House Price Crash Forum

Who believes the BoE will raise rates in November ?

Who believes the BoE will raise rates in November ?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the BoE will raise rates in November ?

• Yes, nailed on
    • No, are you out of your tiny mind
    • Maybe, they've taken me in again

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2017 at 11:59 PM

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think they will raise. The Markets have it priced in now. Crying wolf is not good as shown by the Fed's failure last autumn. At the very least a further fall on the pound would result from no action. It would also spook general sentiment...what does the Bank know we don't.

A rise will be greeted with relief from Domestic Corps especially Banks like Lloyds/ Hbos. The multi- nationals might not be so keen.

17 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Agree with everything except that. Just stop the tax credits I don't care what nationality it makes no difference, English, Welsh, Latvian, Chinese, just stop the tax credits 16 hours nailbar culture. And clean out the VAT fraudsters. 

+1 Although I would get rid of VAT and replace it with higher taxes on property.

5 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

+1 Although I would get rid of VAT and replace it with higher taxes on property.

I believe VAT is mandated by EU membership so if brexit happens you may well get your wish. Although unfortunately I can see them just going back to slapping Purchase Tax on things.

7 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I believe VAT is mandated by EU membership so if brexit happens you may well get your wish. Although unfortunately I can see them just going back to slapping Purchase Tax on things.

I hope you are wrong about purchase tax, I think VAT stops sole traders from growing and employing more people.  I know a car repairer who is good and does not charge VAT because he is under the threshold - a great shame as he can not employ more people.

On 15/11/2011 at 9:48 AM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I think they are exiges, Listen to them.

The sellers are deluded but not as deluded as the people desperately trying to find a buyer or get finance to to pay the crazy asking prices.

The house that I offered on recently, 200K under asking...well there atre 6 houses in close proximity, all lf them over-valued, one of them close by to the one I offered on went SSTC this week...the asking price is the same level as the 200K below offer I made, The asking prices are 2007+. I await to see if it sells and what some egyt paid for it.

It's a mugs game to pay top whack considering whats going on in the world.

54 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

:)

One thing is for sure.

Buying a house in the UK now is a mugs game.

Of course count look what happened last time you said it was a mugs game. What has happened to prices since 2011 those poor mug buyers lectured buy us HPC superiors. Oh look i'm going all @Venger now.

Nobody knows if it is a bad time or not and to be honest get a long (10 year fix) and overpay to the max and it could make sense in many circumstances.

5 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Would they really raise when it risks breaking social media from the kerfuffle from people under 30, "What's an interest RISE? I thought they could only stay the same or go down?"

Yep.

House prices only ever go up... interest rates only ever go down.

It's almost as if the two are correlated!

Sorry if more appropriate for its own thread, but if interest rates only creep up I can imagine a scenario in which that would inflate house prices (initially anyway).

We know it's stupid in the long run, but I can envisage a lot of 'buying now before it's too late' for a while, followed by an almighty slump once that wave of buyers runs out and unaffordability properly kicks in. How long will that last is my question.

9 hours ago, Mr Banks said:

Of course count look what happened last time you said it was a mugs game. What has happened to prices since 2011 those poor mug buyers lectured by us HPC superiors. Oh look i'm going all @Venger now.

Nobody knows if it is a bad time or not and to be honest get a long (10 year fix) and overpay to the max and it could make sense in many circumstances.

Exactly.

Edited by Venger
1 hour ago, Venger said:

Exactly.

To be fair...its been a mugs game since 2004.

Massive gains to be made elsewhere, gold, shares, bit coin. You could be a billionaire now if you'd gone all in and bought at the right time...meanwhile you'd be nearlt be up with inflation on your house.

The higher it goes, the lower the rates, the more they print, tho...the bigger the mugs game it becomes.

The housing bull trolls don't like to accept this alternative reality.... But real it us.

11 hours ago, Mr Banks said:

Of course count look what happened last time you said it was a mugs game. What has happened to prices since 2011 those poor mug buyers lectured buy us HPC superiors. Oh look i'm going all @Venger now.

You can have a 10 year fixed, but some of the articles I have read we will be lucky to keep our jobs.. #cant pay we will take it away! 

45 minutes ago, macca13 said:

You can have a 10 year fixed, but some of the articles I have read we will be lucky to keep our jobs.. #cant pay we will take it away! 

Oddly I live only seen Mr banks post via replies...he's blocked in the land of nowhere...I wonder why.

I do wonder about 220 post warriors who've tracked me since 2011.

Starting to feel angry.desperate/frightened ate we?

The trouble with the trolls on no level are they ever right, morally, financially, intellectually, give it up and do a runner before the tax man cones looking for his cash from your collapsing EA firm :lol:

Don't blame us.  Take a look in the mirror instead 

3 minutes ago, Smiley George said:

Interest rate rise cancelled, the BBC propaganda machine has said so - Interest rate rise should be delayed, EY Item Club says
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41630943

The EY Item Club!! Seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

"However, the EY Item Club said such a move risked hurting the UK's "fragile economic outlook".

and why do they think the economys so weak in the first place?

As i said and was slapped down for they wont raise interest rates because of the affect on house prices. As the Ey club say

"A rate hike next month merely cements the likelihood of a consumer-led recession, and is likely to cost Theresa May her job.". Credit card rates are so devolved from BOE base rate they been the affect on house prices as people borrow more in secured lending. (Especially as unsecured lending is slowing down now)

1 hour ago, Si1 said:

"However, the EY Item Club said such a move risked hurting the UK's "fragile economic outlook".

No point asking anyone from the Stupid Club, they've been forecasting a vigorous economic recovery since 2014. :lol:

ey-item-club-budget-preview-2015-compari

11 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

No point asking anyone from the Stupid Club, they've been forecasting a vigorous economic recovery since 2014. :lol:

ey-item-club-budget-preview-2015-compari

Yet the BBC can peddle their nonsense unchallenged, in an attempt to sway the narrative away from a rate rise which is where most of the MSM has been recently. Not that anyone actually believes there'll be a rise TBF.

I hate the BBC!!

3 hours ago, Si1 said:

Indeed lets keep rates low so people can keep borrowing into infinity ..because its worked so well for the last decade ..FFS