House Price Crash Forum

big drop examples

25 minutes ago, bomberbrown said:

LOL at the photoshopped sofa in pic 32 :lol:

Jeez I lost interest after pic 12! Looks a lovely house.. until they ruined it.

1 hour ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

That's austerity years alright.

Here's one not too far from me which has now been on the market for nearly a year. I can't see the state of the place before it was last bought in 2016, but they paid £525k for it then, revamped it and put it  back on the market for £850 about 6 months later. I'd guess it was a bog standard 60's bungalow when they got it, and they have spent £100k plus on the renovation so they are underwater now and still sinking. Link for the curious.

These are the types of houses that should be bought by local families, but this area in particular (not exactly where I am) is hugely dependent on London money and most of these places are second homes. From what I am seeing locally, the **** has well and truly fallen out of this market.

2017-10-11_21-27-22.jpg

2 hours ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

Could be two decent houses but together a complete mishmash that will appeal to almost no one.

49 minutes ago, mattyboy1973 said:

Here's one not too far from me which has now been on the market for nearly a year. I can't see the state of the place before it was last bought in 2016, but they paid £525k for it then, revamped it and put it  back on the market for £850 about 6 months later. I'd guess it was a bog standard 60's bungalow when they got it, and they have spent £100k plus on the renovation so they are underwater now and still sinking. Link for the curious.

These are the types of houses that should be bought by local families, but this area in particular (not exactly where I am) is hugely dependent on London money and most of these places are second homes. From what I am seeing locally, the **** has well and truly fallen out of this market.

Interesting.  Looks like its been furnished for Airbnb, or some turnkey pad for London money to buy, beginning out with the initial asking price.

It's pretty embarrassing don't you think.  Original asking price, then what appears to be some panicky cuts.

Maybe they were influenced to try it so high by another home selling for £920K in June 2017 (although a better overall home) in same postcode.

Hope you keep track of this one mattyboy1973 and update us.

_____

Mishmash. Exactly.

1 hour ago, mattyboy1973 said:

They paid £525k for it then, they have spent £100k plus on the renovation so they are underwater now and still sinking. Link for the curious.

Now not selling at a £599k guide price for a potential £26k loss (before inflation, SDT etc.) If they lose they lose and that is that, they deserve no help in the same world that says "FU" to people who only have their jobs or businesses to pay for a house with.

The place in the OP with all the angled glass would be good or people who like cleaning up bird poop.

Cool thread. I hope these are actual droks rather than some batshit mental kit flying going down to unreasonable kite flying with no chance of transaction. As Venger has mentioned before we want a HPC with transactions not like the mini one of last recession.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66258494.html

11/10/2017,
  • Brief Description changed: A grand executive home in a private setting on an exclusive estate. The electric gated driveway offers parking for six plus... plus cars with a triple garage. The opulence afforded to the impressive entrance hallway is continued throughout the property with a large drawing room, a further three reception...  
  • Price changed: Guide Price £1,650,000 £1,475,000  
24/09/2017,
  • Brief Description changed: **OPEN HOUSE - SATURDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER, 11AM-1PM** To register your interest please call Joanna Osborne on 0121 272 6900 or email sutton@fineandcountry.com A grand executive home in a private setting on an exclusive estate. The electric gated driveway offers parking for six plus cars with a triple garage. The opulence afforded to the impressive entrance hallway is continued throughout the property with a large drawing room, a further three reception... plus...  
02/08/2017,
  • Price changed: Guide Price £1,750,000 £1,650,000
10/07/2017,
  • Price changed: Guide Price £1,900,000 £1,750,000
12/06/2017,
  • Price changed: Offers Over £2,100,000 Guide Price £1,900,000

30% drop in Asking...50% still to go :lol: 

12 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

171074_26952353_IMG_30_0000_max_656x437.

Can I just ask who designed this house and which planning officer was responsible for agreeing to it. This is about the most badly designed house I have ever seen and believe me Northern Ireland has a few classics...

8 minutes ago, Houdini said:

Can I just ask who designed this house and which planning officer was responsible for agreeing to it. This is about the most badly designed house I have ever seen and believe me Northern Ireland has a few classics...

It's Sutton Coldfield - I'm guessing it's a footballer's pad (tends to be where the Villa players live). Explains the lack of taste.

46 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

It's Sutton Coldfield - I'm guessing it's a footballer's pad (tends to be where the Villa players live). Explains the lack of taste.

Big Ron Atkinson?

0,,10265~14494903,00.jpg

15 hours ago, Mr Banks said:

Cool thread. I hope these are actual droks rather than some batshit mental kit flying going down to unreasonable kite flying with no chance of transaction. As Venger has mentioned before we want a HPC with transactions not like the mini one of last recession.

The cool £1m drop from initial asking price, still looks like it's a peaky sold price for the area.

There was a 2007 - 2012 when upper end houses around my way were struggling.

Some still struggle at very high asking prices, but others transact.

I always had a good laugh at this one though; 2012. 

TBH I think the buyer got fair-ish value.   It is possible I know who went on to buy it, and I think it's actually someone who is highly intelligent, works hard, and creates jobs - so that is good.  Sold for £2m in 2013.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33717502.html

Those times returning would be good, but upper end mansion cuts don't have any real relevance to me really, unless housing market gets shake on levels below.   It's didn't in the mini shakeout of crunch.

Edited by Venger

5 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

11/10/2017,
  • Brief Description changed: A grand executive home in a private setting on an exclusive estate. The electric gated driveway offers parking for six plus... plus cars with a triple garage. The opulence afforded to the impressive entrance hallway is continued throughout the property with a large drawing room, a further three reception...  
  • Price changed: Guide Price £1,650,000 £1,475,000  
24/09/2017,
  • Brief Description changed: **OPEN HOUSE - SATURDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER, 11AM-1PM** To register your interest please call Joanna Osborne on 0121 272 6900 or email sutton@fineandcountry.com A grand executive home in a private setting on an exclusive estate. The electric gated driveway offers parking for six plus cars with a triple garage. The opulence afforded to the impressive entrance hallway is continued throughout the property with a large drawing room, a further three reception... plus...  
02/08/2017,
  • Price changed: Guide Price £1,750,000 £1,650,000
10/07/2017,
  • Price changed: Guide Price £1,900,000 £1,750,000
12/06/2017,
  • Price changed: Offers Over £2,100,000 Guide Price £1,900,000

Strange previous sold info?

09 Aug 2001 £372,500 -50%
15 Dec 2000 £745,000

23 hours ago, Venger said:

Hope you keep track of this one mattyboy1973 and update us.

Here's an update for you Venger:

FOR SALE BY INFORMAL TENDER on 30th October at 5pm. 

Looks like someone has run out of patience. The bank, I'm guessing.

6 minutes ago, mattyboy1973 said:

Here's an update for you Venger:

FOR SALE BY INFORMAL TENDER on 30th October at 5pm. 

Looks like someone has run out of patience. The bank, I'm guessing.

Very interesting mattyboy; thanks.  

And now have 2 new listings.

They want it sold.  I would doubt it's with the bank at this stage but that someone is trying to shift it.

Tells you a lot about this market that it was initially brought back to market at that asking price, and then all the rapid cuts.

I would like to believe interest is turning cold from those who fancied a holiday-home pad with London money.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63206822.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51029724.html

Although only time to get excited is when such homes sell for far less, bringing down wider values, to your local families, and they're still holding out for big big price.

Markets move at margin though.

On 11/10/2017 at 9:32 PM, mattyboy1973 said:

9 hours ago, Houdini said:

Not the biggest drop in the thread, and not necessarily the worst designed. But the decor. Oh, lawdy, the decor.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66736268.html

Untitled.png