Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Do it yourself buyers

Recommended Posts

How easy is it and quick is it to do a Local authority search?   Can I submit a search ( I think it's called a Con29 myself )  or does it have to be via a solicitor?

I've seen reports in the news where someone has been in a real hurry that they've got information in less than a day! which surely is how it should be done.

The reason for asking is I'm trying to buy a 2nd house and do not want to be charge a fortune for doing something I can do myself.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that the amount you will save is about £100 and I suspect the house you are buying is worth over £100,000 I really don't think its worth the saving for the additional risk....

You get a solicitor to do it so if its wrong you can protect yourself by suing said solicitor.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 294 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?

      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.