House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Debt binge of £203 BILLION threatens to sink the UK economy as the IMF warns of a new financial crash looming

10 minutes ago, FANG said:

My god I think the public are actually waking up and starting to get it.

However what the hell do we do to sort out this mess.

We could 'do the right thing', 'be vigilant' and then throw a few tax breaks to the 1%.     ?

24 minutes ago, FANG said:

Each individual 'gets it'.

They just hold different market views to the superiors.   If someone wants nice car on finance, it's their own choice.

What do we do?  Maybe another bailout?  What's QE held at?  £440 Billion.

People who own houses matter, and people who don't aren't worth a damn.

The solution to debt is repayment.

The video in that article with Jim Rickards been listening to his audio book "The Road To Ruin" and what an amazing book well worth reading or listening too, actually bought his other books too 

2 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

The video in that article with Jim Rickards been listening to his audio book "The Road To Ruin" and what an amazing book well worth reading or listening too, actually bought his other books too 

A well connected man worth listening to, IMO

It is not only land and building that are hyper high and realistically of  good value.....it is also the stock market price to earning ratio....there is no correlation of value to price.....it does not add up, if it does not add up the sums must be wrong.;)

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherProle said:

It's not that bad yet, my letter box isn't being crammed with Credit Card applications with those hand little pens for you to fill them in...

I ma getting the same thing, letters with pre-paid envelopes ready for signature.

9 minutes ago, JustAnotherProle said:

It's not that bad yet, my letter box isn't being crammed with Credit Card applications with those hand little pens for you to fill them in...

Ha....fill them in! Just sign here.;)

Christmas is coming, how many I wonder are still paying for last Christmas?

Edited by winkie

6 minutes ago, LondonBooming said:

I ma getting the same thing, letters with pre-paid envelopes ready for signature.

Not had a pre-paid envelope for years. Someone once said he stopped a lot of junk mail by taping them to bricks and sending them back.

1 hour ago, Noallegiance said:

A well connected man worth listening to, IMO

His name crops up a lot, if looking for articles about the end of the petrodollar, its a train wreck in slow motion. Which I think could be the thing brings this era to an end.

7 hours ago, FANG said:

Create even more debt, obviously.

5 hours ago, Riedquat said:

Not had a pre-paid envelope for years. Someone once said he stopped a lot of junk mail by taping them to bricks and sending them back.

I send them back, but to different companies. So the credit card companies get double glazing stuff and the time share people get stuff about stair lifts, etc.

Edited by Shrink Proof

6 hours ago, Riedquat said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

quote from the article..."A sudden economic shock – such as a decline in home prices – can trigger a spiral of credit defaults that shakes the foundations of the financial system."

Really?  Why exactly should a fall in house prices trigger a spiral of credit defaults...?  Aren't they confusing the solution with the problem.??

We see similar articles from time to time and it's evident that folks are totally accustomed to them and pay no attention.

10 minutes ago, Wayward said:

quote from the article..."A sudden economic shock – such as a decline in home prices – can trigger a spiral of credit defaults that shakes the foundations of the financial system."

Really?  Why exactly should a fall in house prices trigger a spiral of credit defaults...?  Aren't they confusing the solution with the problem.??

We see similar articles from time to time and it's evident that folks are totally accustomed to them and pay no attention.

A lot of people I know with properties that have gone up in value have remortgaged to accommodate their extravagant lifestyles and/or spend according to teh value they think is in their home that they could release of they ever needed to