House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toast

Tube bombing and imminent threat fail to raise comment

Did I miss the thread discussing it, or did the bomb attack at Parsons Green on Friday pass without raising a single comment on the HPC forum?

Mods get a bit tetchy as it may turn into an anti Islamic bean fest......

They have therefore banned such subjects.

I was at least expecting a note on "Current affairs", since it's hard to argue that it's not a current affair, given how many people and how much of London's economy relies on the underground.

8 minutes ago, geezer466 said:

Mods get a bit tetchy as it may turn into an anti Islamic bean fest......

They have therefore banned such subjects.

Fortunately, this is a thread covering the calmness of HPC in the wake of a serious security incident, so I assume it should be far enough removed to avoid censorship.

Such is the state of free speech in this Country. Notwithstanding the lack of information coming out of Scotland Yard and the Government.

There is clearly something they don't want us to know about this person (18year old arrested) and the back channels seem to suggest he is either one of the Calais children allowed in when they demolished the jungle or entered direct from Syria.

Either way there would have been a full vetting procedure which seems to have failed.

Trump was alluding to all this in his tweet the day of the incident.

I'm interested to see how old the 18 year old foster child really is.  The world of 'child' refugees definitely needs some light shining on it.

Regarding terror attacks in general, I am still wondering what level of terror attack is required before British people and politicians want to confront the terrorists, rather than almost apologising to then.

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Fortunately, this is a thread covering the calmness of HPC in the wake of a serious security incident, so I assume it should be far enough removed to avoid censorship.

Well let's try and keep it civil without descending into the usual racism stuff and see how long we last.

3 minutes ago, geezer466 said:

Well let's try and keep it civil without descending into the usual racism stuff and see how long we last.

Since when as Islam been a race

Just now, nnails said:

Since when as Islam been a race

And this is where it all goes wrong you see. Clearly, it is not it is a faith but one followed in the vast majority of people from the East. Therefore the link to be made is an easy one.

I guess I am more interested in the potential response (and previous procedural failings) of the authorities, and also in whether the recent incident alters your attitude to visiting or working in London.

For example: are we likely to see more security measures put in place at tube stations? If (and it's a big if), this was carried out by a recent immigrant, are immigration procedures being followed? Also: was Donald Trump talking nonsense, or was he revealing British intelligence secrets? Will there be an impact on tourism or foreign investment into the big smoke?

In essence, it seems to me that there is a lot to discuss (and that should be discussed) which is separate and distinct from general fears over immigration and religion and their effects on British society.

57 minutes ago, Toast said:

In essence, it seems to me that there is a lot to discuss (and that should be discussed) which is separate and distinct from general fears over immigration and religion and their effects on British society.

The government know this which is why they are not releasing information and trying to close down the debate.

PMTM  was the Minister in charge of the Home Office when these kids were welcomed in. This is not going to go well for her.

Trouble is 95% of the terrorist attacks in the UK in the last few years have been committed by the same demographic with the same crazy ideas. I don't see how discussion can be separated from immigration and religion

As for London and British society, Sadiq Khan and the Commissioner of the Met police were out and about yesterday saying business as usual, Londoners won't be cowed ect, knowing full well they don't have to use the tube on a regular basis.

pip pip.

It was a burning bucket.

MSM was all over it. Rayworth was on the spot. Forensics had it taped off and were calmly taking notes on clipboards as the drones captured the first aerial shots. The area was crawling in armed response teams.

I'm just not sure what we could have added.

Personally I thought the Equifax hack was a much bigger deal. My thread barely registered. And what is being done in response? Have the MSM reported it here on "the six"? Have forensics taped off Equifax UK offices? Are armed response teams securing Equifax and closing in on the hackers?

If you are looking for a story that needs a bit of rabble-rousing, I'd suggest that would make a better subject.

10 hours ago, Sledgehead said:

It was a burning bucket.

MSM was all over it. Rayworth was on the spot. Forensics had it taped off and were calmly taking notes on clipboards as the drones captured the first aerial shots. The area was crawling in armed response teams.

I'm just not sure what we could have added.

Personally I thought the Equifax hack was a much bigger deal. My thread barely registered. And what is being done in response? Have the MSM reported it here on "the six"? Have forensics taped off Equifax UK offices? Are armed response teams securing Equifax and closing in on the hackers?

If you are looking for a story that needs a bit of rabble-rousing, I'd suggest that would make a better subject.

Burning bucket maybe but the authorities have confirmed it was a viable device as have ammunition tech officers who post on the Army Rumour Service.

The suspicion is the mix was not quite right so the mixture never burnt as fast as it should have done. If it had we would have been looking at a 7/7 casualty event.

Most people don't understand LIBOR, insider trading and other white-collar crime and or other shenanigans that go on in high finance. We have a better understanding as we populate these boards.

Yes much more emphasis should have been placed on the story and the FSA, City of London fraud plod ect should have been all over it like a rash. But then potential offences cross borders so action may yet happen.

Personally a blight on all their houses. I would ban such firms like Equifax and Experian as having no intrinsic value for the consumer. WTF do we need them?

There should clearly be a complete ban on any further refugees. This could be implemented immediately.

Any refugees that are here now, should be double checked, visited by intelligence services, fingerprinted/scanned etc etc. Any who are 'missing' should be put on national watch/arrest lists.

General immigration should also be suspended. Only let in those who have been 100% vetted and approved (and who have money/a job/good health).

The Government needs to seriously start treating this like a war - because that's what it is. Like it or not.

Why does everyone still think the Government is oblivious to what's going on? :huh:

Borders are not a complicated concept to grasp, and civilisations passed treated them as the life or death measure that they actually are. 

Any country that treats its borders with this level of cavalier disregard is doomed.

It's the time-scale that's changed, that's all.  Slow death

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

17 minutes ago, Errol said:

There should clearly be a complete ban on any further refugees. This could be implemented immediately.

Any refugees that are here now, should be double checked, visited by intelligence services, fingerprinted/scanned etc etc. Any who are 'missing' should be put on national watch/arrest lists.

General immigration should also be suspended. Only let in those who have been 100% vetted and approved (and who have money/a job/good health).

The Government needs to seriously start treating this like a war - because that's what it is. Like it or not.

Didn't Trump try this from certain Middle East Countries? Then the snowflakes whine on why KSA is not on the list when most of the 9/11 perps were from there.

KSA openly shares intel/data with the USA on those travelling whilst those on the list did/would not. Iraq, Yemen ect

A complete ban is impossible as potential terrorists human rights are more important than the UK citizens they are trying to kill.

1 hour ago, Errol said:

There was an meme doing the rounds on a couple of 'child' refugees attending school in Sweden, who claimed to be 17/18. Software that estimates ages put them in their late 20s to early 30s. The legitimate refugee system is clearly being played and exploited.

Just about all of these refugees should be safe haven in or near their countries of origin IMO, even if it requires significant expense and no fly zones etc. I read that under current definitions there are literally hundreds of millions of potential refugees in the world, with tens of millions being born every year - vastly more than can be accommodated or paid for by western Europe without rendering it bankrupt and no longer European.

Not just tube bucketing and hacking of course. We also have a "I'm bored by nuclear war" thread, not to mention a human rights thread that met with blanket indifference.

The way I see it, if you aren't worried about nuclear war, why worry about this? I neither live nor travel to the large metropolitan centres. They are all chock-full of alt-lib, open-border,  remainers anyhow. If they wanna be blown up, I say live and let live (or die). I'm sure they don't want me telling them what's good for 'em.

Wot?

:D

(Many a true word, tho)

Most of the attacks in recent years turned out to be from people born in this country but radicalised.

When all those Columbine-like school attacks were taking place in the States, no one was suggesting a crackdown on white school age males.

As for wondering why Londoners aren't so het up about this - more people killed in the last week by pollution or traffic accidents. Which is not to say that we shouldn't keep up security, just let's not act like snowflakes when an incident occurs.

8 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

Most of the attacks in recent years turned out to be from people born in this country but radicalised.

When all those Columbine-like school attacks were taking place in the States, no one was suggesting a crackdown on white school age males.

As for wondering why Londoners aren't so het up about this - more people killed in the last week by pollution or traffic accidents. Which is not to say that we shouldn't keep up security, just let's not act like snowflakes when an incident occurs.

What's a crackdown? And how exactly does a snowflake act? Are accidents and deliberate killings the same? Should we compare the two? Why not just treat people being deliberately run down by a van as an RTA? 

Just now, frozen_out said:

What's a crackdown? And how exactly does a snowflake act? Are accidents and deliberate killings the same? Should we compare the two? Why not just treat people being deliberately run down in a van as an RTA? 

No one is suggesting treating it as the same category. Just that people get on with their lives knowing they are more likely to be in a RTA than an attack.

Do you suppose people have stopped going for a bite and drink in Borough market? People just get on with life.