House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crashmonitor

Beautiful Female Vocalists

Yep that's one for that thread Horribly Aged Icons of our Youth. However, I quite like the fact she has just aged and not done a Dolly Parton or Cher. 

Anyway appreciate your support on this. Knew the song, never saw the girl back then.  Clearly I missed out.

7 hours ago, Rave said:

I'll let you have Ms Cracknell, but only because the thread requests vocalists rather than singers.:P

Having said that, I've always found the simple 'girl next door' innocence of her vocal style quite appealing.

My personal favourite is Avenue.

Anything by Laura Nyro.  I'm not going to post a link here, but in my opinion probably the best Female Vocalist of all time.  Check out "Eli's Comin'", "Timer", "Lou", "New York Tendaberry", "Gibsom Street".  Not just a stellar vocalist, but an amazing Songwriter/Composer.  More sought after than Dylan in the early 60's.

Just my tuppence.

3 hours ago, mspL4 said:

Anything by Laura Nyro.  I'm not going to post a link here, but in my opinion probably the best Female Vocalist of all time.  Check out "Eli's Comin'", "Timer", "Lou", "New York Tendaberry", "Gibsom Street".  Not just a stellar vocalist, but an amazing Songwriter/Composer.  More sought after than Dylan in the early 60's.

Just my tuppence.

Well if we are doing vocals (as opposed to looks) I would go for Judith Durham., whatever might be thought of her folky tracks for children. But yeah, Bush and Nyro had range and could belt it out and maintain sweetness without recourse to the ear plugs.

52 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Well if we are doing vocals (as opposed to looks) I would go for Judith Durham., whatever might be thought of her folky tracks for children. But yeah, Bush and Nyro had range and could belt it out and maintain sweetness without recourse to the ear plugs.

I always thought Judith Durham to be pretty good looking - OK, not in the supermodel league, but someone you'd be proud to call your girlfriend. A bit Dana like. Obviously, she's all granny-like now, but I'll forgive her that.

maxresdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, Broken biscuit said:

I always thought Judith Durham to be pretty good looking - OK, not in the supermodel league, but someone you'd be proud to call your girlfriend. A bit Dana like. Obviously, she's all granny-like now, but I'll forgive her that.

maxresdefault.jpg

I thought she was a cracker with her moon face and plump limbs on the old record covers and then she returned half the size on the reunion tour of the UK in the late nineties.  She was a beauty in the sixties, a bit before my time.

+1 for Gibsom Street, which is an amazing song. Also worth checking out is Melanie's "Ruby Tuesday", Francoise Hardy's "All Over The World", and for the pervs, Alizee's "J'ai En Marre."