract your winnings, bang em down on another prop, etc etc. rinse and repeat. 

personally I wouldn't waste one to live in yourself, that aint business savvy, I'd be renting that badboy out too and sofa surf for a few years until the mortages are paid off, then you're golden

NEVER sell. Ever.

1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Oh dear nice try.

200k would need a household income, net of utils, car loans, student loans, of 60k.

That would require you both to be on more than the uk mean salary.

Sadly houseprices.io does not have scottish data.

And Scottish htb only offers 15%, not 30%

Am no asking you to believe me or analyse my numbers I'm just trying to work out what the hell is going on, im really no sure what to believe right now.  Me and my fiancee want to settle down and have a couple of weans. You might have missed that there's 2 of us, mortgage advisor said £200K with no bother, just been on some bank websites and they are saying anything between 220 to 280 for our joint wages, which seems a crazy amount, the woman we saw at the building site said around 300K HTB was no problem. I'll no be buying if what am reading is true, that's for sure.  I really am quite stunned at what i'm reading on here.

4 minutes ago, thewig said:

go balls deep, better still, get two, rent one out to some scumbag family of immigrants or whatever, cram em in and chuck as many extras in the small print as your conscience will allow, then wait a few months until the price has gone up a few thou, extract your winnings, bang em down on another prop, etc etc. rinse and repeat. 

personally I wouldn't waste one to live in yourself, that aint business savvy, I'd be renting that badboy out too and sofa surf for a few years until the mortages are paid off, then you're golden

NEVER sell. Ever.

I dont want two.  I only want 1. There's no many immigrants where I live, unless you count the english.

I'd be on the sofa for a while as the advisor was saying a 30 year mortgage was the way to go.  

Are you one of them S.E. fannies ?

• 1 month later...
On 06/11/2017 at 5:01 PM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

FLS will end. 

Term Funding will end.

The BoE will tighten.

I'm not trolling here TCON. I hope your predictions are right. I just think the BoE is so deep in the 5hit here that IR's simply cannot go above the real rate of inflation.-_-