House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Halifax Sep '17 Predictions

Data out Friday morning.

Forecast is for it to remain flat (can't ever recall such a bearish forecast for the hp indices).

Here's hoping for a big fall to undo last month's large rise.

I've been wondering if this really is that useful any more as a sentiment marker because of the sheer numbers of BoomerOwners just swapping. 

+0.5%

After being flat or falling for 6-7 months they suddenly realised it was on course to go YoY negative very soon and it magically went up nearly 2% in the last two reports. They still need it to keep moving up for the next couple of reports to avoid YoY negative in Dec17.

+0.2% after they have adjusted last months figures down to fake this months figures. Makes me so angry that they do that. Hoping for a negative figure though especially after the Nationwide YoY negative for London.

-15% panic on the streets.........they roll the army out over the weekend to force people out of their homes and to buy. No need to have a credit check you are instantly approved for any size mortgage

Edited by Monkey

+1.7%....the market is soaaaaring to the moon. Mad gainz all round. UK only has two houses left, so buy nowwwww. C'mon daft Brits, that shitbox with no roof tiles and mould in every room, and half a flag for outside space can be yours.....

8 hours ago, Mr Banks said:

I recon between + 0.4-0.6% MOM

Any chance of you rejoining the discussion here:

I'm beginning to suspect that you are saying nothing in response because you have nothing to say. If that is the case I am struggling to understand your motivation for down-playing the significance of Basel 3.

Thoughts, Mr Banks?