House Price Crash Forum
Mapatasy

How low can you go METRO?

Although I am not too familiar with West Drayton, I believe that it is up-and-coming and I am hoping that with the start of Crossrail, the area will continue to see some significant regeneration, and local businesses will be boosted,’ he says.

Good luck to him :lol:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=west+drayton&client=firefox-b-ab&dcr=0&tbm=nws&ei=K5OuWfP5OYqbgAbfgYHwBg&start=0&sa=N&biw=1920&bih=971&dpr=1

Stabbings, car crashes, fires, sex trafficking rings, ASBOs. Hope he enjoys his negative equity, i'm sure it's their forever home so can ride it out...

Edited by Barnsey

3 hours ago, Mapatasy said:

Comedy and I can't find the word 'Advertorial' anywhere... errr - must be true then!

https://www.metro.news/i-cant-wait-to-pay-my-own-mortgage/734919/

There has been quite an uptick in 'pro HPI' bollax in the fringe MSM over the last couple of days.

Little voices in my head are telling me "The End Is Nigh". ;)

JTFC!!! That 'article" wouldn't look out of place in the Daily Mash!! <_< 

I've lived in W.London most of my life and at no point, ever, has W.Drayton, or anywhere around it been 'up and coming'. It's always been a shithole and will forever be a shithole. What young trendies want to live in zone 6 and gentrify it lol.

This genuinely has to be an advertorial - because it sure isn't a story or even remotely newsworthy. "Man with questionable reasoning severely overpays for house vaguely close to London" is not worthy of any column inches. The Metro really is over-priced.

Did anyone notice the size of the property section in the Metro today?  Seemed huge to me, so I guess the advertisers are putting good money in so have 'earned' this 'journalism' as their reward.

46 minutes ago, dryrot said:

£420k for the new-build 2-bed in West Drayton. With £2k pa service charge...

I suppose its better than Jo'burg, tho?

That leapt out at me, too - £163pcm, ouch, you're earning around 200 quid a month just to pay that. And you've put down 42 grand as 10%? When I first looked at it, I thought, well, crazy price but that is quite a nice patch, down there near Highbury Fields, central, handy for his job in the city, big old waitrose round the corner, then a comment on here made me look again - that's Drayton Park I was thinking of, W Drayton would be good for a job at heathrow. 420 grand, man alive.

Edit: yes, shameful/less that it's not marked up as an ad, dismaying even in Metro.

Edited by North London Rent Girl

2 hours ago, honkydonkey said:

I've lived in W.London most of my life and at no point, ever, has W.Drayton, or anywhere around it been 'up and coming'. It's always been a shithole and will forever be a shithole. What young trendies want to live in zone 6 and gentrify it lol.

The ones that would have lived in Hackney but now can't afford it?

1 hour ago, dryrot said:

£420k for the new-build 2-bed in West Drayton. With £2k pa service charge...

I suppose its better than Jo'burg, tho?

At least in Joburg you can legally own a gun more easily than here - to deal with the local undesirables should they force themselves upon you in one way or another.

Edited by anonguest

5 minutes ago, anonguest said:

At least in Joburg you can legally own a gun more easily than here - to deal with the local undesirables should they force themselves upon you in one way or another.

Is that a racist comment? Genuine question. Sounds like it is but I'm hoping you mean something else by it?

16 minutes ago, Mapatasy said:

Is that a racist comment? Genuine question. Sounds like it is but I'm hoping you mean something else by it?

Oh for crying out loud!  They're everywhere these SJW types!

NO FFS! IT WAS NOT A RACIST COMMENT!  I didn't mean anything 'else' by it other than what I said. It was a tongue-in-cheek, but legitimate, comment/observation that in other parts of the world with supposedly sh*tty residential areas with the sort of low lifes that others alluded to be present in West Drayton (though I suspect they will be milder versions than those encountered abroad) law abiding citizens can 'level the playing field' somewhat IF they choose to.

AFAIK South Africa is inhabited by low lifes of all skin colours.

Edited by anonguest

2 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

Shades of the peak last time around when developers used their buyers as advertising pawns. I remember running a similar thread in 2007.

This, in the article the following quote just reeks of advertising for redrow in my opinion. The whole thing just looks like a "this is what you can do to be a homeowner" along with the sums if you can afford it.

I was confident buying off-plan, as I have been really impressed by the quality and specification of the other Redrow schemes I have seen.

Just now, anonguest said:

Oh for crying out loud!  They're everywhere these SJW types!

NO FFS! IT WAS NOT A RACIST COMMENT!  I didn't mean anything 'else' by it other than what I said. It was a legitimate comment/observation that in other parts of the world with supposedly sh*tty residential areas with the sort of low lifes that other alluded to be present in West Drayton (though I suspect they will be milder versions than those encountered abroad) law abiding citizens can 'level the playing field' somewhat IF they choose to.

AFAIK South Africa is inhabited by low lifes of all skin colours.

Thought so! ;)

Sorry to imply.

3 hours ago, bomberbrown said:

JTFC!!! That 'article" wouldn't look out of place in the Daily Mash!! <_< 

A fine piece of incisive journalism - I noted the phrase "Renting is Dead Money" - what a brilliant, innovative expression! I'm so tired of all the cliches. 

2 hours ago, dryrot said:

A fine piece of incisive journalism - I noted the phrase "Renting is Dead Money" - what a brilliant, innovative expression! I'm so tired of all the cliches. 

I liked this bit "Lining a landlord’s pockets was never his long term goal, as he explains."

This guy sounds Baker like just another anti-landlord bigot, vilifying people who are doing nothing except trying to provide housing for the less advantaged and secure their own financial future without relying on the state. What a tool.

More seriously, I love it. I love the idea of aspiring to have a mortgage; not a house, a mortgage. The whole article is priceless.

Edited by Bland Unsight

3 hours ago, Mapatasy said:

get a grip eh flower?