House Price Crash Forum

More Debt Madness

HOLA441

http://money.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,1696254,00.html

A "vulnerable" man earning £150 a week managed to rack up debts of more than £100,000 across nine personal loans in what his brother claims is the latest example of irresponsible bank lending.

The 50-year-old warehouseman has a poor understanding of financial matters and had no hope of ever repaying the loans, according to his older brother, Colin Griffiths.

Following Colin's intervention, and the involvement of Guardian Money, all five lenders have now decided to write off the loans.

176_smoking.jpg

post-67-1138540306.jpg

HOLA442
HOLA443

Why pic of women worried about sound of jackhammers on her unborn baby whilst smoking a fag?

Think it shows how dumb some people are.

EDIT: Re your sig SarahBell

How can they actually give a phone and line rental away free? I know you have to pay the line rental and claim the money back so I'm assuming the company doing the deal must lose out. I have one of these from onestopphoneshop. Sold the phone on e-bay and used sim in an older phone. Claim the line rental against tax even tho i eventually get it back hence having the phone actually makes me money?

Edited by Anti_Claus

HOLA444

Following Colin's intervention, and the involvement of Guardian Money, all five lenders have now decided to write off the loans.

So alls we need to do people is get into shitload of debt - phone the Guardian and get them all written-off!!! :o :angry:

Now why did I not think of that????? :blink:

Seriously though, not a GREAT advert for avoiding debt isn't it? Every Tom, Dick and Harry will get loads of debt and declare themselves bankrupt. I just hope the CREDIT agencies get their fingers burnt.

MADNESS!!!!

TB

Edited by teddyboy

HOLA445

Think it shows how dumb some people are.

EDIT: Re your sig SarahBell

How can they actually give a phone and line rental away free? I know you have to pay the line rental and claim the money back so I'm assuming the company doing the deal must lose out. I have one of these from onestopphoneshop. Sold the phone on e-bay and used sim in an older phone. Claim the line rental against tax even tho i eventually get it back hence having the phone actually makes me money?

Because they must get people who use their phones like mad and make extra call charges etc etc and I assume some people will forget to claim the money back (Think thats how the deal works - so if you're organised its an amazing deal)

I'd not thought about that - claiming line rental back LOL fab idea.

I hardly use my mobile though but I know people who are constantly on theirs, either chatting or texting.

My ex-h is about the only person who calls me on my mobile and somehow it always managed to not actually ring but go to message.

HOLA446

Because they must get people who use their phones like mad and make extra call charges etc etc and I assume some people will forget to claim the money back (Think thats how the deal works - so if you're organised its an amazing deal)

I'd not thought about that - claiming line rental back LOL fab idea.

I hardly use my mobile though but I know people who are constantly on theirs, either chatting or texting.

My ex-h is about the only person who calls me on my mobile and somehow it always managed to not actually ring but go to message.

Here in the US they are rebate crazy, the rebate offers make you jump through hoops and if you don't file it right they will deny your claim. I got caught out twice (two out of about 20 isn't bad tho) and now never buy anything unless it has an instant rebate at the checkout counter. It's all just another trick to get you to buy thinking you will get the money back, like everything else check the small print because I assumed that the stores rebate details on the rack was correct and when I looked at the receipt it was different.

rant over

HOLA447

Vulnerable man with poor understanding of financial matters ... my @rse!

Hes probably sat in his porch laughing his t1ts off.

Good on him anyway the more people who F**K the bamks over the better cos they will start to reign in their ridiculous lending.

HOLA448

Vulnerable man with poor understanding of financial matters ... my @rse!

Hes probably sat in his porch laughing his t1ts off.

Good on him anyway the more people who F**K the bamks over the better cos they will start to reign in their ridiculous lending.

The guy lied about his income - earning £150 p/w, declared £400. He's not that naive!