House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Jonathan Davis : Interest Rate rise

The old timers will remember Mr Davis.

She spoke out in the media out the house prices/interest rates etc

Last time he was posting here ( Killer Bunny ) he was saying no chance rates would be going up any time soon.

He gave up on here a while back but is on twitter.

When asked about UK interest rates:

Replying to @HousePriceMania

Yes said a lot about them on twitter and on @boomsbustsshow Going up.

I tend to think I personally talk a load of s**te, but Jonathan, I'd believe.

Give him a like or follow on twitter if you dont know who he is.

If you're reading....thanks for the reply.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Incidentally, betfair exchange is currently running at odds-on that the next MPC decision will be a rate rise. 

Not that that signals much of course, but last time I looked it was 1.03 for no change. Brexit was around 1.10 though so take it all with a pinch of salt. 

2 minutes ago, dkujsbap said:

Incidentally, betfair exchange is currently running at odds-on that the next MPC decision will be a rate rise. 

Not that that signals much of course, but last time I looked it was 1.03 for no change. Brexit was around 1.10 though so take it all with a pinch of salt. 

I was expecting before Christmas but looking at all the B.S. flying around it's hard to tell.

It'll either be after the next US rise or the one after but they will have no choice but to follow.

I've been wrong before tho.

Once.

I dont think there will be a rise before christmas, the ecconomy needs the feel good factor to continue through to the new year for consumer spending. 

Next Autumn budget will pull forward something to appear to give the masses something to spend (probably a income tax threshold rise)

Then before April 1st a "Surprise" rate rise due to [insert country, probably America] making it harder for UK plc and needing a rise

Edited by Monkey

4 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I dont think there will be a rise before christmas, the ecconomy needs the feel good factor to continue through to the new year for consumer spending. 

Next Autumn budget will pull forward something to appear to give the masses something to spend (probably a income tax threshold rise)

Then before April 1st a "Surprise" rate rise due to [insert country, probably America] making it harder for UK plc and needing a rise

Personal Debt going up by 10% per year, wages in real terms going down 0.04%

Population spending 17.5 billion more than they earn each year.. 

this is as good as it gets.. 

17 minutes ago, Monkey said:

And when  the hungry take to the streets ?

11 minutes ago, macca13 said:

Personal Debt going up by 10% per year, wages in real terms going down 0.04%

Population spending 17.5 billion more than they earn each year.. 

this is as good as it gets.. 

Debt is spending brought forward.

When people max out their debt, it leave a hole.

Unless more people fill that hole, we have a recession.

The higher the hole...the worse it'll be.

How big is this hole compared to other ones ?

27 minutes ago, Freezer? Best place for it said:

It all right, it's got to be the fault of Brexit.

Exactly.

They can blame brexit

Collapse everything.

You all buy a house then we all vote to stay in the EU in the 2nd (final) referendum then you can visit me and have a go in my pool any time you like.  No visa required.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

4 hours ago, Monkey said:

Isn't that already on the books ?

9 hours ago, dkujsbap said:

Back to the good old days of half a percent?

Maybe

On 21/09/2017 at 3:40 PM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The higher the hole...the worse it'll be.

How big is this hole compared to other ones ?

That's OK we'll dig our way up!

Edited by sPinwheel