House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mapatasy

Daily Mirror "One in three homes for sale have had their prices slashed - and the average discount is £25,000"

Great news indeed.

£15,000 off the initial asking price of this 1 br flat. It's been on the market for 5 months. Still very pricey though for what it is (a former council flat masquerading as a 'luxury apartment').

1 br flat Norwich £110k

Property Bee details:

01/09/2017, 18:45:02
  • Price changed: Guide Price £120,000 £110,000
13/04/2017, 21:06:20
  • Price changed: Offers in Region of £125,000 Guide Price £120,000
27/02/2017, 19:27:51
  • Price changed: Offers in Region of £125,000
25/02/2017, 10:53:07
  • Price found: £125,000

11 hours ago, Mapatasy said:

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/property/848788/property-for-sale-news-house-prices

"HOUSE PRICES have dropped by £25,000 for a third of properties across the UK, after experts warned of a nationwide property market crash'

Times are a changin'.

Offered on a place in Buckinghamshire on Monday, it's been on a year  no offers, property next door has one less bedroom, one less acre and sold in 2015 for almost half the price! I went in 24% under, got rejected same day and now the estate agent won't even talk to us or show us other properties.

Pathetic, I'm over offering in it too

If the average house price is £220k (this may not be correct). 

Then that is over 10% price drops.

I know these are only asking prices, but if reported as over 10% drops, that doesn't sound good for those who enjoy/need ever increasing prices. 

Juice, just remember to be a little forgiving in twelve months time and to give him or her that pound for a cup of tea...can't see how else they are going to survive with such good business acumen!

"Areas in the south have seen the most properties having their asking prices RESCUED" :lol: RESCUED,she meant to type REDUCED.Though rescue is the word they will be looking for in about 18 months.

It needs to go much further, especially in rural areas of North Lancashire, Cumbria and Northumbria.

It's a beautiful warm sunny day. Mrs Princekie and I have been visiting a lovely rural village in North Lancashire, circa 10 miles north of Lancaster. It is in a sorry state, and I've taken a fair few photographs. Nearly twenty years of HPI has taken its toll on the village. 

* the tennis courts completely overgrown.

* children's playground with rusty swing, rotted see saw and overgrown

* churchyard- completely overgrown with bramble, long grass, bushes

* church- virtually abandoned

* pub- closed down, abandoned

* Farm buildings in ruins, overgrown fields

I left the village feeling very depressed. A mixture of unfavourable demographics and HPI, and another twenty years and I'm worried four the future.

Hardly a slash, more like tiny reduction. These cuts are inflation related, once the BoE start the cycle of base rate rises, that's when the slashing starts... the eight year cycle looms ?

IMG_4834.PNG