House Price Crash Forum
Noallegiance

Rents to Rise as Landlords Pull Out of Market

They told you it would happen.

Looking out of my window, I can see streets in flame as the LL torches the building before packing up ....

What a total load of w@nk.

How do you raise rents when everyone is skint and benafits are going down?

we already have problems with key workers affording rent in London, I have spoken to a postman and a nurse who both told me they work to exist not to live.. not a wide survey I did but hey I bet they are not the only 2 out there.. 

Landlords sell up... More houses for sale... Prices fall... FTBs buy first home... Demand for rentals drops... Rents fall... Landlords sell up... Rinse and repeat...

50 minutes ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

Landlords sell up... More houses for sale... Prices fall... FTBs buy first home... Demand for rentals drops... Rents fall... Landlords sell up... Rinse and repeat...

+1

57 minutes ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

+2

38 minutes ago, Mine the wheatfield said:

Pure Horse shyte again from the BBC.

I disagree. It's double concentrated horse shyte puree. I think it's the bargaining stage.

...... once people buy nowadays they generally will stay living in their home for much longer, that is not good for agents they live from high turnover of sales......therefore it is in the agents interests that there is a high turnover of property that is let to keep things going, agent fees to collect, contracts to draw up, management fees etc etc.....fewer rental property on books = less regular income and profit for them.;)

1 hour ago, stuckmojo said:

It's them trying to hold the tide. Good luck with that. 

Imagine this.

Mid ranking BBC middle manager in London, mid 50s.

V. large mortgage on the OOO. Several BTL out in the provinces that are way under performing. 'What do you mean you cant le them for 1000/m! Is Middlesbrough that different from London?'

Youve spent the last week sitting down with your accountant as he goes thru the section 24 changes - 'God, I wish I understood percentages!'

Then the new viewer figures have come in,  showing everyone under 55 is either watching Netflix or Youtube.

1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Imagine this.

Mid ranking BBC middle manager in London, mid 50s.

V. large mortgage on the OOO. Several BTL out in the provinces that are way under performing. 'What do you mean you cant le them for 1000/m! Is Middlesbrough that different from London?'

Youve spent the last week sitting down with your accountant as he goes thru the section 24 changes - 'God, I wish I understood percentages!'

Then the new viewer figures have come in,  showing everyone under 55 is either watching Netflix or Youtube.

Yes, and multiply that by N landlords who haven't done their homework. First salvo on S24 day and collapse withing the following 12 months, I say.

Edited as I checked that the changes are spread over 4 years but they are a massive kick in the ******** in any case. 

Edited by stuckmojo
More info needed

4 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

So 1/3 of landlords expect to 'pull out' of the market in the next year. 

Perfect. I always thought the end of 2018 would see a wall of sellers 

Good luck with that. :lol: 

House I tried to rent 12 months ago but was refused as I only wanted 6 month contract has gone back to market £175 higher. Scary times.... I don't think deluded landlords will walk away until voids stack up or tenants can no longer afford astronomical rents.

im seriously thinking of buying the cheapest house I can find in order to see out the next 2-3 years as I've been renting for a year now and it's pants. Landlords scare the hell out of me 

1 minute ago, insertcoinstocontinue said:

House I tried to rent 12 months ago but was refused as I only wanted 6 month contract has gone back to market £175 higher. Scary times.... I don't think deluded landlords will walk away until voids stack up or tenants can no longer afford astronomical rents.

im seriously thinking of buying the cheapest house I can find in order to see out the next 2-3 years as I've been renting for a year now and it's pants. Landlords scare the hell out of me 

:lol:

4 minutes ago, insertcoinstocontinue said:

Landlords scare the hell out of me 

They'll soon need you more than you need them, I can hear the sound of worms turning already :lol: