• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Just now, Freezer? Best place for it said:

I saw a great graph showing Telegraph Sales - basically a tail dive, these guys obviously don't have a Scooby.

I always thought- seriously- the Telegraph really took off due to being the first broadsheet to introduce Fantasy Football. 

It suddenly was everywhere once it got its league going.

HOLA445
39 minutes ago, Si1 said:

You can call whatever u want, unless govt policy changes, there is no hope for young people. Rents will increase, prices will increase as govt does its best to devalue pound. You won't admit it its up to u. If your logic is flawless why are people waiting for years on this forum for a crash ? Past experience should be guiding light for future precaution. Ignoring past experience is stubborn attitude. Being pedantic is good, but being practical is better. Either you find another grammar or spelling mistake in my post or come into the real world run by tories.

HOLA446
2 hours ago, thewig said:

gravity isn't a law, its an unproven theory. just sayin 

TL;DR: Latest theory is that gravity is neither a law nor a fundamental force, it just 'happens' as a result of all the other microscopic entropic stuff going on at the quantum level.

HOLA447
HOLA448
5 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

If your logic is flawless why are people waiting for years on this forum for a crash ? 

You're spectacular. Even your sentences aren't even internally consistent.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
4 hours ago, Simhadri said:

You can call it ******** if prices drop in Southeast by 2022. Please wait 5 more years to prove yourselves. Raw data ? I will leave it to you to find and analyze what happened in last 10 years.

I know nothing at all about investing but I do know that historic performance is not an indicator of future performance. 

Shouldnt you be at some dinner party somewhere sharing your market wisdom?

Edited by Sawitcoming

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

What is more to the point is that as the London Mayor likes to point out, London is a global city. Currently its average wage falls far below the level needed to support that status. Unless the London economy can find a magical way to quadruple that average wage in just a few years then expecting prices to keep rising is misguided. There are millions of families across the capital crammed into pokey poor quality housing not as a result of lack of choice but cost. They are there only because of price. Why, if they could afford to move wouldn't they. Just go and sit in any council Housing Dept. waiting room across London and the Home Counties to see the reality that smart dinner parties ignore. It is the result of decades of excess cheap credit creating a massive housing bubble. It will deflate.

HOLA4413
8 hours ago, Sawitcoming said:

I know nothing at all about investing but I do know that historic performance is not an indicator of future performance. 

Shouldnt you be at some dinner party somewhere sharing your market wisdom?

No mate. You should be the one at every university telling young people to wait another 10 years. Plz share your wisdom with them. I dont need to be at dinner parties as its better suited for BTL brigade.

HOLA4414
7 hours ago, Parkwell said:

It will all fall eventually but it's taking literally forever (yeah, check out my grammar ;)). And the longer it takes the more entrenched the BTLers are getting. I'm making plans to get out of the South East. It ain't worth it. All turning to shit.

It MUST fall. Or next generation is sh****d. One more thing. With rate rises, if prices fall, we have overseas cash buyers buying up cheaper homes. Manchester is going through it with chinese now buying blocks of apartments and terraced houses and renting them. Previously they were focussed on high value properties in london but now the plague is spreading to other cities. Will be good if govt bans sales to overseas people of any house whose value is under £200k. Its taking years to even get a small fall and by then rents are rising.

HOLA4415
25 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

No mate. You should be the one at every university telling young people to wait another 10 years. Plz share your wisdom with them. I dont need to be at dinner parties as its better suited for BTL brigade.

No. Because I do not feel the need to tell anyone what they should be doing. If you have bought your house last year in lovely Milton Keynes, can I ask what your interest is in the subject of HPC? Surely that works against your interests. Especially somewhere like Mk which has been bubble tactic and surely one of those places that will suffers more than London as the market contracts?

HOLA4416
2 hours ago, Simhadri said:

I am one of those "young," people. You'd be surprised how many of us are not buying because we know a crash is on the cards and all we can afford is a shoebox in zone 27.

This site has saved me much pain. The knowledge shared with others in my social circle has helped them. Some have bought knowing this and are happy and content. Many know it will have to correct. And soon. You've seen the tremors already in the raising of housing as a political issue.

I hope you visit when it all falls like the house of cards it is.

if you genuinely believe that these prices in the South East are economically and moreso politically sustainable given the events since 2015, then I admire your Arsene Wenger glasses.

HOLA4417

So if there is not going to be a crash, then wages must rise to support all the rising prices, not just in housing but everyday life. AND a policy to state that there will be no price rises in anything to outstrip the new found wealth of UK workers

HOLA4418
15 minutes ago, Sawitcoming said:

No. Because I do not feel the need to tell anyone what they should be doing. If you have bought your house last year in lovely Milton Keynes, can I ask what your interest is in the subject of HPC? Surely that works against your interests. Especially somewhere like Mk which has been bubble tactic and surely one of those places that will suffers more than London as the market contracts?

Buying house and joining HPC is not against my interest as I waited for 7 years to buy expecting a crash which didnt happen. I bought in Folkestone if you read my comments in other threads. I was telling the houses which I saw in MK to buy have gone up by 40%-50% and you assumed I bought in MK. I bought for 30% more than sellers paid 11 years ago i folkestone. So its not bubble price. You are saying you dont tell others what they should do. But you were telling me to go to dinner parties :lol: Im saying those who lecture others to wait 10 more years are the ones who are telling others what to do. Trusting those fake prophets in media, I wasted 7 years and could have bought before HTB started. My interest in HPC is it should happen as there are millions like me who waited for crash but govt not letting it happen.

HOLA4419
16 hours ago, Simhadri said:

Good to know that and you made the move. We bought in June.

One thing I understood is its almost impossible to fight against vested interests in markets to get a decent deal in a capitalist society.

Either I spend years and years into my 40s shouting from fringes or protect myself from BTL vultures. I opted for the later.

I wish but if I look at the practicality, the laws of financial gravity in this country are in reverse order. Wrong are proved right and right are being made to wait.

This is what we eventually came around to thinking, plus we had a very narrow criteria of what we wanted to purchase. I offered on three houses in twelve months of looking. Drove the GF a bit mental tbh but we managed to buy from people with no chain who wanted a quick move. House needed work so I've been learning all about that and enjoying it as I've gone along. Hopefully we've been adding value but for me the ultimate goal in this game we find ourselves in is to end up with a really nice place to live. I'm not actually bothered about prices now (save for not being in enormous negative equity and being crushed by punitive interest rates). 

I agree with your last point. Something is wrong when bad news is cheered by the stock market with the expectation of yet more QE and the prudent are being rinsed to the benefit of the feckless and profligate. 

HOLA4420
13 hours ago, Thorn said:

I always thought- seriously- the Telegraph really took off due to being the first broadsheet to introduce Fantasy Football. 

It suddenly was everywhere once it got its league going.

It literally starting taking off when they offered a free bottle of water with it Heathrow air-side. I wont fly without one. 

HOLA4421

So your interest is altruistic. Admirable.

You believe it should happen yet you strongly maintain the view that it will not happen. 

Sorry, I thought it was mk you bought in. I guess I just have a general tendency to be wrong. 

Dont get me wrong I like many of your posts but the last few days you have taken a strong turn on saying that hpc is fantasy. Was curious what your interest here is. Not sure that "to be on the forum" is a good answer.

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Simhadri said:

Looks like you found one of the broken clocks. :) 

HOLA4423
3 minutes ago, adarmo said:

This is what we eventually came around to thinking, plus we had a very narrow criteria of what we wanted to purchase. I offered on three houses in twelve months of looking. Drove the GF a bit mental tbh but we managed to buy from people with no chain who wanted a quick move. House needed work so I've been learning all about that and enjoying it as I've gone along. Hopefully we've been adding value but for me the ultimate goal in this game we find ourselves in is to end up with a really nice place to live. I'm not actually bothered about prices now (save for not being in enormous negative equity and being crushed by punitive interest rates). 

I agree with your last point. Something is wrong when bad news is cheered by the stock market with the expectation of yet more QE and the prudent are being rinsed to the benefit of the feckless and profligate. 

Cool. More QE should not happen but all decisions by govt look to inflate further and kill the value of a monthly salary. Im not bothered about negative equity. Unless rates rise too high, monthly payments are manageable. But high rates will help me with savings which is good.

HOLA4424
20 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

Buying house and joining HPC is not against my interest as I waited for 7 years to buy expecting a crash which didnt happen. I bought in Folkestone if you read my comments in other threads. I was telling the houses which I saw in MK to buy have gone up by 40%-50% and you assumed I bought in MK. I bought for 30% more than sellers paid 11 years ago i folkestone. So its not bubble price. You are saying you dont tell others what they should do. But you were telling me to go to dinner parties :lol: Im saying those who lecture others to wait 10 more years are the ones who are telling others what to do. Trusting those fake prophets in media, I wasted 7 years and could have bought before HTB started. My interest in HPC is it should happen as there are millions like me who waited for crash but govt not letting it happen.

You're like my parallel!

If I took his advice and waited 10 more years I dread to think how irate I'd become watching my savings get slaughtered by inflation and more QE not to mention being 10 years old and unable to borrow for a long a term as I'd initially wanted. 

No doubt the housing position in this country sucks but ultimately it's a market (a market where supply is constrained in the short term, and demand is ramped with immigration and more importantly cheap and easy credit). 

HOLA4425
9 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

Cool. More QE should not happen but all decisions by govt look to inflate further and kill the value of a monthly salary. Im not bothered about negative equity. Unless rates rise too high, monthly payments are manageable. But high rates will help me with savings which is good.

Agreed. This is why I was initially excited about BitCoin but in reality it can't scale and it's fool's gold plus too many other ICOs mean it's essentially a heavily unregulated IPO but without any rights. Caveat emptor. 

-ve equity is not really so much a concern if, like you say, rates stay low. I just like the idea of hitting 75% LTV in two years after a nice revaluation and paying down the mortgage. Regardless of prices I'd sooner not pay the banks a penny more than I have to ;)