Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chronyx

October

Recommended Posts

Seen several mentions here and elsewhere of mid October being the time things start to get interesting. Any one noticing anything or aware of any specifics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This warning comes around every October since the last crash......nobody can do themselves any harm by being aware of what may happen.....fail to plan, plan to fail.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chronyx said:

Seen several mentions here and elsewhere of mid October being the time things start to get interesting. Any one noticing anything or aware of any specifics?

I've been reliably informed that Strictly is "hotting up". Is that the sort of thing you had in mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard it is because all the finance people are back from their holidays and start reviewing what assets they have, a thorough check shows they have been over exuberant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, reddog said:

I heard it is because all the finance people are back from their holidays and start reviewing what assets they have, a thorough check shows they have been over exuberant.

Ah, yes, that well known finance axiom: "Buy in May and go away, don't get out 'til St Ledger's day!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:03 AM, winkie said:

Generally October is the month of change.......who knows.....the harvest moon was a picture?;)

Yep pretty nice in my neck of the woods, one of my morning walks...........

 

chatsworth-house-derbyshire-peak-distric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2017 at 12:24 PM, chronyx said:

Well remembered funn3r!

Thanks but how could I forget! Did my own investigations but couldn't come up with a logical opinion about whether or not that user was correct. Has been on my mind for a while, but not very long to go and we will know for sure this time next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

Yep pretty nice in my neck of the woods, one of my morning walks...........

 

chatsworth-house-derbyshire-peak-distric

Very sexy sheep and that's a lovely HMO in the background.

No but seriously that's nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2017 at 11:40 AM, Funn3r said:

Either 12th or 16th October seemed favourite in previous discussions

 

Please be the 12th. In Singapore just now, would be fascinating to watch it unfold...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

October I notice a lot of people off 'ill' from work - seasonal depression, a few do have minor ailments.

I think the mood darkens a bit this time of year,collectively could easily trigger the markets I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wurzel Of Highbridge said:

October I notice a lot of people off 'ill' from work - seasonal depression, a few do have minor ailments.

I think the mood darkens a bit this time of year,collectively could easily trigger the markets I guess

Interesting, I'd have guessed it would be November, when the clocks change and suddenly people are leaving work in the dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 10:16 AM, crashmonitor said:

Yep pretty nice in my neck of the woods, one of my morning walks...........

 

chatsworth-house-derbyshire-peak-distric

Oi! Get off my land!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wurzel Of Highbridge said:

October I notice a lot of people off 'ill' from work - seasonal depression, a few do have minor ailments.

Massive lack of D3. Nearly everyone is deficient (similar case with Zinc/Magnesium) and will benefit from taking sensible supplements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Errol said:

Massive lack of D3. Nearly everyone is deficient (similar case with Zinc/Magnesium) and will benefit from taking sensible supplements.

This. Do as he says. And don't shortcut by getting "vitamin D' from Aldi, the real stuff D3 is very cheap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMFG I have a very bad feeling about this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/13/exactly-30-years-better-forecasting-means-hurricane-ophelia/

I remember the hurricane. There were loads of trees down near me and neighbours houses smashed up but my only damage was a couple of ridge tiles blown off and they didn't even break when they fell on the lawn.  It was impossible to get anyone out to fix it because they were swamped, so the insurance let me claim for a ladder and I stuck them back on myself.

Went into work Monday morning and not many in. My boss was though and looking truly messed up. I asked what was wrong and he just looked at me like he was dead, his financial position had been wiped out I heard later.

When I say I have a bad feeling perhaps I mean good feeling lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Funn3r said:

OMFG I have a very bad feeling about this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/13/exactly-30-years-better-forecasting-means-hurricane-ophelia/

I remember the hurricane. There were loads of trees down near me and neighbours houses smashed up but my only damage was a couple of ridge tiles blown off and they didn't even break when they fell on the lawn.  It was impossible to get anyone out to fix it because they were swamped, so the insurance let me claim for a ladder and I stuck them back on myself.

Went into work Monday morning and not many in. My boss was though and looking truly messed up. I asked what was wrong and he just looked at me like he was dead, his financial position had been wiped out I heard later.

When I say I have a bad feeling perhaps I mean good feeling lol

Do you think it will be a catalyst due to massive insurance claims then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chronyx said:

Do you think it will be a catalyst due to massive insurance claims then?

It all went wrong because Friday was a bad day on Wall Street, then when the UK city slickers couldn't go to work and recover positions on Monday it was enough to push everything over the edge. Cannot see that unfolding the same way this time whatever happens with the storm. I suppose just wishful thinking. Also it's funny how fast 30 years goes by. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 293 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.