House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Saving For a Space Ship

"Dear Sadiq: pocket-sized homes are the last thing London needs" 

12 minutes ago, Saving For a Space Ship said:

12 minutes ago, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Nearly all the social housing in London now is for single mothers with absent fathers, social misfits with drug, drink or coming out of prison sentences who need support so they don't offend again ie  social housing.

He can do what he wants with London I personally don't give a s**t about the place anymore, though it's where my heart will always be along with many of my family members who left, we made the mistake of being a hard working tax payers who prefer being self suffient as much as possible, and crying in front of a housing officer clinging on to your fatherless children trying to convince him/her that you are the worlds number 1 victim does not come easy to us.

The British are typically a fair minded people - the current system though is grotesquely unfair....what will give I wonder, I can't imagine it is sustainable to shower such riches on particular privileged groups.

The Guardian needs to open comments on that article. The point about these affordable micro properties being among the most expensive in the UK per sq metre is well made. 

21 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

The Guardian needs to open comments on that article. The point about these affordable micro properties being among the most expensive in the UK per sq metre is well made. 

im sure i was reading comments on that article earlier, but i had to click the talk bubble when the artice was shown in the opinion list, couldnt see comments from that link above.

2 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

im sure i was reading comments on that article earlier, but i had to click the talk bubble when the artice was shown in the opinion list, couldnt see comments from that link above.

nope cant find it now, perhaps im losing it.

1 hour ago, Ah-so said:

I'd rather sleep/live in a tent than one of these microhomes. My brother-in-law is a mediocre architect who mostly does interior design and is trying to get my mother to build one of them on her garden in Shropshire. The cost of the project he proposes is £150,000 for a 3 bed which is a damn sight more than what it'd cost to put up a traditional bricks and mortar house. It's a money spinner. 

Sadiq Khan has done nothing for housing in London and as far as I can tell is just another muppet who fooled voters by using his upbringing and religion to appear as if he stood for the working class and cultural diversity. The first time I saw him speak and use that lame thumb point gesture I knew he was a tool.

The best part of this is when people start thinking the housing bubble props were running out and how could they possibly create new schemes to keep it all going, in comes micro properties....

how many idiots would actually buy one of those?  New builds are bad enough and they want to go further?

ill believe it when i see a shanty town of micro homes (life expectancy of building in a city, 4 months) built and sold.