House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Banner

Sale removed from Land Registry.

A house that I was watching showed up in the LR data as having sold in June. In the latest LR release, the sale has been removed.

Does anyone have any experience of this? I can only guess that something went wrong after completion for the sale to be reversed.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a typo.

It went SSTC on Rightmove, then showed as sold on LR data at a price 2.5% under asking, then just disappeared two months later and now only showing the last sale in 2008. 

Very odd.

7 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a typo.

It went SSTC on Rightmove, then showed as sold on LR data at a price 2.5% under asking, then just disappeared two months later and now only showing the last sale in 2008. 

Very odd.

They found out it was a repo?

10 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

They found out it was a repo?

That, or some sort of charge against it? But you would have thought the purchaser's solicitor would have picked that up before completion.

Isn't it possible for the buyer to ask for the sale details not to be shown on the LR?

If so, perhaps they requested it and the published anyway by mistake and agreed to remove afterwards.

On 04/10/2017 at 3:01 PM, worried1 said:

Isn't it possible for the buyer to ask for the sale details not to be shown on the LR?.

No. The database would be even more of a joke than it already is (too many sales excluded) if people could just say "please don't include my sale". That would be ludicrous :)

23 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

No. The database would be even more of a joke than it already is (too many sales excluded) if people could just say "please don't include my sale". That would be ludicrous :)

Someone told me that they had done that, and sure enough their sale was not listed on there when I had a sneaky look on the LR a few months later! I just wrongly assumed that it was possible.

Do you know why it is that so many sales do not appear on there? I reckon somewhere in the region of 20% of houses that I try to look up aren't there even though they certainly appear to have sold. I have never seen one registered on there and then disappear (yet). 

They exclude auctions, repos, and several other categories - don't know them off the top of my head sorry. I've also known people who sold and their sale was mysteriously missing when I checked on LR later. Unless they were lying to me about selling, and they actually kept it and rented it out :(

Houses can only not be present really for the following reasons https://www.gov.uk/guidance/about-the-price-paid-data#data-excluded-from-the-house-price-index-and-price-paid-data

I suspect it might have sold below market value i.e. to one of these webuyhouses companies or at auction. However land registry published the price by mistake and corrected it following month.

6 minutes ago, Mr Banks said:

Houses can only not be present really for the following reasons https://www.gov.uk/guidance/about-the-price-paid-data#data-excluded-from-the-house-price-index-and-price-paid-data

I suspect it might have sold below market value i.e. to one of these webuyhouses companies or at auction. However land registry published the price by mistake and corrected it following month.

It didn't sell below market value, it sold at 2.5% below an asking price higher than any other sales in the same road.

Edit: Why is it correct to exclude houses sold "below market value"? Surely market value is the price a house achieves in the market? Although we all know the LR figures are "massaged".

37 minutes ago, worried1 said:

Someone told me that they had done that, and sure enough their sale was not listed on there when I had a sneaky look on the LR a few months later! I just wrongly assumed that it was possible.

Do you know why it is that so many sales do not appear on there? I reckon somewhere in the region of 20% of houses that I try to look up aren't there even though they certainly appear to have sold. I have never seen one registered on there and then disappear (yet). 

Im pretty sure you can get the sale taken off LR. We sold our place in London to an overseas buyer using a buying agent in2012  and the sale isn't on the LR. It wasn't sold to a company but direct to the buyer. 

4 minutes ago, Chrippie said:

Im pretty sure you can get the sale taken off LR. We sold our place in London to an overseas buyer using a buying agent in2012  and the sale isn't on the LR. It wasn't sold to a company but direct to the buyer. 

I know of a few sales that have not appeared on the LR. I assumed it was because they sold at a price lower than other houses in the area and the EA and conveyancing solicitor contrived not to submit them for inclusion.

Not in this case - we got a record for the street at the time. 

I assumed it was because he wanted privacy that somehow he got it taken out or not in in the first place