House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jiltedjen

media today

Strange mix of media today:

- Pensioners getting half the income they expected (don't mention most are basically living like kings already) 
- Houses outside of 'parts of the south' below 2007 levels (not many still below that level)
- Bitcoin bad, worst thing ever (one of the few things that can help fix our economic systems)
- Next budget date announced at 22nd November 

looks to me like we are going to get another HPI budget, pensioner hand-out. Crackdowns on bitcoin.

Not ideal for me. Perhaps they are trying to butter people up for another 'no rate rise', or even another cut. Bit strange. 

For a while i thought we were going to get some house price drops, but seems they 100% do not want that, although do want more owner occupiers and less BTL. The whole thing is a mess. 

The vast majority of the population don't need ''buttering up'' for a 'no rate rise or even another cut'... the feckless debt junkies that make up the majority of society will welcome it with open arms.

It's an odd one.  There's even a bit in the guardian today about how affordable the North is.  I live there and it's very affordable if you fancy living in a poverty zone.  These 40 / 80k houses are not in salubrious areas....

I just keep positioning to leave the UK / pounce when it all crashes.  I don't let it bother me anymore really.  It's just propoganda ?

1 hour ago, jiltedjen said:

- Pensioners getting half the income they expected (don't mention most are basically living like kings already) 
- Houses outside of 'parts of the south' below 2007 levels (not many still below that level)
- Bitcoin bad, worst thing ever (one of the few things that can help fix our economic systems)

looks to me like we are going to get another HPI budget, pensioner hand-out. Crackdowns on bitcoin.

Not ideal for me. Perhaps they are trying to butter people up for another 'no rate rise', or even another cut. Bit strange. 

For a while i thought we were going to get some house price drops, but seems they 100% do not want that, although do want more owner occupiers and less BTL. The whole thing is a mess. 

Have a read at my post from today on here

Be Afraid

9 minutes ago, Bunfight said:

It's an odd one.  There's even a bit in the guardian today about how affordable the North is.  I live there and it's very affordable if you fancy living in a poverty zone.  These 40 / 80k houses are not in salubrious areas....

I just keep positioning to leave the UK / pounce when it all crashes.  I don't let it bother me anymore really.  It's just propoganda ?

To quote William Randolf Hearst:

" when a man wants to keep anything out of the paper it is good news!…When he wants you to print it—it is propaganda or advertising!"

We don't have newspapers any more, just adverts and propaganda.

hard talk was on the bbc news programme last night and the financial bloke comes out with the statement "bitcoin has no real value and is plucked out of thin air not like cash"

i had to laugh hard at that one. 

12 hours ago, longgone said:

hard talk was on the bbc news programme last night and the financial bloke comes out with the statement "bitcoin has no real value and is plucked out of thin air not like cash"

i had to laugh hard at that one. 

You see, LG, cash is plucked out of thick air and is therefore much more valuable.

23 hours ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

They seem to be oscillating between bullish pumping and bearish doommongering, it's quite bewildering.

The haves and the have nots perhaps ?

We've always said at some point the demographic and therefore the message would change.

40 year old sub-editor living in a shared flat despite earning £80K a year is probably not going to stay on message

34 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

40 year old sub-editor living in a shared flat despite earning £80K a year is probably not going to stay on message

sounds like a great position to be in :lol:

41 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The haves and the have nots perhaps ?

We've always said at some point the demographic and therefore the message would change.

Yup Count...  I've even read that Bankers are complaining that they can't afford to live in Londistan anymore....:o:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, eric pebble said:

Yup Count...  I've even read that Bankers are complaining that they can't afford to live in Londistan anymore....:o:rolleyes:

And possibly a third of those, irrespective of Brexit, will be at risk of redundancy due to fintech advancing rapidly in the next few years:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/fintech-technology-banking-jobs-30-per-cent-cut-replace-citigroup-ceo-vikram-pandit-a7944016.html

While Mr Pandit’s forecast for job losses is in step with one made by Citigroup last year, his timeline is more aggressive. In a March 2016 report, the lender estimated a 30 per cent reduction between 2015 and 2025, mainly due to automation in retail banking. That would see full-time jobs drop by 770,000 in the US and by about one million in Europe, Citigroup said.

Edited by Barnsey

On 9/13/2017 at 7:27 AM, jiltedjen said:

If they give another handout to pensioners then in 5 years time Corbyn will be in for sure. The disparity between living costs of pensioners vs the young is mainstream news now. 

Most pensioners have paid off their mortgage so don't need low interest rates. In fact, they need higher interest rates as their pensions have been cut. I think if anything it might be a reason to raise rates (real reason being that the country is ******ed with low rates). Low rates are having an impact on so many areas and the only people who are benefiting from low rates are BTL landlords and those who have taken on more debt than they can afford.