House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mapatasy

Mortgage warning: Repayments set to LEAP

good for sentiment...i love the way they refer to implications for house price growth, prices only go up you know...except when they fall as they are now..

23 minutes ago, Broken biscuit said:

Capital Economics have been peddling that message since about 2010. Maybe they'll be right one day, but probably not until Carney's gone home.

I dunno - things are very different this time around...

The economy is slowing down, borrowing is slowing down, house prices are coming down... and all this with near zero interest rates.

Carney is well known for being master of the nod and something is up for sure - we've got the autumn budget on 22nd Nov followed on the 28th by the bank stress test results being made public and on 14th Dec the final BOE interest rate decision of the year... I'm going for a notable swing in BOE committee members voting for a rate raise on 2nd Nov followed by a reversal to pre-Brexit rate in December.

23 minutes ago, winkie said:

As far as I am aware lenders can charge what they want for the use of debt....;)

It's ALL about Mortgage Fraud.

Without Mortgage Fraud - i.e. PREDATORY LIAR LOANS ---- NONE of this would have BEEN ABLE TO HAPPEN.

It goes on 24/7 ALL OVER the world.....

http://www.macleans.ca/economy/what-the-home-capital-crisis-reveals-about-the-housing-market/