House Price Crash Forum

END QE in Austria

macca13

HOLA441

So there is an election coming up in Austria.. it looks like tax avoidance, QE and migrants are at the top of the list.. 

BOE might not want to end QE and raise rates, but decisions taken elsewhere might force their hand.. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2017-08-28/austrian-conservatives-target-multinationals-and-qe-in-economic-draft

Edited by macca13

HOLA442
1 hour ago, macca13 said:

So there is an election coming up in Austria.. it looks like tax avoidance, QE and migrants are at the top of the list.. 

BOE might not want to end QE and raise rates, but decisions taken elsewhere might force their hand.. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2017-08-28/austrian-conservatives-target-multinationals-and-qe-in-economic-draft

All sounds promising however it means nothing as even after being elected the People's Party would have little real power to influence any of these issues.

HOLA443
HOLA444

I think the Austrian Peoples Party are a bit like the Tories in the UK, if there is an election they make a few noise's about immigration to make people think twice about voting for the further right Freedom Party, but they are already sharing power and haven't done much about immigration.

I would be interested to see what the Freedom Party can do in this election.

Edited by reddog

HOLA445

Along with Italy and the growing distrust of the establishment parties there is something changing in the world.. people are coming round to the fact that more of the same is just making things worse.. Tories either change policy in a big way or something strange will happen next election.. although we need a strong 3rd party, Lib dems no way, UKIP need total reform top to bottom, not sure if they have the people to do it, So it would be a Corbyn protest vote.. HELP!! 

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/08/19/europe-wide-poll-shows-increased-distrust-elites-pessimism-future/

HOLA446
20 minutes ago, macca13 said:

Along with Italy and the growing distrust of the establishment parties there is something changing in the world.. people are coming round to the fact that more of the same is just making things worse.. Tories either change policy in a big way or something strange will happen next election.. although we need a strong 3rd party, Lib dems no way, UKIP need total reform top to bottom, not sure if they have the people to do it, So it would be a Corbyn protest vote.. HELP!! 

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/08/19/europe-wide-poll-shows-increased-distrust-elites-pessimism-future/

Beautifully put.

I think Ukip may reappear with a new coalition building leader.Anne Marie Waters is not that leader.

HOLA447
1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Beautifully put.

I think Ukip may reappear with a new coalition building leader.Anne Marie Waters is not that leader.

Farage has moved onto a radio career and Anne Marie Waters is the only thing getting UKIP in the news at all. Their voters mostly shifted to May to secure Brexit - and what a hash she has made of things. It's amazing to see their collapse barely a year after their great victory - one wonders how different it might have been had Steven Woolfe got his nomination papers in on time!

There is certainly a market for them - but I think people have given up thinking any government is going to address mass (unskilled) immigration so they just accept it as a given and vote on other grounds now?

i expect it will hinge on who the Tories choose as their next leader, what Brexit we get and whether Farage really has the stomach to come back - cos he has an easier life now and probably better paid too. 

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA448
HOLA449
5 hours ago, Uncle_Kenny said:

They will need to enact article 50 in order to force this measure through. Is that one of their policies?

I think there is a possibility in the next few years we might see another Brexit type upset..

Greece, Italy, Austria, eastern EU bloc being forced to take migrant Quota's.. there are allot of people fed up, with lower living standards, higher crime, overpopulation and housing costs.. The gig economy and mass immigration is seen as the cause, closing open boarders the cure.. 

HOLA4410
1 hour ago, macca13 said:

I think there is a possibility in the next few years we might see another Brexit type upset..

Greece, Italy, Austria, eastern EU bloc being forced to take migrant Quota's.. there are allot of people fed up, with lower living standards, higher crime, overpopulation and housing costs.. The gig economy and mass immigration is seen as the cause, closing open boarders the cure.. 

Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary have already formed their own block on the EU.  If things don't start getting better on the migrant front they might start causing a lot of trouble in the EU.

I reckon these countries have now seen through the likes of France and Germany, and have a lot less respect for them then the used to.

I have visited all of the 4 but Hungary I'm The last few years.  In each case, I would say they are doing better (socially and economically) than Italy and Greece.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
8 hours ago, ExiledMatty said:

Eastern block countries have benefited lots from being in the EU, and they know it too.

Yes they might grumble about migrants but will all happily remain slaves to the Franco-German empire.

EU has paid to relocate factories and industry from the U.K. To eastern EU countries, effectively removing jobs and money from the UK economy.. using our EU contributions to pay for it.. You could not make it up.. 

however who pays our 17% contribution to the EU budget when we leave? Maybe they will be asked.. not so good then.. 

HOLA4413