House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Si_

Sunday Times Bullish Today

Sigh, the wife has been reading the Time today. An article in the home section talking about massive pick up this quarter, 50% more buyers registered and prices going up 5% in London and more in places like East Anglia. RICS are there saying that after 15 months of flat or drops, we have had 2 months of rises so everything is rosey (funny how for those 15 months things were apparently rosey?).

Main section has an article that housing supply is massively outstriped by demand by £350k upwards houses which is going to force prices up massively in the first half of this year.

Hmmmm, I have been telling her for 3 years there will be a crash. Am I in trouble or what :(

Si

Sigh, the wife has been reading the Time today. An article in the home section talking about massive pick up this quarter, 50% more buyers registered and prices going up 5% in London and more in places like East Anglia. RICS are there saying that after 15 months of flat or drops, we have had 2 months of rises so everything is rosey (funny how for those 15 months things were apparently rosey?).

Main section has an article that housing supply is massively outstriped by demand by £350k upwards houses which is going to force prices up massively in the first half of this year.

Hmmmm, I have been telling her for 3 years there will be a crash. Am I in trouble or what :(

Si

Check out Merryn Webb's mega bearish article in the Money section:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,...2014036,00.html

av_1668.gif

post-67-1138543202.gif

Edited by Baz63

Si

I read that as well. Luckily, I'm not interested in houses over £350k. What is really interesting me is the number of bottome end properties coming up at auction and the ever increasing discounts on 2 bed flats.

The head will eventually wonder why its lost all feeling in its legs and, in true Wily Coyote style, will scream all the way to the canyon floor. Not sure what the boulder will be that falls on his head after he lands - maybe The Spice Girls will make a come back.

Si

Depends what you read doesn't it? The most expensive area of Britain, the Surrey stockbroker belt, is awash with properties for sale and rent. In fact 177,214 vacant properties looking for a sucker, er, buyer or renter. Thats just one source. So it seems there are multiple tens of thousands of properties empty and the list grows daily. E.g. Walton-Weybridge added another 70 empty properties in the last 5 days alone. Shortage of properties, I do not think so. Don't be conned by the VIs.

http://www.findaproperty.com/