House Price Crash Forum

This is a great indicator of Vendor denial, this could well prove that they are worse than the EAs when it comes to lowering an over inflated price.

Even by Expats standards, this is sickening greed at its worse, this bint is worried about 2K, so she can buy a kid killing, pollution spewing 4x4 once she gets to Oz. Hope the potential buyer tell her to shove her cr@ppy new build uo her fat saggy harris!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351021&pp=15

Edited by stalledFTB

Take the money and run biggrin.gif

House valued £675,000

Put on market £650,000

6weeks later £635,000

8weeks later £599,000

And not one single offer mad.gif

I'm going to pm him. I'll buy it for £350k :lol:

She took the offer in the end. But the greed is amazing!

Personally, I think she is lucky not to be in negative equity with her constant spending!

Reality:

Yesterday, 5:40 pm

Suni&Jay

Life's a gamble

Posts: 114 Re: Had an offer today! What should we do? ADVICE PLS!

Take the money and run

House valued £675,000

Put on market £650,000

6weeks later £635,000

8weeks later £599,000

And not one single offer

What should we do?

All advice gratefully received!

Yeah go f*ck yourself you greedy f*cker!!

SORRY JUST HAD TO SAY WHAT I FELT WHEN I READ IT! :angry:

Yeah go f*ck yourself you greedy f*cker!!

SORRY JUST HAD TO SAY WHAT I FELT WHEN I READ IT! :angry:

Good One TB. I reckon the real problem is that they giggled behind their hands when the offer was made and now they are going to have to swallow their pride and take the price.

The question should have been:

"how do we still look in control while we say thankyou for something that we had arrogantly and rudely laughed at? All advice gratefully recieved!"

Hi

We have had an offer this week as well and after much fretting have decided to bit the bullet and accept. It means we take £6000 less but we have been on the market for 12 months and really need to go. So we have decided to take the money and not look back, also if we wait prices will be higher in Oz.

This is the worst bit !!! by far.

Best Wishes Diana

Prices will be higher in Oz??? I dont think so.

What gets me is the fact she has miraculously managed to find someone even more stupid than her, but even she's too stupid to reailise that!

Now she's annoyed that she will have to pay for the EA because she has basically dragged in the buyer herself, maybe she expected the agents to bring in a hoard of buyers each offering £40k over the odds, people clearly fall for this bull$hit.

Edited by BuyingBear

We had an offer today from someone I am aquainted with through my church, she has nothing to sell as her boyfriend dumped her on Xmas day (classy). She initially offered 233,and we laughed. She then came back with 235 and we giggled.

What an unpleasant, greedy woman.

As we are still fairly young we have a massive mortgage and some debts to clear before we leave

I hope the entire market crashes on her and her sense of entitlement to unearned money.

we have a massive mortgage and some debts to clear before we leave (I am a major shop-o-holic)

There's your answer as why!

Guess they reckon the house is a gold mine/ATM machine

(But she's been tricked by the Bank's Propoganda into repurchasing her house at a higher price through MEW'ing)

I bet The Banks are Laughing all the way to the bank!!

Edited by A Fool & His Borrowed Money

There's your answer as why!

Guess they reckon the house is a gold mine/ATM machine

(But she's been tricked by the Bank's Propoganda into repurchasing her house at a higher price through MEW'ing)

I bet The Banks are Laughing all the way to the bank!!

A bit more from the delectable lady:

Dont laugh but will I fail my meds because.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sometimes have a cigarette when Im mashed? Sometimes I drink loads when Im out on the town with the girls. Im partial to downing a bottle of wine 3 or 4 times a week? Im not a size 10. (more a 14) I love curry but 70% eat healthily? We have meds booked 26/8/ Should I start detoxing now?

And when she's not on the Razz:

Hi, I have a JVC Plasma screen TV and have searched for threads from people bringing theirs into OZ.....

Look on the bright side, there are still opportunities to indulge in consumerism in Australia:

Cliche, I know, so sorry in advance! I want a big fat chelsea tractor when I arrive in Adelaide (thats a 4x4 if you dont know!). So, to those of you out there in possession of a big tractor already...any recommendations?
Weve been looking at this too! We reckon we fancy a Nissan X-Trail , and to be honest, it looks like a better deal to buy a brand new one, becasue at least you get the warranty

And new ones look so nice!

Despite planning a move overseas she bought a house:

So after all the dreaming and hoping, it looks like it is becoming a reality and I am quite frankly all of a sudden terrified. What the hell are we doing? Leaving secure and good jobs, a brand new house (with a whopping mortgage! )

Still, you can afford it all when you have your very own piggy bank

dated July 2004

Hi ABC....

Well we paid £215 for our house in Feb and its worth £250 now...but I want MORE!!!!!!!

Why is Australia called the lucky country?

This is a great indicator of Vendor denial, this could well prove that they are worse than the EAs when it comes to lowering an over inflated price.

Even by Expats standards, this is sickening greed at its worse, this bint is worried about 2K, so she can buy a kid killing, pollution spewing 4x4 once she gets to Oz. Hope the potential buyer tell her to shove her cr@ppy new build uo her fat saggy harris!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351021&pp=15

I thought Saturday was blue pill night?

;)

this woman sounds like a made up character - are we sure shes real?

should someone get on the phone to Adelaide and warn them?

I don't think any troll would be capable of constructing an 18 month back profile just to wind us lot up.

We know these people exist, our whole economy is based on this mentality, they're a fine exhibit of the best of British in the 21st century.

Edited by BuyingBear

this woman sounds like a made up character - are we sure shes real?

should someone get on the phone to Adelaide and warn them?

Low grade Brits are only allowed to settle in Adelaide or Tasmania

I'm not being facetious(I think its spelt that way?) but that is the current policy

They don't actually call them 'low grade' on the application forms, but the criteria for Sydney, Melbourne etc, is quite different from Adelaide

Coincidentlyso are the wages, house prices etc, (thats always a clue)

Edited by 88Crash

The aussies don't suffer fools gladly, what's the betting she's back within 2 years minus her house, £30k and suntan, she won't like Australia and Australia won't like her, tw@t

The lesson I draw from this is that the expat community are getting increasingly nervous about whre prices are going. The original poster didn't want to drop £2K but all the responses to that bar one were urging her to sell, often citing cases where the drop from asking price was much bigger. Looks like good news for bears. The expats are astoundingly slow to adjust to the market but many seem to be waking up to how things actually are.

This woman sounds like that character from Nighty Night.

Still, she must have a good heart, she goes to church after all. We’ll overlook the fact that she’s angry because the lady she knows from the church won’t finance her move to oz. The would-be buyer appears to have genuinely fallen on hard times, but there only seems to be resentment towards her because she won’t “pay-up”.

A truly unpleasant woman. Why would someone so selfish even go to a church?

I'm gonna say a little prayer for the deal to fall through.

Still, she must have a good heart, she goes to church after all. We’ll overlook the fact that she’s angry because the lady she knows from the church won’t finance her move to oz. The would-be buyer appears to have genuinely fallen on hard times, but there only seems to be resentment towards her because she won’t “pay-up”.

A truly unpleasant woman. Why would someone so selfish even go to a church?

I'm gonna say a little prayer for the deal to fall through.

I'll get mum to include that in her prayer group next Sunday here in Oz, then? :)

The lesson I draw from this is that the expat community are getting increasingly nervous about whre prices are going.

I'm not even too sure if I'd call this lot ex-pats

Most seem to be grabbing a chunk of money out of UK homes and steaming down to the less desirable bits of Aus, to semi retire on the proceeds with a 'grass is greener' ideal

The Brits that spring up in Hong Kong, Singapore, KL and work for multinationals in high profile roles, I'd class as ex-pats

The Brits in the IT sector in California are ex-pats

The Brits from up North, that sold up for a better life in Southern Spain and work hard running small bars or reastaurants are ex-pats

This lot are not 'ex-pats' IMO

(obviously the above is a big generalisation to make this post short!)