House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davep24

Probably The Worst Reason For Falling House Prices

Had I known you were going to post this I wouldn't have spent real money on the paper. It reads like an eight year old's key stage 2 housing essay.

Its dull, contadictory, misguided and wrong. I will never buy that paper again.

Got very exited by title though :(

This situation was actually forecast by the CML some months ago: sellers put their properties on the market BEFORE the HIPs introduction to avoid the upfront cost. Buyers however have a vested interest in waiting until AFTER the HIPs introduction as they get more information for free. The net impact CML feared was excess supply coupled with weak demand (i.e. a lot of downward pressure on prices).

The Government estimates HIPs will cost between £600 to produce

[...]

"I think anyone thinking of selling in the next couple of years is taking the plunge now to avoid the expense of HIPs. "

What a complete crock of ****, everyone knows house prices only ever go up so they're worried about saving £300 per annum ?!? A boom drives prices down? Hrm.

We're facing the end game, we always wondered what would happen when YoY went negative... is this the best they can come up with?

Edited by BuyingBear

I was just about to start a thread with this same topic.

I too was stunned by the "quality" of the article. I simply do not understand how the threat of having to shell out a mere £600 is making people panic-sell. The article also quotes local EAs as stating that sales are well up. I live in Preston and I have seen NO noticable increase in the number of sale boards up. Is this just a pathetic attempt to drum up more business, lead the sheeple into selling sooner rather than later? Or is it a geniune article?

Ladies and Gentlemen, your thoughts please.....

(In any case, I enjoyed the headline!!!) :D

Guest Bart of Darkness
A boom drives prices down?

This has surely got to be in the running for daftest VI spin ever.

Can it even be a boom if prices are falling?

I was just about to start a thread with this same topic.

I too was stunned by the "quality" of the article. I simply do not understand how the threat of having to shell out a mere £600 is making people panic-sell. The article also quotes local EAs as stating that sales are well up. I live in Preston and I have seen NO noticable increase in the number of sale boards up. Is this just a pathetic attempt to drum up more business, lead the sheeple into selling sooner rather than later? Or is it a geniune article?

Ladies and Gentlemen, your thoughts please.....

(In any case, I enjoyed the headline!!!) :D

We are going to see more complete rubbish printed as this crash progresses. The VI's are going to look for every reason to explain why the prices have fallen, and why NOW is a good time to buy.

It will take a few years of hearing this tosh before Joe Public decides that housing is a bad investment.

I dont know, a quarter percent rate drop/rise made noticeable differences.

People are thick enough, the really amusing bit is, its no different now or after.

If they sell to avoid hips so did the house they buy.

If they wait till after then so did the house they buy.

WAIT TILL IR's RISE!!!

Then we will see the final straight!! This VI spin is nothing. They will then say "Get on the property ladder now!! Before its too late and you cant afford one".

Unfortunately, the knobheads of this country will fall for it! But time will tell.

Everyone should take time out for about an hour and read what the papers said from 1989 to about 1993

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/FAQ-1989-...papers-said.php

Some of these are corkers - the point being that IT DID NOT WORK!!!!

Edited by teddyboy

The Times

FRI 04 MAY 1990

The end of house price inflation

HOUSE price inflation has finally ended nationally, nearly two years after the market peaked, with the latest figures from the Halifax Building Society yesterday showing that the annual rate at the end of April was minus 0.2 per cent. It is the firs...

I particularly thought this article was relevant to today. Looks like this cycle is not the only one where all the figures are a bit out of date.