Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lavalas

Halifax HPI

Recommended Posts

I have a theory.............In the area I look at on Rightmove the % rises etc have a sentence along the lines of "So few houses are selling in this area that the % difference is more reflective of the actual properties sold than the area in general"

If transaction volumes at the moment are minimal, then the handful of people who ARE still selling their houses to the last crazy fools left in the world are getting bigger prices.

It makes me happy to think that anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I have a theory.............In the area I look at on Rightmove the % rises etc have a sentence along the lines of "So few houses are selling in this area that the % difference is more reflective of the actual properties sold than the area in general"

If transaction volumes at the moment are minimal, then the handful of people who ARE still selling their houses to the last crazy fools left in the world are getting bigger prices.

It makes me happy to think that anyway!

Minimal is not the word for it.

 

DJGwUQBXkAA2GkF.jpg

 

Without sales no one can survive.

 

They've killed the goose of the golden egg fame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Minimal is not the word for it.

 

DJGwUQBXkAA2GkF.jpg

 

Without sales no one can survive.

 

They've killed the goose of the golden egg fame

Misleading chart with a false zero.

 

The stock of properties as per that chart is currently a little over 40, versus an average of around 65, yet the chart makes it look like it has fallen close to nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Misleading chart with a false zero.

 

The stock of properties as per that chart is currently a little over 40, versus an average of around 65, yet the chart makes it look like it has fallen close to nothing.

At historical lows....and prices at historical highs.

UK is ****ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ye, we got 2 remember that low volumes make a distorted market and that the slow summer has pushed up autumn prices, market should slow again for october and as volumes rise prices should fall. if houses are sold over winter we should see a drop in the annual price rise, if we see say -0.2% drop between now and december then the annual price change is negative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 297 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.