House Price Crash Forum

This guy has no measureable amount of spin. Judging by the comments on social media, the disliking of him is growing.

Dropping rates and introducing stimulus via TFS so to ramp up cost inflation through the drop in sterling is starting to become so obvious to all and sundry. As a NON Brexiter he basically propped up his own opinion so not to look a fool. He now looks a bigger fool...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/09/18/mark-carney-doubles-likely-interest-rate-rise-face-inflationary/

What does double down mean?

AND.

reculer pour mieux sauter

To draw back in order to make a better jump so to make a strategic withdrawal

How should us poorly educated people gauge this outburst?

Edited by Panda

3 minutes ago, Panda said:

This guy has no measureable amount of spin. Judging by the comments on social media, the disliking of him is growing.

Dropping rates and introducing stimulus via TFS so to ramp up cost inflation through the drop in sterling is starting to become so obvious to all and sundry. As a Brexiter he basically propped up his own opinion so not to look a fool. He now looks a bigger fool...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/09/18/mark-carney-doubles-likely-interest-rate-rise-face-inflationary/

What does double down mean?

AND.

reculer pour mieux sauter

To draw back in order to make a better jump so to make a strategic withdrawal

How should us poorly educated people gauge this outburst?

In my book, this evil man's credibility is 0. ( all just MHO of couse, he's probably a thoroughly nice chap ).

DKK0oKOXcAAeuK2.jpg

I think interest rates will rise. 

As well as the problems with the current economy, further news about Brexit negotiations going badly will tempt a run on the pound and rates will have to rise to prop up the currency.

The perfect storm will eclipse even Carney's reticence to raise rates. 

Like the Fed we will be tightening into a recession - the deflationary crunch is coming......

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

In my book, this evil man's credibility is 0. ( all just MHO of couse, he's probably a thoroughly nice chap ).

DKK0oKOXcAAeuK2.jpg

Being a nice chap is fine; I am sure he is a lovely guy.

But he is influencing all our lives, and he's going home soon. We are living here for good long after he has gone home.

Its like having a Temporary Canadian born British Prime Minister, pure comedy.

Edited by Panda

5 minutes ago, Panda said:

Being a nice chap is fine; I am sure he is a lovely guy.

But he is UNELECTED, RELATED TO THE BRITISH ARISTOCRACY ( by marriage )  AND IS influencing all our lives, and he's going home soon. We are living here for good long after he has gone home.

Its like having a temporary Canadian Prime Minister, poor comedy.

I've helped your argument along a bit there but you were spot on.

Some how the loons who have been feasting on his insane bubble dont see any down side.

God help us.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

It was obvious that he was a wrong'un when the Shadow Chancellor (Balls) complimented his friend the Chancellor (Osborne) on his choice of BoE governor. 

It's because he (Carney) is ex-Vampire Squid. Nobody challenges the Squid.

Edited by Errol

58 minutes ago, Panda said:

Dropping rates and introducing stimulus via TFS so to ramp up cost inflation through the drop in sterling is starting to become so obvious to all and sundry. As a Brexiter he basically propped up his own opinion so not to look a fool. He now looks a bigger fool...

I don' t think he was a Brexit supporter.  Certainly not in public.

The interest rate drop after the referendum certainly looks hasty now.

Recently the pound has been strengthening versus the USD and Euro.  This should limit inflation on its own if it continues.  In fact we should be seeing deflation by now but not holding my breath.

On the other hand I think a low pound is socially beneficial.  We really need to get some proper jobs back in this country.

13 minutes ago, kzb said:

I don' t think he was a Brexit supporter.  Certainly not in public.

The interest rate drop after the referendum certainly looks hasty now.

Recently the pound has been strengthening versus the USD and Euro.  This should limit inflation on its own if it continues.  In fact we should be seeing deflation by now but not holding my breath.

On the other hand I think a low pound is socially beneficial.  We really need to get some proper jobs back in this country.

Corrected for you, my mistake, in haste.

He was a NON BREXITER IN PUBLIC. Don't know in private.

There was no reason at all to drop rates in the August post referendum; and to introduce further stimulus just made things worse.

It must be his legacy, that's what we hired him for surely. I mean anyone of us on here could have done what he has done. Actually we would have made a better job of it. We would not have done what he has done. He has made a bigger mess of an already huge f**kin ginormous mess.

You could not make it up. Just imagine George Osborne appointed to run the FED in the US.

Edited by Panda

58 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

DKK6auWWsAENe7Y.jpg

Carney reminds me of captain kirk guiding the good ship economise into a black hole at warp speed. 

in the vice of scotty  "I'm givin' her all she's got, captain , she carney take anymore"

9 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Unless you need to buy imported food

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

There's been surprisingly little inflation in food if you shop around.

Milk related products have gone up but that is as much to do with EU quotas as anything.

Anyhow, I do not claim to know what is the optimum value of the pound. 

What I do know is jobs were being exported but at the same time we were sucking in loads of EU migrants.  Signs that it was overvalued.

On balance I would increase rates to see how it goes.

Certainly we might need  a rate cut when we actually Brexit, but as things stand we've almost nothing left to cut.  So I'd say put it up now simply for this reason.

12 minutes ago, kzb said:

There's been surprisingly little inflation in food if you shop around.

Milk related products have gone up but that is as much to do with EU quotas as anything.

Anyhow, I do not claim to know what is the optimum value of the pound. 

What I do know is jobs were being exported but at the same time we were sucking in loads of EU migrants.  Signs that it was overvalued.

And if you were previously on the bread line and were already shopping around, what then ?

On balance I would increase rates to see how it goes.

Certainly we might need  a rate cut when we actually Brexit, but as things stand we've almost nothing left to cut.  So I'd say put it up now simply for this reason.

I've always been of the opinion we'll raise rates when the US tells us to...like all the other times.

The end game is here.

Who know'z what their plan is, maybe then don't know themselves.

There are a lot of rich people hoovering up anything of any worth, anyone can see that.

Are they the fools or are we the fools for sitting back watching them.

I'm 80/20 on this and i'm not saying which way :lol: 

Carney raise interest rates?........he doesn't need to raise interest rates, all he has to do is say he will raise interest rates and the markets jump.....words speak louder than actions.;)

2 minutes ago, winkie said:

Carney raise interest rates?........he doesn't need to raise interest rates, all he has to do is say he will raise interest rates and the markets jump.....words speak louder than actions.;)

Actually all he has not to do is deny he'll raise interest rates.

31 minutes ago, winkie said:

Brilliant...Now immortalised on twitter.

DKLUcI3XoAA0-ls.jpg

59 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

And if you were previously on the bread line and were already shopping around, what then ?

If you were already shopping around, and you still are, you have not seen much inflation, that is my point.   Certainly not 15-20% or whatever the pound went down by.

If you stick to one supermarket for your whole shop, then you will have seen inflation.

If you were already shopping around, and you still are, you have not seen much inflation, that is my point.   Certainly not 15-20% or whatever the pound went down by.

If you stick to one supermarket for your whole shop, then you will have seen inflation.

The point of a supermarket is that it's simple and convenient - you can go in, buy your stuff, and leave. I do know people who shop around for the best value at five different supermarkets but none of them have jobs, therefore time on their hands. 

if a bit of food shopping is a worry to someone , they are flucked already.  pennies in the big scheme of things. 

i would be more worried about carneys successor, the perfect opportunity for more qe under a new guise.   MSM seems to be making carney a scape goat i wonder why. 

I don't believe in a debt based economy. I am against interest rates completely. If banks could not charge interest, then they wouldn't have reckless lending. I think equity should replace interest.