House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mapatasy

House prices up 5.1% in July - ONS

21 minutes ago, Futuroid said:

House prices up and inflation up. Brexit is really paying off!

What's it got to do with BrExit other than the fact the bankers siezed the opportunity to rob of us all of £115B and support their insane bubble with 0.25 interest/mortage rates.

But this is impossible I have been promised a crash that was happening immediately and I was a troll for saying it wasn't happening. I suspect this will stay around 5-6% for the rest of the year. I suspect my Christmas family get together will be equally as difficult as those who doubled down in the HPI+++ world smile and sip Champaign on their unrealized gains and remind me how much extra I need to pay this year (why couldn't I be normal and just take out a 100k+ mortgage like normal people do).

Anyway this is exactly as I expected apart from the south east and London that have price affordability issues (unless they bring back IO mortgages or intergenerational mortgages) we will continue to see these rises. Mortgages are cheap banks want to lend and savings rates are low and interest rates are going nowhere soon no matter what  the count wants you to believe and inventory levels are falling but much slower than transaction levels so it is not surprising we still see rises.

4 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

What's it got to do with BrExit other than the fact the bankers siezed the opportunity to rob of us all of £115B and support their insane bubble with 0.25 interest/mortage rates.

Well, the inflation thing is quite to do with Brexit.

The weak £ that will life that much harder for you moving to France also affect any business that imports components or services.

Also, there is no way they will raise interest rates while the UK economy is in such a perilous state (unknown trading arrangements post April 2019, dire balance of payments, etc).

Don't worry - I'm sure 20-30 years from now UK houses will be cheap as chips!

5 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

In London, average house prices increased by 2.8% in the year to July 2017 (down from 4.8% in the year to June 2017).

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-house-price-index-england-july-2017/uk-house-price-index-england-july-2017

Thanks RR.  Looking on RM I'd image everywhere south of Birmingham is in the same boat.

Investors ( central bank funded quangos I'd wager)  piling into oop North causing everything to look rosy, while destroying the financial health of a generaiton

10 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

And this is why I'm off to France to live.

Choosing France because of its house prices?  You are mad.  The country is in a worse state than the UK in most other respects and you might find that as an immigrant you are persecuted as much as the immigrants are persecuted here.  I will say its likely to be more picturesque than Northampton but seriously?

1 minute ago, Futuroid said:

Well, the inflation thing is quite to do with Brexit.

The weak £  CAUSED BY THE LOWE IRS AND MONEY PRINTING that will life that much harder for you moving to France also affect any business that imports components or services.

Also, there is no way they will raise interest rates while the UK economy is in such a perilous state YES THEY WILL. (unknown trading arrangements post April 2019, dire balance of payments, etc).

Don't worry - I'm sure 20-30 years from now UK houses will be cheap as chips! THEY'VE NOT EVENT KEPT UP WITH INFLATION SINCE 2007, SADLY NOR HAS SAVINGS OR WAGES

Is this Asking Prices or Sold Prices?

As seems weird, London prices have definitely dropped in my experience over the last year.  Not as much as some believed in the Brexit-panic immediately after the vote, but still feel like in reality that they dropped by 10% over 2015 / first half of 2016.

Hey ho, if it's any consolation, was emailed by an agent last week after making an enquiry that the vendor (small developer) was 'very keen to sell' - presumably an agent doesn't drop that into an email unless it's pretty chilly out.

1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Count you have been telling us for years that interest rates are going up assuming they don't raise this month is that only two more MPC meetings before Christmas for your guaranteed following the FED rate rise? I am very bearish long (and I mean very long multi decade) on uk property as there are too many demographics issues but short term I can't see anything other than 5-6% rises, it will be a long time before we see bankers hanging in the streets. That said not buying even something not perfect in 2012 was the most expensive financial mistake of my life it will cost much more that I could ever save in that period to make up the increasing cost of the house.

Mr Banks, am not quite the same but similar story.

I only got enough money to start thinking about buying a house around the 2nd half of 2014, which seemed to be the middle of the mad London bubble.

.. 3 years on..

Still waiting :(

Am not overly bothered by it.. but not getting any younger and all that..

12 months ago people were sayign the US wouldnt raise rates....

The central bankers arent there for the good of the people, they are there for the good of the establishment.

P.S. just seen Mr banks blocked content ( there's a reason i must have blocked this 71 post hero) ....I've always said the BoE wouldnt raise rates till they are forced to.

Inflation rate is 3% and savings rates are well below this in most cases. 

Is this enough to force them, probably not, is it enough for hungry people to start protesting....lets hope so.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

29 minutes ago, newgi said:

Choosing France because of its house prices?  You are mad.  The country is in a worse state than the UK in most other respects and you might find that as an immigrant you are persecuted as much as the immigrants are persecuted here.  I will say its likely to be more picturesque than Northampton but seriously?

Persecuted.. did you see the reaction after the storm hit in America and the islands south.. tourists having machete's waved at them to hand over their worldly goods, mass looting of big TV's and trainers.. always a favourite of looters.. houses without doors or roofs looted.. 

i sometimes think we are one disaster away from a civil war.. there are allot of nasty people in this country now, after the London riots you can see with police numbers a disaster like Florida and we would see massive problems as all 4 of our police take on 100's of rioters..  

even a large property portfolio could not protect you.. ?

36 minutes ago, newgi said:

So that would be not at all then.

29 minutes ago, london_thirtythree said:

Is this Asking Prices or Sold Prices?

As seems weird, London prices have definitely dropped in my experience over the last year.  Not as much as some believed in the Brexit-panic immediately after the vote, but still feel like in reality that they dropped by 10% over 2015 / first half of 2016.

Hey ho, if it's any consolation, was emailed by an agent last week after making an enquiry that the vendor (small developer) was 'very keen to sell' - presumably an agent doesn't drop that into an email unless it's pretty chilly out.

my experience too. Something's not adding up.

Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Ex pat mate...totally different.

The difference is most UK citizens go abroad with cash, otherwise Spain would not have an economy, can't run a country on oranges and lemons.. 

people coming to the uk barring Russian millionaires, Chinese property investors and Oil rich arabs come with little to nothing.. that's why we have so many HMO's and slum landlords now..