HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
8 hours ago, chronyx said:

Seen several mentions here and elsewhere of mid October being the time things start to get interesting. Any one noticing anything or aware of any specifics?

I've been reliably informed that Strictly is "hotting up". Is that the sort of thing you had in mind?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
5 minutes ago, reddog said:

I heard it is because all the finance people are back from their holidays and start reviewing what assets they have, a thorough check shows they have been over exuberant.

Ah, yes, that well known finance axiom: "Buy in May and go away, don't get out 'til St Ledger's day!"

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
On 10/9/2017 at 12:24 PM, chronyx said:

Well remembered funn3r!

Thanks but how could I forget! Did my own investigations but couldn't come up with a logical opinion about whether or not that user was correct. Has been on my mind for a while, but not very long to go and we will know for sure this time next week. 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
6 minutes ago, Wurzel Of Highbridge said:

October I notice a lot of people off 'ill' from work - seasonal depression, a few do have minor ailments.

I think the mood darkens a bit this time of year,collectively could easily trigger the markets I guess

Interesting, I'd have guessed it would be November, when the clocks change and suddenly people are leaving work in the dark.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
16 minutes ago, Wurzel Of Highbridge said:

October I notice a lot of people off 'ill' from work - seasonal depression, a few do have minor ailments.

Massive lack of D3. Nearly everyone is deficient (similar case with Zinc/Magnesium) and will benefit from taking sensible supplements.

HOLA4420
5 hours ago, Errol said:

Massive lack of D3. Nearly everyone is deficient (similar case with Zinc/Magnesium) and will benefit from taking sensible supplements.

This. Do as he says. And don't shortcut by getting "vitamin D' from Aldi, the real stuff D3 is very cheap. 

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

OMFG I have a very bad feeling about this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/13/exactly-30-years-better-forecasting-means-hurricane-ophelia/

I remember the hurricane. There were loads of trees down near me and neighbours houses smashed up but my only damage was a couple of ridge tiles blown off and they didn't even break when they fell on the lawn.  It was impossible to get anyone out to fix it because they were swamped, so the insurance let me claim for a ladder and I stuck them back on myself.

Went into work Monday morning and not many in. My boss was though and looking truly messed up. I asked what was wrong and he just looked at me like he was dead, his financial position had been wiped out I heard later.

When I say I have a bad feeling perhaps I mean good feeling lol

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
2 hours ago, Funn3r said:

OMFG I have a very bad feeling about this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/13/exactly-30-years-better-forecasting-means-hurricane-ophelia/

I remember the hurricane. There were loads of trees down near me and neighbours houses smashed up but my only damage was a couple of ridge tiles blown off and they didn't even break when they fell on the lawn.  It was impossible to get anyone out to fix it because they were swamped, so the insurance let me claim for a ladder and I stuck them back on myself.

Went into work Monday morning and not many in. My boss was though and looking truly messed up. I asked what was wrong and he just looked at me like he was dead, his financial position had been wiped out I heard later.

When I say I have a bad feeling perhaps I mean good feeling lol

Do you think it will be a catalyst due to massive insurance claims then?

HOLA4425
4 hours ago, chronyx said:

Do you think it will be a catalyst due to massive insurance claims then?

It all went wrong because Friday was a bad day on Wall Street, then when the UK city slickers couldn't go to work and recover positions on Monday it was enough to push everything over the edge. Cannot see that unfolding the same way this time whatever happens with the storm. I suppose just wishful thinking. Also it's funny how fast 30 years goes by. 

Archived