House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mapatasy

First-time buyer house prices drop by 10.2% in August

http://www.financialreporter.co.uk/finance-news/first-time-buyer-prices-fall-10-in-august-haart.html

The average purchase price for first-time buyers fell by 10.2% on the month in August, and by 1.3% annually, according to new Haart data.

Its research shows that the number of first-time buyers entering the market has fallen by 2.2% on the month, and by 22.3% on the year.

Across the market, house prices across England and Wales in August dropped by 4.1% on the month, but are up 0.8% on the year.

2 minutes ago, Mapatasy said:

http://www.financialreporter.co.uk/finance-news/first-time-buyer-prices-fall-10-in-august-haart.html

The average purchase price for first-time buyers fell by 10.2% on the month in August, and by 1.3% annually, according to new Haart data.

Its research shows that the number of first-time buyers entering the market has fallen by 2.2% on the month, and by 22.3% on the year.

Across the market, house prices across England and Wales in August dropped by 4.1% on the month, but are up 0.8% on the year.

Haart Ceo: "I sincerely believe we have reached the bottom of the market. Prices are still rising, but at a slower pace than inflation, and now that unemployment has reached a record low it’s only a matter of time before interest rates climb back up again. The savvy buyer will act now before prices begin to rise at a faster pace."

Jesus christ - its desparation, denial, drugs or something!!

2 minutes ago, Mapatasy said:

Thats UK demographics for you.

Get used to it.

5 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

Haart Ceo: "I sincerely believe we have reached the bottom of the market."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

1 minute ago, Mapatasy said:

I feel sorry for all the BTLLs who may experience some hard times ahead.

We should make one of those daytime TV adverts, "Just £2 per month can make a difference and help a down at heel BTL landlord find somewhere to live"

19 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

"it’s only a matter of time before interest rates climb back up again. The savvy buyer will act now before prices begin to rise at a faster pace."

That's some higher-order logic for you right there.

12 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

Haart Ceo: "I sincerely believe we have reached the bottom of the market. Prices are still rising, but at a slower pace than inflation, and now that unemployment has reached a record low it’s only a matter of time before interest rates climb back up again. The savvy buyer will act now before prices begin to rise at a faster pace."

Where do you start with his comments."Summer slowdown" :lol:.I wonder how many cycles this CEO has experienced?

1 minute ago, durhamborn said:

Where do you start with his comments."Summer slowdown" :lol:.I wonder how many cycles this CEO has experienced?

Certain members of 'the industry' are clearly in some weird state of mental paralysis... "but, but... prices only ever go up"! ;)

41 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

There are not enough lol emoticons to post in reply to this.

... savvy FTBs snapping up a 'bargain' eh???

Remember kids, asking prices (which keep on going up) are not prices paid (dropping).

Bring it on baby.

12 minutes ago, Freezer? Best place for it said:

I sincerely believe that EA's lie in their sleep -- even they can't believe this shyte.  

It's not lying if they sincerely believe it :D

Haart have only got six properties at less than £100k (and 128 at less than £200k) within 50 miles of the nearest city to where I live:

https://www.haart.co.uk/search/?Location=Winchester%2C United Kingdom&Latitude=51.059771&Longitude=-1.3101420000000417&SearchDistance=50&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&MinimumBeds=&Stc=True&Tenure=2&Tenure=1&MinEfficiency=&CreatedWithinDays=&IsPurchase=True&SortBy=price|asc&Page=1

In total they 753 properties in the region.

He added: “Housing has been a bottom of the pile priority for government ministers for too many months whilst the ins and outs of Brexit are debated.

“Now, in the midst of a housing crisis, is hardly the time to take a step back on housing policy. We need to see real reform to make real change on the ground now.”

If the government doesn't step in we are all fudged.

Do we think he is asking for more policies like s24 or policies like HTB?

Edited by Sawitcoming

56 minutes ago, kibuc said:

That's some higher-order logic for you right there.

"Lock in the high price now and benefit from rising interest rates during the lifetime of your mortgage!"   :lol:

18 minutes ago, nome said:

This could go in numerous different topics, but I'll just leave it here for now...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/buytolet/article-4895072/Buy-let-Britain-tumbles-European-ranks.html

I do like to read the comments in these articles to amuse myself.

I particularly like:

"as Icarus found out fly too higher on weak fundamentals...means big fall"

I might use that one myself.

I do like the Icarus story and it is a staple of my presentations at work as a cautionary tale.

I always imagine him proclaiming "it's different this time!" as he soars to the sky.

It's never different. 

Not that anyone ever listens, but I am resigned to my role as Cassandra as my lot in life.

Edited by Lambie

1 minute ago, Lambie said:

I do like the Icarus story and it is a staple of my presentations at work as a cautionary tale.

I always imagine him proclaiming "it's different this time!" as he soars to the sky.

It's never different. 

""Northern Wastelands"

Like it. Funny man.

1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

""Northern Wastelands"

Like it. Funny man.

It's a term of endearment. Most of the time.

You couldn't pay me any money to live in London.

1 hour ago, Trump Invective said:

Sincerity and estate agents, for god sake. Claiming that virginity after having 10 children 

Bottom of what ?!?!