House Price Crash Forum
Loui

Theresa May warned she must do more to fix housing crisis

She'd rather extend HTB to help her friends the developers / bankers, by propping up house prices. 

The alternative - falling house prices - is too unpalatable for Conservative party backers.

I am astonished that they can re-present this hopelessly flawed policy.  Help to lie is only ever going to help their builder chums.

The Tories have still not grasped the loathing that is building up in this country for their 'solutions' to the crises they have helped to create.

Theresa May warned she must do more to fix housing crisis ?

... Just let the free market perform its role. The prices started to cool off...and you have just announced HTB Renewal... a SUPER BUBBLE on its way!!!

Also, We should have had at least 3 Rate Rises in 2015 - 2016, as the REAL INFLATION has been over 10% and Housing Bubble grew massively during those 2 years. 

Inyour own time Mrs May... enjoy the life of luxury with your Rich Mates and Party Backers while the rest of us go through EXTORTION on consumer goods and housing and Energy and Transport and ....as REAL unreported Inflation is used as unnofficial Tax on the already struggling masses.

CLEARLY SHE IS CREATING A DIFFICULT SITUATION FOR BORRIS OR JEREMY TO DEAL WITH FEW YEARS DOWN THE LINE...WHILE KEEPING OVER INFLATED ECONOMY BARELY AFLOAT BY USING SERIOUSLY FLAWED CURROPT ECONOMICS.

8 hours ago, Simhadri said:

Tories and affordable housing ? Hahaha.

Their housing policy turned me into lifelong anti-tory voter. Anybody but a tory.

The rot was well under way with Labour.  

Just for  a start they could have put a stop to Right to Buy, but didn't.  I suspect they thought it would lose them votes. 

9 minutes ago, Mrs Bear said:

The rot was well under way with Labour.  

Just for  a start they could have put a stop to Right to Buy, but didn't.  I suspect they thought it would lose them votes. 

True. But we don't get a vote on Blair/Brown anymore.

The current govt were, only two years ago, utterly unsympathetic, as were you, to the housing situation, saying that's just how it is with bomad. And now you're all innocents.

Sorry, it won't wash.

16 hours ago, Simhadri said:

Their housing policy turned me into lifelong anti-tory voter. Anybody but a tory.

Labour had the same affect on me.  At least the tories had the benefit cap and section 24.

Withdraw all banking props, the FLS, HTB and then raise interest rates to at least 3-4% (for a start). 

Then just sit back and enjoy. Nothing further is needed.

15 minutes ago, Jazzman said:

Must do more is not a plan. It is more likely things will unravel and will correct itself.

Or more people will get more fed up and eventually one of these stupid politicians will actually do the right thing 

Could just about accept (while disagreeing with) ultra loose monetarty policy as necessary to keep the whole economy on the road, but when prices began to slip despite even that,  and osborne introduced HTB to keep electorate sweet pre election, well thats when i felt nothing but out and out disgust towards them. 

2 hours ago, Errol said:

Withdraw all banking props, the FLS, HTB and then raise interest rates to at least 3-4% (for a start). 

Then just sit back and enjoy. Nothing further is needed.

yes prices will fall but as a nation we wont be better housed...? We still will have the same housing stock? Are you sure that you will be able to fight your way into better circumstances relative to everyone else.?

31 minutes ago, Jazzman said:

Must do more is not a plan. It is more likely things will unravel and will correct itself.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction"

Alan Watts

30 minutes ago, Wayward said:

yes prices will fall but as a nation we wont be better housed...? We still will have the same housing stock? Are you sure that you will be able to fight your way into better circumstances relative to everyone else.?

I don't mind the house I live in, it would just be nice not to have to spend £150k per decade renting insecurely for the rest of my life. I could probably find something better to do with 2/3rds of a million quid than give it all to some lazy Boomer landlord who can't be arsed to fix the boiler or guttering.

Edited by Dorkins

20 hours ago, Simhadri said:

Errrm didn't Labour oversee the largest rise in house prices in the noughtees? And...didn't the Tories give us an HPC in the early ninetees?

47 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

I don't mind the house I live in, it would just be nice not to have to spend £150k per decade renting insecurely for the rest of my life. I could probably find something better to do with 2/3rds of a million quid than give it all to some lazy Boomer landlord who can't be arsed to fix the boiler or guttering.

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Roman Roady said:

Errrm didn't Labour oversee the largest rise in house prices in the noughtees? And...didn't the Tories give us an HPC in the early ninetees?

Atleast under Jezza Labour are trying to fix the mess whereas Tories continue to Help Help Help ..... inflating asset prices.

1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

Perfect. That's what my thought also. Feeding Fat @$$ boomers like Fungus and Jaundice, I'm better off using that money to pay off my mortgage.

In Southeast, the earlier you buy, the better it seems.

Rental and travel money we never get it back. It fills the pockets of others.

1 hour ago, Simhadri said:

Perfect. That's what my thought also. Feeding Fat @$$ boomers like Fungus and Jaundice, I'm better off using that money to pay off my mortgage.

In Southeast, the earlier you buy, the better it seems.

Rental and travel money we never get it back. It fills the pockets of others.

True if you need to stay in the SE but what do you do if all you can afford is crap? Surely it's not worth taking on stupid levels of debt for a first time buyer flat? If you are getting experience and building good contacts, why not move in a few years out of the area to somewhere where the standard of living is higher? 

Whilst I get some people have roots and it's not that easy to uproot, life is mire than a house.  If someone has a big mortgage around your neck, their employer is probably not too fussed about making sure they get wage increases and benefits to ensure they stay. 

1 hour ago, Simhadri said:

Atleast under Jezza Labour are trying to fix the mess whereas Tories continue to Help Help Help ..... inflating asset prices.

He is saying that there's a big problem, but labour did have help to buy in their manifesto- a bit worrying 

48 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

He is saying that there's a big problem, but labour did have help to buy in their manifesto- a bit worrying 

Yes you get the feeling that Corbyns plans on housing being affordable come down to state aid in some fashion 

This for example 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/21/labour--councils-help-first-time-buyers-mortgages-john-mcdonnell