House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sugarlips

Independent sources of news and info in the "fake news" era

As per title, without having to get too left/right wing i thought it worthwhile having a collected reference point for anyone who likes to think outside of the FB/Murdoch/mainstream and use other news sites et al 

Aside from rt.com, global resources I enjoy regularly outside of HPC include:

thecorrespondent.com

greaterfool.ca

macrobusiness.com.au

What are yours?

The news pages on RT.com don't much for me but the shows page is where gems can be found. Renegade Inc being the most thoughtful relevant to HPC folks I would guess.

Although not news as such, there's a new magazine channel on sky and now TV called Viceland which might be worth a look.

I'm happy to use any news source so long as I know what its bias is. The danger comes from thinking any news source isn't bias:

On 15/09/2017 at 6:12 PM, nightowl said:

The news pages on RT.com don't much for me but the shows page is where gems can be found. Renegade Inc being the most thoughtful relevant to HPC folks I would guess.

Although not news as such, there's a new magazine channel on sky and now TV called Viceland which might be worth a look.

I really like Crosstalk as well (RT's flagship discussion show). They discuss issues and themes that simply wouldn't get a look in on Western TV.

And the Keiser report.

Times of India is quite good. English language and seems to take a reasonably balanced view of British affairs from the point of view of a distant relation. Has very little time for radical Islam and tends to give an alternate vie on such matters than you get with the BBC, but doesn't have quite the frothing anti-Muslim views of sites like Breitbart.