House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Si1

Lower tolerance for a-holes as I get older

I walked into a Gregg's by my bus stop in town at rush hour for a quick wake up coffee on way to work.

The guy behind me said 'you barged into me'. I apologised and said it was accidental and offered him my place in the queue. He said 'i don't want your place, you physically barged me'. I gave it thirty seconds and emphasised that I had been undecided to go in for a coffee and that's how I may have done so, it was genuinely an accident, and could we clear the air. He said he wasn't interested in clearing the air as I had physically barged him.

At this point I saw red at his passive aggressive accusations and screamed at him 'oh fook off, j3sus chr1st' (obviously drawing everyone's gazes) and stormed out of the shop.

Do you get less apologetic and less tolerant as you get older?

3 hours ago, Si1 said:

I walked into a Gregg's by my bus stop in town at rush hour for a quick wake up coffee on way to work.

The guy behind me said 'you barged into me'. I apologised and said it was accidental and offered him my place in the queue. He said 'i don't want your place, you physically barged me'. I gave it thirty seconds and emphasised that I had been undecided to go in for a coffee and that's how I may have done so, it was genuinely an accident, and could we clear the air. He said he wasn't interested in clearing the air as I had physically barged him.

At this point I saw red at his passive aggressive accusations and screamed at him 'oh fook off, j3sus chr1st' (obviously drawing everyone's gazes) and stormed out of the shop.

I'm a bit like you I don't mind being barged, I don't mind doing emergency stops if a car doesn't see me and makes an error. But to be honest I can blow a fuse if others aren't so forgiving because they are such precious €%$$ s .

4 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

I'm a bit like you I don't mind being barged, I don't mind doing emergency stops if a car doesn't see me and makes an error. But to be honest I can blow a fuse if others aren't so forgiving because they are such precious €%$$ s .

I was just upset he wouldn't accept a candid apology and acted like I'd assaulted him or something. Utter passive aggressive nob.

7 hours ago, Si1 said:

I was just upset he wouldn't accept a candid apology and acted like I'd assaulted him or something. Utter passive aggressive nob.

I think you should have folded your arms,told him that you are playing bumper cars like we used to do at infants school and REALLY barged into him!

not your fault if he can't get into the spirit of the game is it?

26 minutes ago, oracle said:

I think you should have folded your arms,told him that you are playing bumper cars like we used to do at infants school and REALLY barged into him!

not your fault if he can't get into the spirit of the game is it?

Merely screaming at him to fook off may have saved me getting arrested. He accused me of assaulting him when I clearly didn't. You're putting ideas in my head. He really deserved a smack.

14 minutes ago, Andy T said:

Bizarre. Not very British behaviour! How old was this fool?

My guess was late 40s pastey overweight but not as bad as some, back office worker.

I took a bus the other day (as there were work drinks later) and en route there were some annoying older teenagers on the back of the bus. Basically spent the journey being annoying, mobile ring tones playing grime music and chatting loudly on phones.  I was ok putting up with that, but then one of them opened a bottle of something and managed to splash a load of it over me (turned out to be water). Given all the acid attacks etc, I turned around and gave the kid 2 barrels ( you f*** stupid twa**** .....)  and which point I ended up feeling a bit guilty as he practically shat his pants and looked like he was going cry.

On the rare occasions I have a perplexing encounter like that I tend to put it down to the other party being mentally deranged in some way. I honestly think it's the most likely explanation.

On 14/09/2017 at 11:01 AM, Si1 said:

It is difficult because at least in the town this sort of behaviour is normal! Want to speak to your friend on the other side of the street- just shout at him! Don't hold back! Want to smoke drugs in the street- that's fine! Bring your massive dog on the train (not a guide) also fine! Saw a guy going to the loo in broad daylight in the public street.

I expect confrontation would result in these people would result in them assaulting you. At least in the private space of the shopping centre these lot don't get let in! ( left to roam about elsewhere).

11 hours ago, juvenal said:

None of this would happen in Waitrose.

I still feel miserable having been giving  third degree by the Waitrose shop assistant after asking  for a paper cup for free coffee after I have just bought a reduced biscuit for 10p. They're nice so long as you are spending Wonga...first class passengers only, steerage can sod off.

I reckon they should have a doorman on like the Savoy, then crashmonitor wouldn't embarrass himself; they wouldn't let me in with my hoodie, baseball cap and denim shorts.

On 16/09/2017 at 9:46 AM, crashmonitor said:

I still feel miserable having been giving  third degree by the Waitrose shop assistant after asking  for a paper cup for free coffee after I have just bought a reduced biscuit for 10p. They're nice so long as you are spending Wonga...first class passengers only, steerage can sod off.

I reckon they should have a doorman on like the Savoy, then crashmonitor wouldn't embarrass himself; they wouldn't let me in with my hoodie, baseball cap and denim shorts.

Someone on MN recently said that she feels she can't go into Waitrose unless she's dressed a certain way.  IIRC she said the same applies to Sainsbury's. Unless she's 'nicely' dressed it's Asda or Tesco. 

FFS!  

Re the tolerance for a-holes, or tolerance in general, I do find myself getting increasingly worked up about this and that, and the increasing number of people who just irritate the sh*t out of me. 

Only I usually try to keep quiet about it, or I'll start sounding like my mother.  It only took one occasion for a daughter to say, 'You're starting to sound like Granny!' to make me aware of the need to zip it. 

On 9/14/2017 at 11:01 AM, Si1 said:

The guy behind me said 'you barged into me'. I apologised and said it was accidental and offered him my place in the queue. He said 'i don't want your place, you physically barged me'. I gave it thirty seconds and emphasised that I had been undecided to go in for a coffee and that's how I may have done so, it was genuinely an accident, and could we clear the air. He said he wasn't interested in clearing the air as I had physically barged him

Thats where you went wrong, handed him power over you. You ****** up, you apologise, if apology not accepted then its conversation over, if they continue to make an issue of then its a case of: exactly what the f*ck do you want then ?, or maybe ask him if hes going to accept my apology like an grow up or act like a spoiled kid (the latter I've used in real life). Basically you need to take the attitude that once youve appologised you are no longer have any debt of honour.

29 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Thats where you went wrong, handed him power over you. You ****** up, you apologise, if apology not accepted then its conversation over, if they continue to make an issue of then its a case of: exactly what the f*ck do you want then ?, or maybe ask him if hes going to accept my apology like an grow up or act like a spoiled kid (the latter I've used in real life). Basically you need to take the attitude that once youve appologised you are no longer have any debt of honour.

That's fair enough, very informative. Cheers, genuinely.

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:46 AM, crashmonitor said:

Here`my Sunday morning routine.....

Go to flea market.....don't buy anything unless it`s good and cheap.

Go to Waitrose. Go to their restaurant, read the Telegraph. I`ve never been stopped.

Buy 6 pints of milk after making sure there`s nothing cheap. Get free cup.

Go round the rubbish place...rarely anything there.

Hop on motorbike....and away home. Jobs a good `un

On 16/09/2017 at 9:46 AM, crashmonitor said:

To be honest, Waitrose should have a 2 or even 3 pound minimum limit before you can claim the free coffee. Not fair to other customers to have freeloaders abuse the system. I can only think they don't do it in order to attract new customers (and think their produce is irresistible).

15 hours ago, longgone said:

4 steak bakes served by a spotty chav ?

That sounds like an m&s advert. These aren't any steak bakes, these are m&s. 

1 hour ago, longgone said:

they taste better when you fight for them.

you trying to get me into trouble?