House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spirit

Independent: This is the real reason why the Tories can't solve the housing crisis

Spirit many thanks for posting this link. I cannot believe this has been printed by the MSM. What a change. 

It has made my day.

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

"Houses in Britain are perfectly affordable. "

:lol:

Only if you bough a house in London in 1970.

They allow people like this to write in a national newspaper!!!!

The working young in London, where thousands still living at home with parents feel they have been let down by both parties.....there is NO way they can buy to live locally now......their parents could have bought a nice three bed family home on a single or one wage and a part-time average London wage in the 80s for approx less than £100k....that same home now requires two professional people to buy it with a large deposit at a cost of approx half a million pounds or sometimes more.......the housing system is totally broken......will wait and see if any of the political parties have the gumption to do anything about it.....nothing worth doing done so far.....a joke, but not funny.;)

Strange the I does not number the Labour MP's who also have landlord interests.....

The years 97 - 2010 were hardly bad news for HPI for owners either were they.....

Both major parties are at fault.......

1 hour ago, geezer466 said:

Strange the I does not number the Labour MP's who also have landlord interests.....

If I remember correctly, it's a smaller proportion than for Conservative MPs, but still way above the average for society at large ... so yes, both groups have an outsize vested interest.