Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

so do i no longer have to pay back my student loan from earnings over 21k but 25k now? or is that just for current students? will this be automatic? 

i dont mind the HTB extension on new builds, i see it as addressing adding more stock, and it also drives the moron 5% buyers into overpriced crap, keeping them away from the quality built houses i actually care about.

its funny how a cap on fees is seen as helping the young out, as nearly 10k a year for education is fair when most of her generation got it for free?
The tories are obviously toast, they needed to crash the housing market at the very least to hope to survive future elections

Edited by jiltedjen

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 minute ago, jiltedjen said:

so do i no longer have to pay back my student loan from earnings over 21k but 25k now? or is that just for current students? will this be automatic? 

i dont mind the HTB extension on new builds, i see it as addressing adding more stock, and it also drives the moron 5% buyers into overpriced crap, keeping them away from the quality built houses i actually care about.

I imagine it's probably the 'plan 2' students. I'm plan 1 (after mortgage style). 

I don't want a new build. I'm not plan 2. Even with both, I wouldn't vote tory :)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

This shows they have no idea at all.They are desperate not to push house prices down because of the older vote.HTB is a disgusting policy.Its trapping young people into some of the worst houses ever built in this country at prices that wont be seen again for decades.Even if the buyers do only lose the 5% deposit its likely they will be trapped and then be unable to take advantage of lower prices down the road.

Making a hated policy like uni fees slightly less hated will deliver zero votes,but cost a lot.Bonkers.The Tories need to remove May within 6 months i expect.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
32 minutes ago, durhamborn said:

This shows they have no idea at all.They are desperate not to push house prices down because of the older vote.HTB is a disgusting policy.Its trapping young people into some of the worst houses ever built in this country at prices that wont be seen again for decades.Even if the buyers do only lose the 5% deposit its likely they will be trapped and then be unable to take advantage of lower prices down the road.

Making a hated policy like uni fees slightly less hated will deliver zero votes,but cost a lot.Bonkers.The Tories need to remove May within 6 months i expect.

May is  absolutely clueless and her party is completely bankrupt of ideas

HTB is just a state subsidy to the building trade and yet another taxpayer funded prop to HPI

The Uni Fees freeze is a bit like someone saying they are going to stop sawing your leg off when they are halfway through the process

I dont even know why the Tories are bothering to hold a Conference if they cant come up with better policies than this sh*t

It is not even going to win them any votes

They must have some desperate Machievellian reason for wanting Corbyn to become PM which I dont understand

Edited by stormymonday_2011

HOLA4421

I voted for the Tories back in June... I can't see myself making that mistake again while HTB is in place, especially if it's extended. On the plus side, I can't see this stopping the collapse in prices. It is too little, too late. I just feel sorry for those who will be sucked into paying even more than an already overinflated asking price.

HOLA4422
1 minute ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

May is  absolutely clueless and her party is completely bankrupt of ideas

HTB is just a state subsidy to the building trade and yet another taxpayer funded prop to HPI

The Uni Fees freeze is a bit like someone saying they are going to stop sawing your leg off when they are halfway through the process

I dont even know why the Tories are bothering to hold a Conference if they cant come up with better policies than this sh*t

They must be desperate for Corbyn to become PM

Yes, this feels like complete desperation. They are so out of touch is unreal.

HOLA4423
46 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

its funny how a cap on fees is seen as helping the young out, as nearly 10k a year for education is fair when most of her generation got it for free?
The tories are obviously toast, they needed to crash the housing market at the very least to hope to survive future elections

Agree with you on the new build buyers. They are fodder.

With respect to your views on 'her'. It was not her or her govt. that introduced tuition fees (nor encouraged a fecundity of f***witts to attend uni, not her or her govt. that initially trebled said fees. 

Let's just all remember who it was and what party that introduced them. 

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
42 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

It's like they want Corbyn to be PM.

On Labour Party conference Jeremy Corbyn says: the result of the general election has forced the Government into "U-turn after U-turn". 

The Tories are "bereft of of ideas" and accuses Theresa May of ripping up her manifesto and stealing Lanour policies.  He says that if the Tories want to take Labour policies they should go further and end austerity, abolish tuition fees and scrap the public sector pay gap.