House Price Crash Forum
Mapatasy

Bank of England To Cut Rates And Add To QE in December

0.01% interest rate anyone?  Surely not..

Would trash the pound and devalue most peoples savings, but suppose would help prop up the property market.

Short termism might suggest that is fine - but medium/long term would presumably be an awful decision.

37 minutes ago, Mapatasy said:

Mental.

Carney's a 1 trick pony AFAICT.

He/They must know the housing bubble is unsustainable/untenable and will do every thing they can to keep the plates spinning till he can leave with his reputation in tact ( or so he believe, starving the poor of a country to support a few 1000 people in 1 city is hardly a measure of success on any level ). The only thing they can do is print and lower mortgage rates.

If they reduce rates it is single-handedly the most callous selfish act in British history.

9 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Pushing the £ lower would make a strong statement on brexit. Remember BoE is pro-remain.

Are the just trying to beat the people into submission so they can get their own way ?

These evil ****s should not be in charge of the remote control for the TV never mind monetary policy.

If I understand Carney's personality type correctly, he will have ahem arranged for UBS to make this statement, to help him in his quest for more QE/zirp to smooth him towards the end of his children's schooling claiming full bonuses, barbecue invites etc.

How did we ever get into this situation.  People should have been protesting on the streets the day they tried to get away with the money printing ( oh how they must have chuckled when they came up with the name Q.E. ).

I've said it all along, these ****s wont stop until they are force to ( one way or another ).

QE = helping banks

lower interest rates = helping banks

keeping house prices high = helping banks

maybe the UK banks are positioning to help the EU banks who are going to be in difficulty post BREXIT

This would lead to more pressure on a profits at Nationwide as it creates pressure on net interest margin. They need to be rapidly removing costs from the business!

Edited by Ash4781

The UBS prediction is stated to be "contrarian" within that very article.   Later on it gives all the other sources predicting a rate rise.  So I think people are getting the wrong end of the stick with this story.

10 minutes ago, kzb said:

The UBS prediction is stated to be "contrarian" within that very article.   Later on it gives all the other sources predicting a rate rise.  So I think people are getting the wrong end of the stick with this story.

True enough we're cynical after so many years of pain.

36 minutes ago, Si1 said:

True enough we're cynical after so many years of pain.

Its been a hard day for HPC, but, bonus, in the years to come nobody will remember Halifax's little blip, all we'll remember is that Richard Branson's island and house got literally crashed by a ****** off massive hurricane.

Edited by Calcutta
Phone turned hard to hat.

30 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

in the years to come ... all we'll remember is that Richard Branson's island and house got literally crashed by a ****** off massive hurricane.

You mean his TAX HAVEN island and house, where he skulks tax free (did I mention that his island and house are in a TAX HAVEN) and lectures us about Brexit.  Oh, delicious Karma!!!

Out of consensus view, I don't buy it.  The risk is weaker pound, growing debt and rising inflation. They know this and if these risks get bigger, then they'll be hiking rates for all the wrong reasons....black Wednesday style.

2 minutes ago, Dyson Fury said:

You mean his TAX HAVEN island and house, where he skulks tax free (did I mention that his island and house are in a TAX HAVEN) and lectures us about Brexit.  Oh, delicious Karma!!!

The problem is not him being in a haven and paying too little but the productive part of the economy paying way too much. Ever occurred? Or you need him and everybody else contribute more towards the Treasury so things like housing benefit, HTB and other reckless and feckless redistributions can be not only sustained, but even increased?  

Virgin Atlantic has 39 aircraft each holding about 370 passengers, if we assume each aircraft does 2 flights per day thats just under 29,000 passenger trips per day.

Multiply that by 365 and by the 33 years Virgin have been running and you have 347 Million passenger journeys.

and now, now you start worrying about climate change??

22 minutes ago, Habeas Domus said:

Virgin Atlantic has 39 aircraft each holding about 370 passengers, if we assume each aircraft does 2 flights per day thats just under 29,000 passenger trips per day.

Multiply that by 365 and by the 33 years Virgin have been running and you have 347 Million passenger journeys.

Well I'm sure that on the rare occasions Branson comes to the UK (he mustn't spend too much time here. he might become liable to pay some tax) he swims all the way across the Atlantic to avoid any CO2 emissions from air travel.

Never forget, paying tax is for little people, not the likes of Branson.

Never forget, not travelling by air to try to reduce CO2 emissions, is for little people, not the likes of Branson.

Edited by Dyson Fury

6 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

There was another thread on here recently "50% of people think we are in recession", well they are right.

Spending on the credit card for eternity does not warrant economic recovery.

How long is Carney going to put this off for, there is a sizable group of people in this country that have not experienced any form of economic hardship because of this fake economy, and I include myself in that group. I eat like a king, travel when I want, home is cosy and all the bills are paid with years of money in the bank to continue paying them should I not be able to work tomorrow, OK I gripe about housing a little:)

Government and BOE  policy in the last decade has been in place to keep people like me happy, and even more so the homeowner. Having a recession we all feel is NOT a bad thing, it strengthens you, levels things out and makes you take that 14lb of unhealthy living off. Yet again I am coming off a 2 day fast in the morning, I swear by them, you cannot keep a constant drip of good living going into your veins and stomach, it's not healthy, and I think the economy is the same

find out next week... presuming office an official tampering of QE... following US and EU ;)

13 hours ago, Dyson Fury said:

Well I'm sure that on the rare occasions Branson comes to the UK (he mustn't spend too much time here. he might become liable to pay some tax) he swims all the way across the Atlantic to avoid any CO2 emissions from air travel.

Never forget, paying tax is for little people, not the likes of Branson.

Never forget, not travelling by air to try to reduce CO2 emissions, is for little people, not the likes of Branson.

+1

14 hours ago, Habeas Domus said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/07/sir-richard-branson-says-necker-island-completely-utterly-devastated/

Branson's son:   "Nature warning us again of the impact of #climatechange We must all do more to combat this."

Branson attracting some real hostility in the comments section to the article.

1 minute ago, Dyson Fury said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/07/sir-richard-branson-says-necker-island-completely-utterly-devastated/

Branson's son:   "Nature warning us again of the impact of #climatechange We must all do more to combat this."

Branson attracting some real hostility in the comments section to the article.

The thing is he may be right he may be wrong. We don't know if this weather is due to climate change or if this weather just part of a very long cycle weather pattern (say 500 -10,000 years long) that we don't know enough about. The actual data set regarding how extreme this weather is compared with previous years only goes back to the 1970's.....