House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Smiley George

5 Live Breakfast - VI nonsense still not being challenged

Haven't seen anything about this as yet, but was listening to 5 Live Breakfast this morning when they had a debate on the "Housing Crisis" building council houses etc. Had a couple of people on to impart their wisdom on the listening sheeple, including an EA scum bag to provide some balance.

As soon as EA was brought into the conversation, his first sentence was the age old supply and demand nonsense...blah, blah. He received some weak challenges but the conversation moved on. Then got on to overseas buyers and should they be banned or more tightly controlled, EA was first in and explained how bad an idea it was and how much SDLT would drop and so on.....I turned the radio off at this point after shouting a few expletives in its direction.

Until the MSM properly challenges or holds these idiots to account, we have no chance...where is HPC's main stream voice??

Out of interest I searched on Zoopla for vacant properties up for sale in a 40 mile radius of London that returns 2200+, and looking at no-chain sales is 10000+......lack of supply....my ****!

Consuming the #vileBBC was your first mistake, everything else kind of flowed from there. Cut that cr@p out of your life and you'll never look back 

Edited by thewig

58 minutes ago, thewig said:

Consuming the #vileBBC was your first mistake, everything else kind of flowed from there. Cut that cr@p out of your life and you'll never look back 

Believe me I whole heartedly agree.

My main issue is that until we have a voice in these debates, someone directly challenging the established views, we're always going to be viewed as some lunatic fringe. Until of course the HPC arrives......hopefully!

1 hour ago, Smiley George said:

Believe me I whole heartedly agree.

My main issue is that until we have a voice in these debates, someone directly challenging the established views, we're always going to be viewed as some lunatic fringe. Until of course the HPC arrives......hopefully!

When it arrives I will have predicted 200 of the last two crashes. Please hurry up HPC. 

There is no way the bbc or the mainstream media can or will take any other approach to this. Houseprices are not just an interesting issue to have a polite debate about, but the major class division in Britain, between a class that owns property assets and those that dont( groups that correlate roughly between old and young). For the past twenty years everything, tax policy, planning, monetary policy has been rigged to the advantage of the former class. If any of this wasnt true why would it be taboo to suggest the obvious truth that prices have to fall and homeowners accept less money? The only reason the tories are fearfully discussing  building council houses at conference is those without property assets finally decided to vote in the form of the young and do electoral damage. 

In short the bbc likes polite debates on liberal issues but class conflict is something they are terrified of and would instinctively shy away from any arguments that would open this up. 

1 hour ago, newgi said:

Say what you like about Jonathan Davis but he got the story out there (minute 2.30):

So the BBC were perfectly happy to project reasoned arguments as to why people should prepare for HPC in 2007. 10 years and further 50% rise later they have given up.

I despise the lot of them.....probably all BTL landlords.