House Price Crash Forum

Len McCluskey has the finger on the trigger.

HOLA441

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Len_McCluskey

Please just bare with me, and could my nemisis just move on and read other posts and have your "ever so intellectual debates" with someone else, without trying to pull my few opinions all the time.

Len McCluskey is not going to cause a property crash in the UK, but I believe he is about to pull the trigger along with what is now the perfect storm and start it.

1. Jeremy Corbyn

2. A lot of p***ed off public workers(and private), and justly I might add

3. The unions

4. 10 years of austerity for the poorest in society

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41237242

I am by no means a looney lefty or commie, but there is only so far you can push people, I believe Brexit and the general election showed that. I think mass strikes are now inevitable and I will fully support them, even though deep down I know that our economy will suffer and it might get nasty. This country needs shaking up whether  from the left or right, it's all the same to me now, we just need shaken from our apathy.

HOLA442
HOLA443
5 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

2. A lot of p***ed off public workers(and private), and justly I might add

4. 10 years of austerity for the poorest in society

2. Why are public sector workers p***ed off?  Last time I looked they still had DB pensions and if they took on a more senior job received a pay rise for the extra responsibilities.

4. Where's the austerity?  I'm yet to see any.

Edited by wish I could afford one

HOLA444
HOLA445
5 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

Please just bare with me, and could my nemisis just move on and read other posts and have your "ever so intellectual debates" with someone else, without trying to pull my few opinions all the time.

This poster is an obvious troll. There is no house price angle to this. The attempt to imagine one is daft. The OP has me on ignore. Would somebody else please be good enough to direct him to the Politics sub-forum.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
12 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

ill be your nemesis, but only on weekends and after midnight. At any other time im too busy being simon cowells stalker and crank calling prince phillip.

Step up pal. Full time is the only way. If I can manage a stable of two dozen other HPC posters plus Ben Elton - all 24/7 - then you can manage Phil, Cowell and sPinwheel without letting sPinwheel have the run of the forum during the week.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
13 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

looked up mr mccluskey,  some kind of communist by the look of it, looks like a hampster to me actually, perhaps penfold off danger mouse or similar.

I think you've got the wrong McCluskey. Also, I think the OP has the first name wrong. It's Bridget, not Len.

eea449e899cc42de9fed627f5e141.jpg

Bridget McCluskey, scourge of the UK property market. Just the mention of her name sends shivers down the spine of an estate agent.

HOLA4414
5 minutes ago, Bland Unsight said:

I think you've got the wrong McCluskey. Also, I think the OP has the first name wrong. It's Bridget, not Len.

eea449e899cc42de9fed627f5e141.jpg

Bridget McCluskey, scourge of the UK property market. Just the mention of her name sends shivers down the spine of an estate agent.

my god, id almost forgotten about grange hill, it really was pure siab (shoite in a bucket), i was actually confusing her with that bird off butterflies (wendy craig but older).

Im hoping my advanced age means i can immediately lose the memory of grange hill in a few minutes as opposed to a few years which would have been the case when i was younger (and grange hill was still on).

HOLA4415

So your theory is strikes equal the start of civil unrest and recession.. I think they signal that people may not be as well off as the government keep saying they are.. yes the rich are richer.. so conservatives have bought prosperity, to the top 5%.. 

i will keep saying it, it's not that wages are too low, it's that houses and rents are too high.. if we were spending less servicing our rent/mortgage we could drink in the failing pubs, spend money in the high streets on goods, pay more tax and fix the roads, hospitals, schools and add another 10 police to the force.. that would make 20 whole police men/women to protect us.. double current numbers.. 

it would take mass walk outs for extended period of time to crash everything..

however the government and businesses must increase wages to keep asset bubbles from popping.. or lifetime mortgages.. some dirty trick to make us all poorer.. 

HOLA4416

Also worth noting a massive teacher shortage just as £3 billion budget cuts are coming in.. not to mention schools round my way knocked down to build houses whilst numbers rise.. 

35'000 teachers left the profession not including those that retired..

This country is "run" by idiots with no brains.. they don't deserve to be paid at all.. 

maybe they will privatise schools along with the NHS for their mates to get rich.. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/09/12/half-teaching-posts-filled-unqualified-teachers-national-audit/