House Price Crash Forum

London house prices record biggest fall since 2008 - RICS

HOLA441
5 hours ago, Bland Unsight said:

It was something to do with somebody having borrowed some money, but the details remain obscure.

I thought it was about predatory lions that live in lairs?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
12 hours ago, fru-gal said:

Meh. I don't think it is worth it. All the things that made London so special have gone. There are very few stand alone shops/venues/markets which are not all about profit these days. London has been turned into a concrete, monotone, homage to greed. The whole spirit of London has, imo, disappeared. Even if you want to have fun, everything is so overpriced that it takes joy out of it. Just going to the cinema costs £12-£15 in the suburbs! Ridiculous. Emperor's new clothes..,

So true. I live and work out west and there is literally zero difference between here and everytown, uk.

In fact, because everything is spread out and transport links are still crap, it's more of a pain in the ass than when I lived in Norwich and could walk everywhere.

And yet, half a mil for a 3-bed terrace and £6 a pint.

Three people leaving work next month and heading out of London. All state the same reason, you can guess why.

HOLA443

I'm really excited about leaving London next year. Planning to live up north with in-laws for a bit and buy a big chunk of a modest house to live in ~2018/2019 depending on how things go. 

Out of my group of uni friends all but one are renting or still living at home. The only one who has bought works in finance! One friend is working and helping out his parents (spendaholic boomers). 

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
2 hours ago, Glental said:

I'm really excited about leaving London next year. Planning to live up north with in-laws for a bit and buy a big chunk of a modest house to live in ~2018/2019 depending on how things go. 

Out of my group of uni friends all but one are renting or still living at home. The only one who has bought works in finance! One friend is working and helping out his parents (spendaholic boomers). 

How long since your group left uni

HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 hour ago, Talking Monkey said:

Do you really see it being that bad when it finally comes Count, would finally allow the younger generation to buy a home

God only knows. One way or another prices will collapse, Could be through hyper inflation making everything worthless or thus false market deliberately being collapsed. Could take a year could take 20. 

2007 was expected and predictable...now..different ball game.

We kept thinking TPTB would do the right thing, people would wise up, no one could be this stupid ...at every turn we were proved wrong....TPTB are clearly only concerned about the banks and the 1000year old families, it's become apparent they really do not give two hoots for the rest of us, we are slaves, there to do their will and support the top 1%. They will not stop, why would/should they, they can clearly get away with what they like. The British people must be the biggest idiots on thus planet and they know it.  Mathematically a collapse is a certainty, the only question is will it be the house prices or the currency collapse. 

The bankers are now in charge, be afraid, all those young renters might well be going out to die to protect their position and wealth.

The internet is the purple pill, sometimes I wish I'd never swallowed it.

HOLA4411

P.s. thinking about it..if you take on face value the statement that the bankers and establishment are lying to us the the QE fraud really is just money printing used to fund mortgages etc...give me a list of country's where this has worked?

Got to think we'll see a massive inflation event at some point, although the house prices ate already hyper inflated, will everything go that way?  

We could be headed into Germany 1930s scenario. If the British finally get angry who will they turn on. 1930s the Germans turned on the group they perceived as the problem, the British might go for the Muslims or the immigrants, doesn't bare thinking about does it!!! The Muslims certainly do seem to be getting pushed as the enemy now!!! Divide and conquer, the British way. All it'll take is a currency collapse, banks closed, savings worthless, empty shops...can't happen? Brown was ready to deploy the army on the streets in 2007 and I'd imagine it wasn't to protect us from the establishment :lol:

The ahole trolls who come on here to laugh at us/me and tell us all how well they're doing really haven't thought it through have they?

Keep thinking i'm mad but still waiting to be proved wrong. Things keep getting worse for anyone under 40 at every turn.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4412

So an Hpc and a Car Price Crash at the same time ?

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/sep/11/uk-diesel-car-value-pollution-vauxhall-audi-bmw-price

The value of some used diesel cars has dropped by as much as 26% since the start of this year amid a crackdown on older vehicles.

Second-hand Vauxhall, Audi and BMW diesels have fallen most in price, according to research by the car-buying website Motorway.co.uk. The average used Vauxhall Corsa with a diesel engine has slumped in price from £2,160 to just £1,592 since the start of 2017, a drop of 26%.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
56 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

P.s. thinking about it..if you take on face value the statement that the bankers and establishment are lying to us the the QE fraud really is just money printing used to fund mortgages etc...give me a list of country's where this has worked?

Got to think we'll see a massive inflation event at some point, although the house prices ate already hyper inflated, will everything go that way?  

We could be headed into Germany 1930s scenario. If the British finally get angry who will they turn on. 1930s the Germans turned on the group they perceived as the problem, the British might go for the Muslims or the immigrants, doesn't bare thinking about does it!!! The Muslims certainly do seem to be getting pushed as the enemy now!!! Divide and conquer, the British way. All it'll take is a currency collapse, banks closed, savings worthless, empty shops...can't happen? Brown was ready to deploy the army on the streets in 2007 and I'd imagine it wasn't to protect us from the establishment :lol:

The ahole trolls who come on here to laugh at us/me and tell us all how well they're doing really haven't thought it through have they?

Keep thinking i'm mad but still waiting to be proved wrong. Things keep getting worse for anyone under 40 at every turn.

TPTB are trying to force the Muslim issue, that much is obvious. Quite why is another matter but it's very possible they understand there's going to be serious problem at some point and they consider it prudent to have an 'enemy' prepped and ready to be used as a focal point for the problem.

Personally I don't see it working, England is a real patchwork of different races, cultures, religions and ever area has its own divides.

If it does go that way (I don't see it really - first battle the vast majority would have to fight is against apathy) we'd be looking at a military government with the monarchy as a figurehead. Probably be the most popular government we've had since the Magna Carta.

Edited by Calcutta
Do what I like.

HOLA4415
4 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

TPTB are trying to force the Muslim issue, that much is obvious. Quite why is another matter but it's very possible they understand there's going to be serious problem at some point and they consider it prudent to have an 'enemy' prepped and ready to be used as a focal point for the problem.

Personally I don't see it working, England is a real patchwork of different races, cultures, religions and ever area has its own divides.

If it does go that way (I don't see it really - first battle the vast majority would have to fight is against apathy) we'd be looking at a military government with the monarchy as a figurehead. Probably be the most popular government we've had since the Magna Carta.

Ask yourself...how do a handful of men convince millions to pitch up guns and go fight for their cause? 

TPTB can convince society, or at least used to be able, to do whatever their will dictates. Though brexit vote showed perhaps they've list control due to the internet. I'd expect internet control very soon...

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Ask yourself...how do a handful of men convince millions to pitch up guns and go fight for their cause? 

That was a long time ago and very different country. Order conscription now and I'd say 95% go for some kind of get-out. Love my country, love our history, grandparents and great grandparents fought in both world wars, not a chance in hell I'd send my son off to die in some cesspit just so any **** who gets off the boat can have a free flat and the dole. 

HOLA4418
11 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

That was a long time ago and very different country. Order conscription now and I'd say 95% go for some kind of get-out. Love my country, love our history, grandparents and great grandparents fought in both world wars, not a chance in hell I'd send my son off to die in some cesspit just so any **** who gets off the boat can have a free flat and the dole. 

Still 1000s being sent out to fight...willingly....how exactly do they do that?

I noticed couple of years ago soldiers appearing in various media things...one even won a talent show!!! Odd I thought. Was in tesco when they had a 3 minute silence for 50 years after the war, I looked around and the whole shop was stood there...I'd a child at home screaming for whatever it was and was in a hurry, 2 till operators refused to serve me. I walked out. Everyone else stood. Papers full of stories of enemy's everywhere, north Koreans ready to pounce. Then theirs the god awful royal family propaganda at ever turn, how nice they are, hiw hard their lives are...350 million to renovate 1 palace while people queue at foodbanks, fine fine people for sure.

Its all well documented tried and tested mass social manipulation if u ask me.

I look at it all and get the feeling people are being set up for what they know is coming. 

As I say, let's hope I'm mad.

HOLA4419
21 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

2253869-hmrc-acronyms-alphabetti-spaghet

Hmm, which joke to go for.  "If there was an explosion at the Alphabet Soup factory it could spell disaster".  Or, 

"Sad news from the Nestlé chocolate factory. A man was crushed to death under hundreds of boxes of chocolate.

Apparently every time he shouted: “The Milky Bars are on me!” his workmates just cheered".

HOLA4420
1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Still 1000s being sent out to fight...willingly....how exactly do they do that?

I noticed couple of years ago soldiers appearing in various media things...one even won a talent show!!! Odd I thought. Was in tesco when they had a 3 minute silence for 50 years after the war, I looked around and the whole shop was stood there...I'd a child at home screaming for whatever it was and was in a hurry, 2 till operators refused to serve me. I walked out. Everyone else stood. Papers full of stories of enemy's everywhere, north Koreans ready to pounce. Then theirs the god awful royal family propaganda at ever turn, how nice they are, hiw hard their lives are...350 million to renovate 1 palace while people queue at foodbanks, fine fine people for sure.

Its all well documented tried and tested mass social manipulation if u ask me.

I look at it all and get the feeling people are being set up for what they know is coming. 

As I say, let's hope I'm mad.

The volunteer military is a different beast from conscription. Relatively few are actually killed, it's a job that pays well and is a lot more rewarding than dragging crap around a warehouse for the minimum wage or sitting in prison or on the dole. National pride comes into I'm sure but at the end of the day it's a career choice when there aren't that many left for large swathes of the working class.

The kind of total war warranting conscription would be wholesale slaughter. Until we're actually dealing with an invasion I can't see many people being minded to involve themselves. 

Used to make a point of visiting Commonwealth war graves when I was near them. I consider myself as proud of the British Empire as someone born 100 years after the point can be, but it was truly horrifying to see how many thousands upon thousands of my own people had been killed for the sake of these dirty, stinking wastelands thousands of miles away from home. 

HOLA4421