House Price Crash Forum

Halifax Sep '17 Predictions

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dissapointing - but it just feels now there is so much stacking up against the market (the BTL tax changes, rapidly declining home ownership amongst the young and the pressure that is putting on political parties, the world's central bankers starting to shift to raising interest rates, the economic risks of Brexit) that all results like today's feel to me just like a postponement of the inevitable. It's a bit frustrating as at my age every month the crash doesn't happen feels like precious wasted time - but buying in today's climate feels like madness.

8 hours ago, Beary McBearface said:

Any chance of you rejoining the discussion here:

I'm beginning to suspect that you are saying nothing in response because you have nothing to say. If that is the case I am struggling to understand your motivation for down-playing the significance of Basel 3.

Thoughts, Mr Banks?

Sorry what has this got to do with this thread? Let's keep threads on topic. You yourself have complained about off topic threads.

Anyway it was a rise of 0.8 and a pick up in house prices so I was broadly right. I said no negative index this year last December and many mocked. 

Halifax index slightly weighted towards northern regions, so a small rise in this one less surprising?

Also, these won't show the effects of the drying up of foreign (Chinese cash) buyers. This would take a while to trickle into the mortgage market via depressed demand.

Stay strong.

8 minutes ago, neon tetra said:

Halifax index slightly weighted towards northern regions, so a small rise in this one less surprising?

Also, these won't show the effects of the drying up of foreign (Chinese cash) buyers. This would take a while to trickle into the mortgage market via depressed demand.

Stay strong.

Month on month we make excuses for why this index will show a down turn.

Until the IRs are raised, the money printing stopped and a massive recession, NO ONE is going to give up their tax  free unearned cash.

20 minutes ago, Mr Banks said:

Sorry what has this got to do with this thread? Let's keep threads on topic. You yourself have complained about off topic threads.

Anyway it was a rise of 0.8 and a pick up in house prices so I was broadly right. I said no negative index this year last December and many mocked. 

It's a good time to bag a bargain on a newish diesel if you are running to end of life and aren't worried about resale and if post 2009 still won't be affected by the T charge in London 

??

2 minutes ago, Greg Bowman said:

It's a good time to bag a bargain on a newish diesel if you are running to end of life and aren't worried about resale and if post 2009 still won't be affected by the T charge in London 

??

I see Mr Banks is in my blocked list.  I wonder why :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Lavalas said:

Think I'll ignore this one and Nationwide and Land Reg and focus (for now) on that other index that someone posted last week which was looking pretty bearish.

:mellow:

Which one was that SMMT or Autotrader?

Sorry couldn't resist it - no more now promise ??

8 minutes ago, Broken biscuit said:

That's the spirit. I presume you're referring to the Rightmove index which is highly respected around here.;)

Forgot about Rightmove - ignore that too (for now). I meant the LSL/Acadata index. That was down last month.

1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

When people are protesting in the streets.

Can't see that happening, many yoof seem to have a bizarre respect for BTL scum. Rather than hate them aspire to become a people farmer themselves.

Corbyn could be in power in a few months, but that could create more problems than it solves.